Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Next years NFL draft may not be until the MIDDLE OF MAY

Bob McGinn ‏@BobMcGinn 3h
    Three NFL people that I really trust say the league is giving serious consideration to scheduling the draft a week or two later in 2015

Who's idea was this? Its a horrible idea .

vCash
    I know the NFL wants to spread their offseason out as much as possible to keep the fans' attention, but really, enough is enough.

vCash
    The sportswriters all hate it, the coaches hate it, but I bet the gms and the vets love it

vCash
    not a big deal
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Just saw the tweet about this. bleh

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe pride View Post
    not a big deal
    It actually is a big deal.
    DO NOT TRUST YOUR PETS TO NEMACOLIN WOODLANDS KENNEL

On 7/20/14 we took our Calla and Pebble for a stay while on vacation. On 7/21 Calla, who is diabetic, was given 10x her insulin dosage. She wasn't found until 12 hours after being overdosed. After a week and a half of suffering we made the tough decision to put her down because of brain damage and a lack of a quality of life. She was only 7 and her breed lives until their 20's. Over half of our beloved Calla's life was stolen from us.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Long Shot View Post
    I know the NFL wants to spread their offseason out as much as possible to keep the fans' attention, but really, enough is enough.
    I think stretching out the period between FA and the draft would have the opposite effect. It did for me at least. NBA and NHL playoffs going on, no NFL news to follow, draft should have been last week IMO.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoodedSB View Post
    I think stretching out the period between FA and the draft would have the opposite effect. It did for me at least. NBA and NHL playoffs going on, no NFL news to follow, draft should have been last week IMO.
    Agreed, which is why I think the NFL went the wrong way in approaching this. Stretch the draft itself out, make Day 2 a week after Day 1 and Day 3 a week after that, but don't agonize us by making us wait so bloody long just for the thing to start.

vCash

Next years NFL draft may not be until the MIDDLE OF MAY

Dumb.

vCash
    Agreed, which is why I think the NFL went the wrong way in approaching this. Stretch the draft itself out, make Day 2 a week after Day 1 and Day 3 a week after that, but don't agonize us by making us wait so bloody long just for the thing to start.
    This is even worse!!

10 rounds, 4 days has been tossed around.
    Thursday round one
    Friday two and three
    Saturday four five six
    Sunday seven eight nine ten.

On 7/20/14 we took our Calla and Pebble for a stay while on vacation. On 7/21 Calla, who is diabetic, was given 10x her insulin dosage. She wasn't found until 12 hours after being overdosed. After a week and a half of suffering we made the tough decision to put her down because of brain damage and a lack of a quality of life. She was only 7 and her breed lives until their 20's. Over half of our beloved Calla's life was stolen from us.

vCash
    You mean a week later than what it is now?

I think I'll survive.
    Go Knicks!

All time

vCash
    That's another week for these manchildren to get themselves arrested, they should have as little free time as possible, it's for their own good lol.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    This is even worse!!

10 rounds, 4 days has been tossed around.
    Thursday round one
    Friday two and three
    Saturday four five six
    Sunday seven eight nine ten.
    I don't see how that could possibly be worse. At least with this scenario, you're ensuring that (assuming the draft has been moved back to its previous date) instead of several weeks of "Where will Players X, Y and Z go?", you'll instead be subjected to several weeks of constantly changing coverage as the draft goes on, such as, "Player X went here and Player Z went here, but Player Y fell out of the round, let's see where he ends up." Additionally, you could ensure that at least a portion of each day of the draft would be shown in prime-time. I'm not saying it's substantially better than what the NFL has in place already, but I can't honestly see it being worse.

vCash
    I don't see how that could possibly be worse. At least with this scenario, you're ensuring that (assuming the draft has been moved back to its previous date) instead of several weeks of "Where will Players X, Y and Z go?", you'll instead be subjected to several weeks of constantly changing coverage as the draft goes on, such as, "Player X went here and Player Z went here, but Player Y fell out of the round, let's see where he ends up." Additionally, you could ensure that at least a portion of each day of the draft would be shown in prime-time. I'm not saying it's substantially better than what the NFL has in place already, but I can't honestly see it being worse.
    Seventh wound players being at a seven week disadvantage. Just start there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Seventh wound players being at a seven week disadvantage. Just start there.
    I didn't say "one round per week", I said "one day of the draft per week". As in, keep the current draft format, but instead of doing it over a three day period, spread it out over three weeks.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast