Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 97 1231151 ... LastLast
    vCash

vCash
    Baez showing signs of life.
    BUTTERFLIES AND RAINBOWS!!!!! JP611 Just called me an ecstasy user!!!! WTF!!!

Welcome Tyler Kolek or Brady Aiken or Carlos Rodon if not one of them say hello To Alex Jackson.

vCash
    So, what do you guys think of Rob Zastryzny?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Emanski View Post
    So, what do you guys think of Rob Zastryzny?
    Too early to get worried about him. He could be working on some stuff or tweaking his mechanics. Give him a year or so.

vCash
    Bryant's contact% has started to come up recently, which is nice. He's now at 70% which definitely isn't great but better then his 60-65% he had earlier.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CubbyJoe View Post
    Bryant's contact% has started to come up recently, which is nice. He's now at 70% which definitely isn't great but better then his 60-65% he had earlier.
    A great trend to see.

I'd like to see him starting developing some better pitch recognition. He is swinging at about the same rate Baez was last year, which is around the norm for an AA player. Even though he does have a higher BB%, it may not appear that it is a result of awesome pitch recognition.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NORTH10 View Post
    A great trend to see.

I'd like to see him starting developing some better pitch recognition. He is swinging at about the same rate Baez was last year, which is around the norm for an AA player. Even though he does have a higher BB%, it may not appear that it is a result of awesome pitch recognition.
    I know you don't like Minor League Centrals zone numbers but they have Bryant at a 17% O-Swing. If that were true wouldn't that indicate that he is seeing pitches quite well (actual question because I am a Saber noob)?

vCash
    I know you don't like Minor League Centrals zone numbers but they have Bryant at a 17% O-Swing. If that were true wouldn't that indicate that he is seeing pitches quite well (actual question because I am a Saber noob)?
    They don't have the technology to make any accurate zones. It's almost laughable how bad it is.

For instance, pitchFX has a o-zone swing % league average at 30%ish in MLB. MLC, on the other hand, has it at 14% as league average in AA.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NORTH10 View Post
    They don't have the technology to make any accurate zones. It's almost laughable how bad it is.

For instance, pitchFX has a o-zone swing % league average at 30%ish in MLB. MLC, on the other hand, has it at 14% as league average in AA.
    Oh ok I didn't know it was THAT bad. Its too bad we can't get some nicer technology in some of these parks to be able accurately measure the progress. You would think this FO would be willing to spend the couple million at most that it would cost to put some better technology in these parks.

vCash
    Oh ok I didn't know it was THAT bad. Its too bad we can't get some nicer technology in some of these parks to be able accurately measure the progress. You would think this FO would be willing to spend the couple million at most that it would cost to put some better technology in these parks.
    The public doesn't have accessibility to many of the data that FO's or MLB teams have from their technology (e.g., HitFX).

vCash
    In the 34 games Bryant had between Boise and Daytona last year, he only walked 11 times. He's already at 19 BB through 32 games so far this year, and at a higher level. Love to see that.

vCash
    Do we still think we see Bryant and Baez up before September?

vCash
    Bryant and Soler with back to back singles in the 1st.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ILikeTurtles View Post
    Do we still think we see Bryant and Baez up before September?
    Bryant yes, Baez no
    Thanks JO-MO

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chicagofan71 View Post
    Bryant yes, Baez no
    Really? I have it the opposite. Don't think there's a chance we see Bryant until September at the earliest. Maybe the timeline has been pushed back on Baez but I think we'll see him right around the trade deadline.

Page 1 of 97 1231151 ... LastLast