Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Do your kids "have to be" Mets fans?

My kids have watched a lot of Mets baseball with me and been to a lot of games, but they are 9,7 and 2. They get very into the Mets because their daddy loves the Mets. But part of me knows that being Mets, Jets, Knicks fans they will just continue rooting for teams that will never win like their father has. So, do you make your kids be Mets fans, or give them room to choose?

vCash
    When I have kids in the future, they have to be Mets fans. They will play baseball too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyJerZ View Post
    do you make your kids be Mets fans
    How do you make someone like something?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by filihok View Post
    Oh, your replies to everything are negative. It was a fun question. Stop being terrible

vCash
    If I was planning on having kids, I would try to influence their decision making when it comes to rooting for the teams I root for. Buy them Mets clothes, dress their rooms up in Met's stuff, and keep the Mets on the tv when we are watching baseball. Hopefully that would be enough for them to become Met fans but if it wasn't and they became Yankee fans, then it's time to disown them.

Just joking, they can root for whoever they want.
    Last edited by metswon69; 05-08-2014 at 12:53 AM.

vCash
    If my kids turn out to be non-Mets fans, gay, or black, I will throw them out of the house, and make sure they never work in this town again.

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash
    Oh, your replies to everything are negative. It was a fun question. Stop being terrible
    Some people can't help themselves. This troll only shows up here to question posts, and try to make us defend our opinions to him. Don't let him suck you in. He doesn't deserve answers.

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Magoo View Post
    If my kids turn out to be non-Mets fans, gay, or black, I will throw them out of the house, and make sure they never work in this town again.
    Quote Originally Posted by filihok View Post
    Some people can't help themselves. This troll only shows up here to question posts, and try to make us defend our opinions to him. Don't let him suck you in. He doesn't deserve answers.
    You made the same point as filihok except that he asked a straight question instead of mocking the query. And then you insulted filihok.
    "The 90 wins is about challenge. It's about changing the conversation. It's about framing questions for ourselves as to how we get there. So I stand by the notion that we need to get better, and in doing so we need to set concrete goals for ourselves so that we have sort of specific conversations among ourselves about how we're going to get there." -- Mr. Alderson

vCash
    Good word. I do not have to explain why I would throw my kids out of the house if they came home with a yankees shirt or started rooting for the Phillies. I just would. And that is my right as a parent.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    You made the same point as filihok except that he asked a straight question instead of mocking the query. And then you insulted filihok.
    Did I? Did I really?

-Sun Tzu

vCash
    Good word. I do not have to explain why I would throw my kids out of the house if they came home with a yankees shirt or started rooting for the Phillies. I just would. And that is my right as a parent.
    Yes it is. They knew what they were getting into when they were born.

-Sun Tzu

vCash
    They should be Cardinal , Patriot and Spurs fans; at least they will be rooting for franchises that know how to win.

vCash
    Did I? Did I really?
    Yep.
    "The 90 wins is about challenge. It's about changing the conversation. It's about framing questions for ourselves as to how we get there. So I stand by the notion that we need to get better, and in doing so we need to set concrete goals for ourselves so that we have sort of specific conversations among ourselves about how we're going to get there." -- Mr. Alderson

vCash
    Don't forget ugly.

vCash
    No, my daughter doesn't have to be a Met fan. But she is. Probably the same reason I'm a Met fan: My dad.

But no, i wouldn't hold it against her if she were a Yankee fan.

But if she were Gay, Christian, Republican, or Ugly, she'd be disowned immediately.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast