Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who do you want as the new HC?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mike D'Antoni

1 6.25%
  • Stan Van Gundy

3 18.75%
  • Steve Kerr

4 25.00%
  • Nate McMillan

0 0%
  • Kevin Ollie

0 0%
  • Alvin Gentry

1 6.25%
  • Mike Dunleavy sr

0 0%
  • Other

7 43.75%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Head Coach Search Thread

Not sure if a poll can be merged with the current thread? Anyway, by a show of hands (or votes in this case) out of the people currently rumoured to be looking at the job (or being looked at for the job) Who would you rather have and WHY?

Rumours, up to date at the time of this post are;

D'Antoni is the front runner for the job followed by SVG and Dunleavy.

Kerr is interested but hesitant (comfort of working closer to home vs working with PJ).

Nate McMillan, and Kevin Ollie also legitimate options.

Meyers has reportedly been overheard discussing Alvin Gentry (via random twitter source, probably garbage).
    Last edited by Goose17; 05-06-2014 at 06:15 PM.

vCash
    Nobody? Seriously? You were all quick to call for Jackson to be fired but none of you have the balls to suggest who should take over? Come on ladies, pull your skirt up and contribute.

vCash
    BCA. I'd go with Hollins or Stan

she says go for the championship

vCash
    Kerr

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS
    "From the stomach at birth, till I'm under the earth."

#DUBSUP

vCash
    I don't understand the Kerr pick

she says go for the championship

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by COOLbeans View Post
    I don't understand the Kerr pick
    You of all people should be all over signing a coach with no experience- and just expecting him to immediately do better than the guy before him.

(I should note that I probably would not go with steve kerr as a head coach- but he could be a scott brooks type coach)

Keep in mind that when keith smart coached the team- the warriors were 36-46. Jacksons first year with the team- the record was 23-43 (a clear decline in winning percentage with much of the exact same roster and jackson got to add klay thompson though)

Im wondering if the new coach wins less than jackson- if those same people supporting jackson will get mad if the new coach decides to tank next yr
    A role model if I ever knew one

vCash
    Kerr is a pure shooter. Him coaching our backcourt is intriguing. Will also utilize Bogut. I bet he understands the importance of going hard in the paint

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS

#DUBSUP

vCash

vCash
    Can someone explain the Kerr pick. I like the guy but... we just signed a former player turned analyst with no coaching experience and he took us to consecutive playoffs. Now we fire him for... a former player turned analyst with no coaching experience.

What are we doing? Even if he does turn out to be a better coach which he might well do, how on earth can you justify firing a guy to replace him with essentially himself just three years earlier. Lol.

I like Kerr I just don't know why you would take that risk.

Coolbeans why SVG? What is it about him that you like? What part of his game do you think he could apply here to help improve on last year?

vCash
    Of the names floating around, I think SVG or MDA make the most sense.

Both are capable of running prolific offenses that would be centered around this teams best player. Both are experienced NBA head coaches.

There is a lot of negativity surrounding MDA, and I'm not sure the vets would buy-in with him. I also know that he doesn't put a ton of emphasis on the defensive end, but with guys like Iguodala & Thompson...it's not like they're going to forget how to play defense.

Overall, I think Van Gundy is the better fit, and if be happy with him as a replacement.

I'd also be a big fan of the Warriors being able to get Tom Thibodeau out of Chicago.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    You of all people should be all over signing a coach with no experience- and just expecting him to immediately do better than the guy before him.

(I should note that I probably would not go with steve kerr as a head coach- but he could be a scott brooks type coach)

Keep in mind that when keith smart coached the team- the warriors were 36-46. Jacksons first year with the team- the record was 23-43 (a clear decline in winning percentage with much of the exact same roster and jackson got to add klay thompson though)

Im wondering if the new coach wins less than jackson- if those same people supporting jackson will get mad if the new coach decides to tank next yr
    Lol I compare Jackson to the last twenty years and you go off on how it's not fair to compare.

Then you go and compare Smarts last season with a healthy Ellis and healthy Curry to the forst season of Jackson where the season was shortened, Ellis barely played and Curry managed about 20 games. Smh.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goose17 View Post
    Can someone explain the Kerr pick. I like the guy but... we just signed a former player turned analyst with no coaching experience and he took us to consecutive playoffs. Now we fire him for... a former player turned analyst with no coaching experience.

What are we doing? Even if he does turn out to be a better coach which he might well do, how on earth can you justify firing a guy to replace him with essentially himself just three years earlier. Lol.

I like Kerr I just don't know why you would take that risk.

Coolbeans why SVG? What is it about him that you like? What part of his game do you think he could apply here to help improve on last year?
    I don't get the Steve Kerr deal either, seems like a lateral move, when in reality it's not because the players loved Jackson.

vCash
    Kerr was GM so he has a leg up. I thought Jackson was a decent coach, but he didn't get the most out of our players. 51 wins is great, but we could have had more. 51 wins despite Jackson, not because of.

Not to take away from what he did, but replacing him with D'antoni is nuts. He will run our starters into the ground.

And who knows, Kerr might turn out great.

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS

#DUBSUP

vCash
    I voted Other. How about anyone that is not allergic to a clipboard?
    OK, joking a side, I prefer JVG. Thibs is all D and a harsh coach, but his guys seem to play hard for him. So at this point don't know yet. My major concern now is what have Jackson done to the W's main guys. They're used to the lax atmosphere, a new coach with a stricter regiment might create some rebellions. Just hope that is not the case.

vCash
    Kerr doesn't make any sense to me but the only thing I could think is they like what his philosophy is on basketball more than Jackson.

SVG would be an upgrade in my book but I don't think he can get us over the top and would have been fine with Jackson for another year over that.

Mikey no d... Is a big no no. I'd love him as an assiant coach run the offense just not the head coach. Could have brought him in under Jackson or with SVG.

I want JVG or Thibs. Think both will be exactly what this team needs but for different reasons.

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast