Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Lakers, Chris Bosh Have Mutual Interest

May 7 at 4:23pm CDT By Chuck Myron

The Lakers and Chris Bosh have interest in each other as Bosh nears potential free agency this summer, reports Sam Amico of Fox Sports Ohio. The Mavs are apparently unwilling to shell out a premium for the Heat big man, as we noted earlier today, and while Amico suggests money may be a stumbling block for the purple-and-gold, it appears the two sides can see a path to a deal. Amico first wrote of L.A’s interest in February.

Bosh has hinted that he and LeBron James are most likely to stick in Miami for at least one more year. Both have early termination options on their contracts worth $20.59MM, and both would be in line for a starting salary worth close to that amount if they were to hit the market. They’re not necessarily a package deal, Amico writes, noting that while Bosh and James have a fully functioning professional relationship, they aren’t close friends.

The Lakers only have about $34.1MM in commitments for next season, so finding the cap room necessary to fit a max deal for Bosh wouldn’t be a problem as long as the Lakers want to shell out that much for the 30-year-old, who’ll probably command a four-year contract. The acquisition of the Henry Thomas client would accelerate the Lakers’ rebuilding project and likely please Kobe Bryant, who’s ever-anxious to win, but it would make it more difficult for the club to pursue Kevin Love, LaMarcus Aldridge, Rajon Rondo or other marquee talents set to hit free agency in 2015.

Bosh may also elect to put himself in that 2015 class of free agents if he opts in, and perhaps the Lakers consider a pursuit of the former No. 4 overall pick more likely then. Regardless of when he hits the market, he’ll draw plenty of eyes around the league. Bosh is No. 3 in the latest Hoops Rumors Free Agent Power Rankings, and our Charlie Adams examined his free agent stock in March.

---------------------------------------------------
    http://www.hoopsrumors.com/

Thoughts? In my opinion, it would be another epic fail for the FO should this joke push through.

NO TO BOSH!

vCash
    The last time I checked, Chris Bosh is still down in South Beach where his team has the best shot to 3-peat.

To me, this is another speculation thread.

vCash
    Please no dinosaur looking washup has been dude.

vCash
    pass.. if he's going to ask for 20M+

PLAN B

SIM LEAGUE NETS

vCash
    And what would be the point to sign a 30 years old soft bosh at a max deal???

BS speculation once again

vCash
    Rocco???

Free As Seagull.

vCash
    I certainly hope that this is just all speculation.

No to Melo, No to Bosh.

vCash
    ~14M/yr I'd take a look at him.

vCash
    Probably one of the most underrated and unselfish players in the league. I'd pass due to his age and money he'll demand

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Avenged24 View Post
    Rocco???

vCash
    Lakers just love soft PF's don't they

vCash
    **** this dinasaur. I want nothing to do with this guy.

vCash
    I believe this rumor. Mitch knows what he's doing, so don't question.... just sit back and let the master bring us some more championships.

vCash
    Not gonna happen.

vCash
    I think he'll resign with Miami.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast