Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Spurs GM R.C. Buford wins Exec of the Year!

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 3m
    Finally. Spurs GM R.C. Buford voted NBA Executive of the Year.
    Well Deserved!

vCash
    Did not see that coming... Finally!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kdspurman View Post
    Did not see that coming... Finally!
    I mean you could argue about this year. But it makes up for all the years he didn't win it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mjt20mik View Post
    I mean you could argue about this year. But it makes up for all the years he didn't win it.
    Yea that's sort of my thinking as well. The ability to keep a team this stable for this long though is often overlooked and probably under-appreciated. Especially while not making any big time FA signings or trades. It's tough for him to win it when these other teams are in the spotlight making some of the moves that are made.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mjt20mik View Post
    This. Long overdue.

It's awful hard to get recognized when you're doing a great job year after year. I'm thinking of this as more of a lifetime achievement award than whether he did the absolute best moves in the NBA this year.
    J.R. Smith: "They were pretty much scoring at will. Especially my guy. I don't know what the hell I was doing on defense."

Raymond Felton : "The play was give the ball to Melo."

vCash
    what transactions has he actually done this year? I'd say he's the best GM in the NBA for the past 10 years considering how competitive the spurs have been
    [CENTER]

vCash
    That Marco Belinelli move really paid off.

vCash
    This award makes no ****ing sense. Morey and Ujiri clearly did more work for their teams this season, and they give it to a guy who did absolutely ****ing nothing in the offseason or at the trade deadline. If you want to reward a guy for something he did 5-10 years ago, do it another way. Don't give him an annual award he clearly didn't deserve the year he won it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    This award makes no ****ing sense. Morey and Ujiri clearly did more work for their teams this season, and they give it to a guy who did absolutely ****ing nothing in the offseason or at the trade deadline. If you want to reward a guy for something he did 5-10 years ago, do it another way. Don't give him an annual award he clearly didn't deserve the year he won it.
    What happened most probably was that there weren't any big favorites in that field this season so they decided to give it to a guy who has been doing it year in and year out and hasn't won it as much as he should.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    Marco Belinelli isn't absolutely nothing. Just cause he didn't go out and sign a big player or trade for a big time player doesn't mean he did nothing. I'm pretty sure there's more to this award than just trying to bring in marquis players. Especially seeing as when doing that, it doesn't always translate to winning.

vCash
    Masai ujiri should have won again no contest
    The bargnani trade was great with the value he got back, the Rudy trade that turned a 6-12 team into a 42-22 team, and from out of the playoffs to 3rd seed

vCash
    Blazers GM acquires Robin Lopez & Mo Williams who fills absolute needs for them and turns them from playoff 'maybes' to real contenders.

Raptors GM trades Bargnani for 'something' and deals Gay away which allows the team to better mesh (something he knew could happen)

Rockets GM acquires ummm Dwight Howard!! Turns them from contenders to elite (despite how the season ended) and they get HCA in round 1.

Suns GM deals away veterans for young players and picks and it pays off, drastically improving the team into a playoff contender.

Spurs GM acquires Belinelli and I don't know what else. Pops I was OK with getting CoY. This award however, is a joke. It seems like he's getting rewarded for the teams 'best record' success as opposed to other things that makes a team improve.

Anyone who said they saw this coming is a liar.
    Last edited by king4day; 05-07-2014 at 12:21 PM.

vCash
    Also, I don't think RC gets enough credit for training a lot of FO guys in the league who have turned out to be successful GMs after a stint with the Spurs. They may add their own wrinkles to the Spurs system of management, but they're usually pretty successful.

Edit: Also, not letting Splitter get lured away by more $ is proving to be valuable and again overlooked by those who think he did "nothing"
    Last edited by kdspurman; 05-07-2014 at 01:07 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dalton749 View Post
    Masai ujiri should have won again no contest
    The bargnani trade was great with the value he got back, the Rudy trade that turned a 6-12 team into a 42-22 team, and from out of the playoffs to 3rd seed
    The Spurs are the most underrated team ever from players to management but I agree with the above post there is no way that Buford should have won it over Masai Ujiri. He just accomplished waaaaaaaaaaaaaay more in such a short time.

Quote Originally Posted by knicksfan42 View Post
    ...For me a large part of it is that they were rivals. LeBron vs Wade was a great rivalry and for them to team up just doesn't sit right with me. It would've been cool if LeBron had gone to the Bulls.....
    and Bosh to the Heat to join Wade. That would've been awesome... I would've respected LeBron way more if he went there.
    Why have great rivals when you can join them and have none.... Lebron James where losing the spirit of competition happens!

vCash
    Lot of salty fans in here.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast