Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

If melo stays, he would be one of the greatest knicks to ever where a ny jersey.

Carmelo anthony is an amazing talent.
    He has taken a lot of criticsisium over the last few years and has still battled through it all .
    Even though he was not able to lead his team to the playoffs this season,
    He still had the best individual season he has ever had.

He improved his game in all areas on the court.

If I'm not mistaken, he is the 1st player since shaq to average atleast 25pts and 8or 9 rbs in a season.
    He is becoming a willing passer.
    A beast on the boards.
    And still able to find ways to score.

Even after all he has been through this season, not once did we here him complain or say something negitive,
    He always has a smile on his face.

NY has got to be the toughest city to play in.
    The fans will not be afraid to get on you if you don't play with effort ,
    And the media will always find something wrong with you.

Melo understood this when he signed here.
    And he took it as a challenge ,
    He wants to be the man to help lead ny to its first ring in a very long time.
    He has been very patient with the organazation .

And if he decides to stay, than that will show that he is 100% committed to the knicks .

And in my book , one of the greatest players the knicks have ever seen.
    Right behind Walt and Ewing ,

And if he is able to win here,
    Than it will make him slide right past Ewing, almost tied with Walt for this generations greatest knick ever.

I would love to see him return,
    And I would love too see how much more his game can evolve playing with a quility pg that can run this team ,
    And a solid coach that can lead this team, along with Tyson who can carry this team, I think melo will be able to help will this team to victory .

A lot of people I speak to, don't see a light at the end of the knicks tunnel.

But for me, I think if melo stays , than we are right back in the mix of things.

With Phil here, he will change the culture of this team.

And whatever coach is implemented , along with Phil, will instill a system that will help the knicks play more as a team, and gain chemistry like we have yet to see.

That along with a solid pg to run this squad.

To me, that's all we need.

And we will be well on our way back to a top two team in the east.

And to you doubters out there,
    Just wait until next season when we are winning and you all are jumping back on the bandwagon saying , you see I told you we were fine.

No you didn't, you all were saying how we won't be good again for a few years.

But I'm telling you all, your wrong.

You just have to have faith.

Just like bkNYknicks said, how melo told someone when they asked him if he was staying?
    Melo replied

You already know !

It's takes a strong individual to stay here after the type of season that just happened,

And when he does resign,
    I will crown him king of ny .

Forget 2015-16
    I'm rooting for 2014-15

Lets go knicks !
    Lets go melo !

NY stand up !!

Knicks tape !!!!!!!!!!!

vCash
    wear*

& wrong Amare averaged 25 & 8 or 9 in his first year with the knicks

But if he does stay he should use the frustration of seeing how far they could've & should've gotten in the playoffs with this team & fuel it for next season.

vCash
    What is this? A poem?

vCash
    honestly if Felton, JR and Tyson get their **** together and play more like they did in 2012-2013 the knicks could be pretty good next year.

vCash
    He would definitely be up there.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JEDean89 View Post
    honestly if Felton, JR and Tyson get their **** together and play more like they did in 2012-2013 the knicks could be pretty good next year.
    Any team who's success is contingent on the performances of Raymond Felton and Jr smith are already set up to fail more times than not. I'm so glad PJax is here to clean up this mess.

vCash
    I just can't see 'Melo thriving in the triangle...

Teaching him to look for the open man first would be like trying to teach my dog to run backwards - she's just not built that way.

I would LOVE to see that happen, and I hope Phil can hypnotize Melo, and brainwash him out of his isolating, ball-stopping ways, but I am afraid that is what it would take to get him to change. Melo is a smooth shooter, and he has had to rely on that to carry teams in the past. However, I don't remember the last time a team won a championship on the back of one player, especially one who can draw defenders off of their man, but instead of passing the ball to the man left open, opting instead on an off-balance, desperation shot, that when it falls, draws a roar from the crowd, but most of the time brings groans and sighs.

I sure hope I eat those words in the seasons to come, but I doubt that will be the case.
    Last edited by Sigshane; 05-07-2014 at 06:51 AM. Reason: spelling

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzace137 View Post
    Any team who's success is contingent on the performances of Raymond Felton and Jr smith are already set up to fail more times than not. I'm so glad PJax is here to clean up this mess.
    'Words of wisdom, Lloyd. Words...of...WISDOM.' (Jack Nicholson in The Shining)

Those two are like another crowd favorite from the past, one John Starks. Not very consistent, but able to get the crowd on their feet on any night. Problem is, those nights are few and far between, and the rest are woeful.

Of all the point guards who see regular playing time, I must say that one of my least favorite is Norris Cole, but even he is more consistent than Felton.

Why can't the Knicks seem to find those players that, while not making the highlight reels every night, are very solid players, like Andre Iguodala, Lance Stephenson, David West, Mario Chalmers, etc. etc? We seem to get the unstable loose cannons, a la Metta World Peace, Jr Smith, and who can forget Latrell Sprewell?

We need some more Tim Hardaway Jrs, more Iman Shumperts, and less 'star' players who apparently blew their wad on their last team, like Bargnani, Amar'e, Tyson, and - you bet - 'Melo.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigshane View Post
    I just can't see 'Melo thriving in the triangle...

Teaching him to look for the open man first would be like trying to teach my dog to run backwards - she's just not built that way.
    Stopped reading right here because it sounds like you never bothered to actually watch Melo play in a Knicks uniform. He's a willing passer and swings it to the open man if he doesn't get the ball in a bail out situation. The problem is, especially last season, we didn't have people who can hit shots more than once in a blue.

Not only that, but both Kobe and Jordan put up over 23 shots per game in the triangle as the focal point while managing to generate 5 assists. There really isn't any reason to suggest that Melo couldn't do the same.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KnickFanSince91 View Post
    Stopped reading right here...
    You must've stopped reading long before that, because I specifically stated "look for the open man first.

How many of our possessions, particularly those with Melo in the game, have been something other than player X finds Melo, then Melo does the whole step-fake thing a couple of times, then he jumps and fires, with at least 10 seconds left on the shot clock?? Too many.

vCash
    You must've stopped reading long before that, because I specifically stated "look for the open man first.

How many of our possessions, particularly those with Melo in the game, have been something other than player X finds Melo, then Melo does the whole step-fake thing a couple of times, then he jumps and fires, with at least 10 seconds left on the shot clock?? Too many.
    Sounds like Player Y was doing exactly what X Coach told them to do...those are system issues, not player issues.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzace137 View Post
    I personally don't think Jr and Felton are needed for us to be good next season. With Phil installing a system shump and Tim will fill in for what Jr does and our young players will finally be developed for once. Also, when it comes to Felton anybody we pick up would more than likely do better then him because the bar isn't that high.

vCash
    'Words of wisdom, Lloyd. Words...of...WISDOM.' (Jack Nicholson in The Shining)

Those two are like another crowd favorite from the past, one John Starks. Not very consistent, but able to get the crowd on their feet on any night. Problem is, those nights are few and far between, and the rest are woeful.

Of all the point guards who see regular playing time, I must say that one of my least favorite is Norris Cole, but even he is more consistent than Felton.

Why can't the Knicks seem to find those players that, while not making the highlight reels every night, are very solid players, like Andre Iguodala, Lance Stephenson, David West, Mario Chalmers, etc. etc? We seem to get the unstable loose cannons, a la Metta World Peace, Jr Smith, and who can forget Latrell Sprewell?

We need some more Tim Hardaway Jrs, more Iman Shumperts, and less 'star' players who apparently blew their wad on their last team, like Bargnani, Amar'e, Tyson, and - you bet - 'Melo.
    Thank you! I thought I was one of the only Knicks fan that could care less about Starks. Further-more, I don't get love affair with him because whenever we really needed him nine times out ten he was nowhere to be found.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYKINFL View Post
    I personally don't think Jr and Felton are needed for us to be good next season. With Phil installing a system shump and Tim will fill in for what Jr does and our young players will finally be developed for once. Also, when it comes to Felton anybody we pick up would more than likely do better then him because the bar isn't that high.
    I completely agree everybody keeps bringing up lowry and rondo but in all reality we could get a pg for vet min and he'd be better than fat boy and lucky for us we have our 3 mill to use players like Livingston mo will would do heck even farmar who might come for vet min would be huge upgrades melo needs a lights out shooter at the pg position to be great but Livingston would do fine because he's a lock down defender

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86 View Post
    Jared Dudley>>>>>>Melo.

vCash
    ^^^Mo Williams? Pass, he can hit a couple of open shots, that's it, can't drive or play defense. Only a slight upgrade over Prigs who does the same things actually Prigs is better at setting up players.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast