Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Pass the rock.......

It should not be surprising that the 4 teams who won the last two days were the 4 teams who move the ball better than the teams they are playing. We always talk about one player doing this and that, but at the end of the day it comes down to teams who can get everyone involved.

To be honest I am a young 30 years old but I have never seen a team like the Heat or Spurs who pass the ball as much as they do.

To the hardcore basketball folks out there is this why they have a ton of success? Obviously talent is involved, but it's why I believe the Thunder will not win the title.

I am not discounting the clips but I believe they are right below the Heat and Spurs.

vCash
    I think you have a good point, but I also think that the Thunder could win a title with ISO ball. But they aren't giving the ball enough to Durant.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by raiderfaninTX View Post
    It should not be surprising that the 4 teams who won the last two days were the 4 teams who move the ball better than the teams they are playing. We always talk about one player doing this and that, but at the end of the day it comes down to teams who can get everyone involved.

To be honest I am a young 30 years old but I have never seen a team like the Heat or Spurs who pass the ball as much as they do.

To the hardcore basketball folks out there is this why they have a ton of success? Obviously talent is involved, but it's why I believe the Thunder will not win the title.

I am not discounting the clips but I believe they are right below the Heat and Spurs.
    I've said forever now that I'd much prefer having a team with 3-4 willing and capable passers over a team with a great "true" or "pass-first" PG being relied upon to set everyone up. That's why those two buzz words are some of my least favorites pertaining to basketball. Watching the Heat and Spurs just pass the ball so willingly and so selflessly is really a joy to watch. For a while now I think we've seen that there's not really a correlation between having a great passing PG and having a great offense. You just need a team full of willing passers in today's NBA where spacing is so damn important.

I don't think the reason the Thunder won't win a title is because they don't pass enough. 56% of their FGs are assisted...Miami is at 59% for example. There's a difference there, but it's not huge. I think they won't win it all because they start two liabilities on offense, space the court so horrifically, and don't frequently pick their defensive match ups that well. If Thabo is out there, for example, he's gotta be defending CP3 or his value is just completely wasted. It's just a poorly balanced team.

Indy's lack of passing is their Achilles's heel, however. They're a team full of aimless dribblers who aren't great passers. They space the court poorly too which compounds the problem. They're a bottom 5 or so passing team IMO. Bringing in Evan Turner just compounds that.