Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Anyone miss Arod?

I sure do. Watching this mariners game now makes me depressed. Cano had that flare that superstar you could count on.

Made me think what we could be if we had Arod. Miss seeing him in the lineup even if he's not hitting well just the fact he's in the lineup makes pitchers think about what he's capable of.

vCash
    I do. He's my fav player

EVERYBODY RELAX, I'M BACK!

vCash
    I prefer Arod to no Arod. The entertainment value is immense.

But if he's broken down crappy Arod, I'd rather play Solarte and spend the $30 mil elsewhere.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

Message to Hal: SIGN EVERYONE.

vCash
    Depends on how he played

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LeoYankee View Post
    I prefer Arod to no Arod. The entertainment value is immense.

But if he's broken down crappy Arod, I'd rather play Solarte and spend the $30 mil elsewhere.
    100% correct. Arod did a lot of stupid stuff but there is absolutely no denying his entertainment value and talent, we now have a team full of boyscouts and they're extremely boring (and mediocre).
    THE GOAT

Until a player reaches these PA numbers, lets not talk about how good they are.

The Following PA's are when sample size stabilizes

50 PA: Swing %
    100 PA: Contact Rate
    150 PA: Strikeout Rate, Line Drive Rate, Pitches/PA
    200 PA: Walk Rate, Groundball Rate, GB/FB
    250 PA: Flyball Rate
    300 PA: Home Run Rate, HR/FB
    500 PA: OBP, SLG, OPS, 1B Rate, Popup Rate
    550 PA: ISO

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemoes View Post
    I sure do. Watching this mariners game now makes me depressed. Cano had that flare that superstar you could count on.

Made me think what we could be if we had Arod. Miss seeing him in the lineup even if he's not hitting well just the fact he's in the lineup makes pitchers think about what he's capable of.
    Not at all! He is the most selfish classless player I have ever seen. Also a pathological liar. I've never rooted against any Yankee player until him. He could have been an all time great and sold his sole to the devil!

If our only concern is a pitcher thinking about what a batter is capable of I would rather have see Brock Lesnar playing 3rd for us!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wojo View Post
    Not at all! He is the most selfish classless player I have ever seen. Also a pathological liar. I've never rooted against any Yankee player until him. He could have been an all time great and sold his sole to the devil!

If our only concern is a pitcher thinking about what a batter is capable of I would rather have see Brock Lesnar playing 3rd for us!
    Is this facetious?
    THE GOAT

Until a player reaches these PA numbers, lets not talk about how good they are.

The Following PA's are when sample size stabilizes

50 PA: Swing %
    100 PA: Contact Rate
    150 PA: Strikeout Rate, Line Drive Rate, Pitches/PA
    200 PA: Walk Rate, Groundball Rate, GB/FB
    250 PA: Flyball Rate
    300 PA: Home Run Rate, HR/FB
    500 PA: OBP, SLG, OPS, 1B Rate, Popup Rate
    550 PA: ISO

vCash
    A-Rod still stretched out our lineup and provided a right handed threat, even when he wasn't fully healthy. On top of that, he's become a fairly good defensive 3rd baseman.

Right now, our right handed power is Alfonso Soriano. Think about that. The guy who sits dead fastball, can't hit a curveball, and swings at anything.

Solarte has been exciting, but let's not forget he's spent a total of 27 games in the big leagues. His first 7 games were spectacular where he was 11-24 (.458) with 7 RBIs. He's 12-52 (.230) with 1 HR and 6 RBI in 20 games since that scorching start. We still really don't know what we have with him.

A diminished A-Rod was still a good baseball player. If we have to pay him the next few years, I'd rather him play than not. Like it or not, he's had an effect on our lineup that no player in the last decade really has. We're a better team when A-Rod plays.

vCash
    He's my favorite player so yeah, I miss him.
    Yankees - Jets - Rockets

vCash
    Yankees are only two players away from having a good hitting lineup. One of those players is a 3rd baseman (A-rod) and the other is a second baseman (Cano). Next year we lose Jeter, but get A-rod back. So we'll have to take on Tulowitzski's contract and ...don't know...2B is tough - let's see if Roberts can make it all the way back, I guess.

vCash
    Yeah i miss him, he might not have had the power we were hoping last yr but he still hit pretty well and its not like the middle of the order so far this yr is tearing it up. I definitely think he'd be a big upgrade over what we have seen so far a 3rd.

vCash
    **** arod
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    I do

vCash
    No

vCash
    He's a scumbag and nearly every time he bats he disappoints me.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast