Page 1 of 115 1231151101 ... LastLast
    vCash

2014 Free Agent and Trade Discussion Thread v3.0

Chicago Bears #23
    Kyle "Cheetah" Fuller

vCash
    http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/eye-on-...ndup-for-may-7

TRANSACTIONS

- Mets: Will designate INF Omar Quintanilla for assignment. As our own Jon Heyman tweets, the Mets may recall Wilmer Flores to take Quintanilla's spot on the roster.

INJURY UPDATES

- East Carolina RHP Jeff Hoffman, one of the top prospects in the 2014 draft, will reportedly require Tommy John surgery.

- Angels: OF Josh Hamilton, who's been sidelined since tearing a thumb ligament on April 8, said he expects to return to the active roster during the weekend of May 23. This season, Hamilton is batting .444/.545/.741 in 33 plate appearances. (Pedro Moura via Twitter)

- Athletics: OF Coco Crisp was forced to leave Wednesday's game after crashing into the outfield wall while making a highlight catch. He was later diagnosed with a strained neck, and he also may have banged up his shoulder. He'll be re-evaluated on Thursday.

- Brewers: OF Ryan Braun (oblique) says he should be able to come off the DL on Tuesday when first eligible. (Adam McCalvy, MLB.com)

- Cubs: Have placed RHP Pedro Strop on the 15-day DL with a groin strain. He could be sidelined up to four weeks.

- Orioles: C Matt Wieters will not require surgery on his injured elbow.

- Twins: 1B Joe Mauer is still sidelined with severe back spasms and likely to miss at least another game or two. (La Velle E. Neal III, Minneapolis Star-Tribune)
    Javylujah... Javylujah... Javylujah

vCash
    by R.J. White | CBSSports.com
    (05/07/14) Athletics pitcher Drew Pomeranz shined in a spot start Wednesday, giving up two hits in five scoreless innings while striking out five to earn a win in his team's 2-0 victory over the Mariners in the second leg of a doubleheader.

Pomeranz (2-1) worked well around the zone Wednesday, throwing 47 of his 68 pitches for strikes. Despite his excellence performance, his presence in the rotation was likely a one-time thing caused by a doubleheader. He owns a 1.45 ERA and 16:6 K:BB ratio in 18 2/3 innings.

vCash
    I know OT, but thought this was interesting.

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/eye-on-...-win-in-extras

Consider what follows to be your undisputed box score of the night ...

Thine eyes do not deceive: The Low-A Clinton LumberKings of the Midwest League came back from down 17-1 to the Burlington Bees at the end of the fifth inning to win the game in 12. In doing so, they scored the last 19 runs of the game. Let us now utter the timeless refrain: Those bananas are smothered in coconuts!

Three other facts of note regarding this contest ...

- The save went to Lonnie Kauppila, who is an infielder.
    - Robinson Cano's cousin played in this game.
    - Robinson Cano's cousin is named Burt Reynolds.

vCash
    Anyone know where the Cubs stay in San Diego?

vCash

Shark to Front Office "I'm a grown *** man "

Cubs right-hander Jeff Samardzija threw a career-high 126 pitches in Monday nightís loss to the White Sox and the next day reporters asked him and manager Rick Renteria about the wisdom of letting him have such a big workload early in the season.
    There was also some indications that the Cubsí front office wasnít thrilled with Renteria for allowing the 126 pitches to happen, especially in cold weather, to which Samardzija said:
    This is an on-field issue for uniform personnel. Thatís all there is to it. Iím a grown man. Iím 29. Iím not a prospect or 22. I feel good. I think Iím grown up enough and responsible enough to understand when I can go and when I canít go. Ö But just from what itís sounding like, there was a response. For me, itís just something that we need to handle here in the clubhouse.
    Which is fine, except youíre never going to see a pitcher say any differently and, obviously, being ďa grown manĒ doesnít preclude anyone from wearing down physically over the course of a season or, say, needing Tommy John surgery. Toss in the ongoing speculation about the Cubs possibly trading Samardzija rather than signing him to a long-term extension and thereís plenty of tension surrounding him and the front office right now.
    BUTTERFLIES AND RAINBOWS!!!!! JP611 Just called me an ecstasy user!!!! WTF!!!

Welcome Tyler Kolek or Brady Aiken or Carlos Rodon if not one of them say hello To Alex Jackson.

vCash
    Personally, I think the Cubs should eliminate the bullpen and go to a three man rotation where guys are throwing complete games every three days. It worked in the past, why can't it work now?

vCash
    Hmmm...

There's been complaints here on how RR has handled the BP and now there is a divide between the FO and RR on how he handled Shark's workload early in the season.

Anyone else see smoke?

vCash
    Don't these guys have phones? Why is this playing out in the media in the first place? Have to agree with Samardzija on this one.

vCash
    this organization as a whole is so disfunctional .... my patients is wearing thin

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by petrey10 View Post
    this organization as a whole is so disfunctional .... my patients is wearing thin
    Well you better feed him before he dies.
    BUTTERFLIES AND RAINBOWS!!!!! JP611 Just called me an ecstasy user!!!! WTF!!!

Welcome Tyler Kolek or Brady Aiken or Carlos Rodon if not one of them say hello To Alex Jackson.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ABE32 View Post
    Hahahahaha

vCash
    +1

Does anyone think that there could be a paradigm shift in the way MLB teams use "starting pitchers" decades from now? With the increasing amount of injuries, at least some have proposed the idea of having SP tandems (e.g., Verlander and Scherzer) that pitch in the same game and are able to limit their innings. And because of their limit of innings, they are able to pitch more frequently.

vCash
    Not go a lie... This made me laugh out loud

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by huff View Post
    Not go a lie... This made me laugh out loud
    Ditto lol

Page 1 of 115 1231151101 ... LastLast