Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Wolves 2015 Playoffs

Yeah I know it's early, but what do the timberwolves have to do next year to make the playoffs? They don't really have a closer. Who can they pick up before Kevin Love leaves to the Lakers, and they return to lottery picks.

vCash
    One thing to keep an eye on is Pekovic. I think it might be possible that we would be open to trading him for a very good wing if the right opportunity was there. I also think that what we do will depend on the coach we get. I personally wasn't an Adelman fan so I think it might be an upgrade if we get a legit coach.

If we can just stay healthy and win some close games we certainly will have a chance.

vCash
    honestly the west is gonna be so ****ing stacked next year i don't think they have a chance. i really don't see a single team other than the Utah Jazz who are a lock to not make the playoffs. the west keeps waiting for the spurs and the mavericks to go away, they just won't.

vCash
    There is not really much they can do and the west is stacked.

vCash
    Trading Pekovic, he's a HUGE trade asset and is a beast. They can absolutely improve their roster by dealing him for a scoring wing

vCash
    Nothing...

I am tired of this franchise already, I am even more upset at KG for wasting his prime years there.

I guess I just don't understand how Gm's think... I would give up a **** load of assets for a star player, to team up with one I already have; then I would build around them.

Having stars on your team, attracts other good players... Some of them will be willing to take a little discount, to be apart of an origination on the way up; but instead of doing that, they just hold on to players that will never make a big enough impact.

Enjoy Haters
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQkyxNNNefg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImlKH...eature=related

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    As a rookie Micheal Beasley averaged 13.9pts per game on .472 shooting. Do you know how many times Kobe Bryant or Tracy Mcgrady shot at that percent or better? Never in there whole careers. If Beas can be what he was when he was a rookie (he won't hell be better) then the heat are coming away with another steal.

vCash
    I think we will be able to upgrade and get in the playoffs. People have to remember how bad we were in games decided by like 2 points or less. That isn't going to continue to happen. Some of those losses will turn to wins with continual growth from the team. I think a new coach is actually good right now so he can come in and change things up a little bit. Gonna be tough no doubt but we could do it

vCash
    I hope we don't try to overpay for Love.

vCash
    nothing they should just trade love to the lakers for the lottery pick and start the rebuild now why wait

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86 View Post
    Jared Dudley>>>>>>Melo.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by east fb knicks View Post
    nothing they should just trade love to the lakers for the lottery pick and start the rebuild now why wait
    Love for the #6 pick? Really?

Lakers are a terrible trade partner currently. They literally have nothing to offer outside their pick. Not going to happen to get a top 8 player at age 25.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    Wolves can make the playoffs if the NBA changes the playoff format to the top 16 teams

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    Love for the #6 pick? Really?

Lakers are a terrible trade partner currently. They literally have nothing to offer outside their pick. Not going to happen to get a top 8 player at age 25.
    yea your probably right but the draft lottery hasn't taken place yet maybe they get a top 3 pick even 4 i'd definetly trade love for parker randle wiggins or embied but I more or less mean why not trade him now and start the rebuild the suns could be another option

Jared Dudley>>>>>>Melo.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by east fb knicks View Post
    yea your probably right but the draft lottery hasn't taken place yet maybe they get a top 3 pick even 4 i'd definetly trade love for parker randle wiggins or embied but I more or less mean why not trade him now and start the rebuild the suns could be another option
    I wouldn't trade Love straight up for the #1 pick this year. Nobody is LeBron in this draft, the Wolves will need other proven assets, that is just the way it works.

The reason they won't trade him now, is new management is trying like hell to convince him to stay. Look, I am a HUGE critic of the Wolves FO over the past 25 years. But you are historically better off trying to keep a top 8 player age 25 until the last possible second, than pulling the trigger early.

Do I think Love leaves? I would give it better than 50/50. But that 5th year with $25 million more than any other team may work out. We shall see....

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    I wouldn't trade Love straight up for the #1 pick this year. Nobody is LeBron in this draft, the Wolves will need other proven assets, that is just the way it works.

The reason they won't trade him now, is new management is trying like hell to convince him to stay. Look, I am a HUGE critic of the Wolves FO over the past 25 years. But you are historically better off trying to keep a top 8 player age 25 until the last possible second, than pulling the trigger early.

Do I think Love leaves? I would give it better than 50/50. But that 5th year with $25 million more than any other team may work out. We shall see....
    if he played in a larger market i'd try to keep him too but look at what Utah did with dwill and it's probably a guarantee love is leaving holding on to him for an extra year is just dumb but hey if melo leaves my knicks i'll be saying the same thing and another example is rondo he's most likely gone too but the Celtics are holding on to him for what idk

Jared Dudley>>>>>>Melo.

vCash
    We're really unlikely to make playoffs as long as the West remains as strong as it is.

If Rubio learns how to shoot and we sign enough players to have even an 'average' bench, we could compete for 8th seed.

That's best case scenario though.

Most likely scenario is we again finish 9-10th behind Mavs, Suns, Memphis.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast