Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

My Real Final Mock

No trades.

Stephon Tuitt and DaQuan Jones may not be the second coming of Seymour and Wilfork but they'll bring youth, power, enthusiasm and talent to a young man's game. Wilfork might not play well or for long. I don't care if pressure comes from the outside or inside as long as they generate more of it this year and these two will help. They can find the room.

1.DE/DT Stephon Tuitt : Big strong versatile player they can move along the line-has the Brian Baldinger seal of approval and I respect his evaluation.

2. OT/OG Jack Mewhort - Team captain under Urban Meyer which is almost as good as playing for Rutgers...anyway as I was saying...A tough, fiery competitor. Has good size, strength, awareness and the hands to handle the pass rush.

3. DT DaQuan Jones: If he's still there I'd take him. He's big and powerful with enough athleticism to cause problems in the gap. IMO..he's a potential force inside.

4a. WR Brandon Coleman- He has the size and ability to be a weapon in the red zone offense but needs refining. Played for Rutgers...what else does he need on his resume?

4b. OT/OG Michael Schofield - The other Michigan OT that opened eyes with a very good Senior Bowl week

6a. QB/TE Logan Thomas - I'd take a shot with him here if he's on the board - he could be a gifted TE if he can't play QB.

6b. SS Vinnie Sunseri A coach-on-the-field safety. Bigger and more physical than Jim Leonhard and Steve Gregory but with a similar brain for the game.

7. TE Rashaun Allen - A no-name player on the rise after putting up very good numbers at his Pro day and showing good hands.
    Last edited by TKO; 05-07-2014 at 08:16 AM.

vCash
    Daquan Jones is not happening in 3rd round. If it did that would be a grand slam.

I love it when someone comes up with a player I never even considered and then I look at his resume and metrics and my mind is blown. Logan Thomas is one of those guys TKO. I had no idea he was the number # TE in high school and he looks the part. I think we would have to take him with one of our 4th rounders but that is a great find. A 4.56 at 248 pounds is scary.

Love the Sunseri pick just not sure if he has physical skills to compete in NFL but then again he competed in the SEC which is NFL SOuth.

Don't like the Mewhort pick because we have two great tackles unless he can move inside.

Pretty good mock TKO. I love being reminded of players I somehow overlooked.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rehone View Post
    Daquan Jones is not happening in 3rd round. If it did that would be a grand slam.

I love it when someone comes up with a player I never even considered and then I look at his resume and metrics and my mind is blown. Logan Thomas is one of those guys TKO. I had no idea he was the number # TE in high school and he looks the part. I think we would have to take him with one of our 4th rounders but that is a great find. A 4.56 at 248 pounds is scary.

Love the Sunseri pick just not sure if he has physical skills to compete in NFL but then again he competed in the SEC which is NFL SOuth.

Don't like the Mewhort pick because we have two great tackles unless he can move inside.

Pretty good mock TKO. I love being reminded of players I somehow overlooked.

Jones has been one of my binkys for months but I liked what I saw and read of Mewhort so I went with him in the 2nd but I'd be happy with either one. If it was a better year for TEs I'd pass on Thomas but he could be another Belichick conversion gem. I won't be surprised if someone takes him earlier with that in mind.

vCash
    getting warmer krafty. yea the Thomas pick is interesting if he can convert to TE, i havent considered him but now thinking about it he might be a sleeper steal. te class is kind of weak if we could find a gem late that would be huge. Lyerla might not even be on the pats board with the herandez thing, only other guy i really like is Leonard. i like the Thomas pick if the pats can convert edelman why not thomas?

tuitt i see more as a 34 player so im not high on him, but i like the pick better than the OT you had. mewhort i dunno, if you want to pick an olineman at 2nd why not a center like Richburg? were pretty set at guard and tackle in the short term but center needs an upgrade.

you deffinitly added some beef and youth to the lines with this mock. maybe not top priority imo but its still an upgrade. i still feel if were gunna take a wr its gunna be a stud in round one. your mocks are always a bit different and interesting krafty. cant wait for tomorrow to see what happens!

vCash
    I'm sorry but I dislike your draft layout. I'd be shocked if they didn't take the highest TE possible.. Did you not see the patriots lack of TE presence with gronk out? Even with Gronk in it hasnt been the same since they had Hernandez and Gronk both present on the field. I'd be shocked if they didn't grab a tight end like hernandez like Jace Amaro. Guess will find out tomorow!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by xamadeix View Post
    I'm sorry but I dislike your draft layout. I'd be shocked if they didn't take the highest TE possible.. Did you not see the patriots lack of TE presence with gronk out? Even with Gronk in it hasnt been the same since they had Hernandez and Gronk both present on the field. I'd be shocked if they didn't grab a tight end like hernandez like Jace Amaro. Guess will find out tomorow!
    There is only one can't miss guy in this class of TE's and he could be gone as early as #10 or might last until about #22 - Ebron.

The rest are all flawed or developmental or both - and none of them grade out as 1st rounders unless someone wants to reach for Amaro - but at #32 that team would be passing up on at least 10 if not 15 or 20 better players.

BB is not going to deform his board to reach for a player that doesn't grade out. The Pats have clear need at SS, DE, LB, RB, TE, and two of these 3 (OT, OG, C). BB isn't going to draft based on hope. I wouldn't be surprised if he took a TE in the first 3 rounds, or if he didn't. I would be shocked if he made no trades.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by briz almighty View Post
    getting warmer krafty. yea the Thomas pick is interesting if he can convert to TE, i havent considered him but now thinking about it he might be a sleeper steal. te class is kind of weak if we could find a gem late that would be huge. Lyerla might not even be on the pats board with the herandez thing, only other guy i really like is Leonard. i like the Thomas pick if the pats can convert edelman why not thomas?

tuitt i see more as a 34 player so im not high on him, but i like the pick better than the OT you had. mewhort i dunno, if you want to pick an olineman at 2nd why not a center like Richburg? were pretty set at guard and tackle in the short term but center needs an upgrade.

you deffinitly added some beef and youth to the lines with this mock. maybe not top priority imo but its still an upgrade. i still feel if were gunna take a wr its gunna be a stud in round one. your mocks are always a bit different and interesting krafty. cant wait for tomorrow to see what happens!

Saw the Ohio State vs Clemson replay on TV last night briz...deleting Mewhort due to bad feet and movement. I'm moving DaQuan Jones up to the 2nd and adjusting the mock a bit more.

1. DE/DT Tuitt
    2. DT DaQuan Jones
    3. WR Brandon Coleman
    4a. QB/TE Logan Thomas...willing to bet BB knows he can't play QB and will convert him
    4b. OT Michael Schofield
    6a. OLB/STs Kevin Pierre-Louis --- Speed kills and they could use some.
    6b. SS Vinnie Sunseri
    7. TE Rashaun Allen