Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Is Babcock leaving?

There are a lot of rumors floating around that maybe Babcock might leave the Wings. wil he leave? Are the Wings ready to part with him?

Doug MacLean: ”I wouldn’t be surprised if Holland and Babcock make a joint decision on Mike leaving. There is too much respect between the two” … ”Not a lot of love between Babcock and his players. People think there is, but there isn’t. Babcock can’t be a lame duck coach” … ”Babcock will not like Shanahan. I don’t think Carlyle likes Shanahan right now”

vCash
    So this is his last year and then he takes over for Berenson right? Or was that a different interminable rumor

vCash
    Well Carlyle got extended on Toronto so the Babcock to Maple Leafs rumors can be put to bed, at least for a couple of years.

Catches: 3 Yards: 38 TDs: 0

vCash
    He was on XM radio and did not come out and say that he will stay. But he did say that him and his family are very happy where they are.

vCash
    Doesn't he have 2 years left on his contract? I really don't think he leaves, he has said he is happy where he is at and I doubt he goes anywhere else in the NHL due to the fact he would have to either leave his family, or move them with him.

http://www.freep.com/article/2014043...s-mike-babcock

Babcock, who turned 51 on Tuesday, said it was “no priority whatsoever” to get a new deal, adding “I doubt it” when asked if he’d talk extension. Babcock’s explanation was that he’s comfortable with the situation as is — meaning he’s got a year left, and that year overlaps with his youngest daughter entering her senior year of high school. Babcock said if he doesn’t spend the year as coach of the Wings, he’d sign on as an assistant with Michigan hockey coach Red Berenson (not a job that’s going to pay anywhere close to the $2 million the Wings are paying).
    “I’m staying in Detroit, for sure,” Babcock said. “I haven’t thought about going anywhere else. I can get a job. I’m not worried about that. I like it here. The owner is great to me — actually, the owner is better than great to me here. They do things right. They treat people right, and the GM is a driven guy who can’t stand losing, and I like to be around ultracompetitive people.”

vCash
    With Holland saying he won't let teams talk to Blash..... I would hate to lose either one. Trouble is, after next year Blash's deal is up and if the Wings don't offer up gold he will be snatched up quickly.

vCash
    Can coaches be traded for picks/players similar to the NFL? It would suck to lose Blash for nothing. But maybe we can trade Blash for the rights to Orpik and/or Niskanen. just sayin

vCash
    hopefully he goes fishing. oh wait