Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Is the Golden State Warriors franchise becoming Corrupt?

After the firing of Mark Jackson, the whole Scalabrine thing, the Jerry West not allowed at practices and team events rumors, and the Herman assistant coach audio recordings, are the Warriors, ownership, front office executives and franchise as a whole corrupt?

There are many that are saying that one of the main reasons Mark Jackson was let go was because he was 'too spiritual' and religious. He adopted that Phil Jackson good aura type of approach with these group of young guys for 3 yrs. however, we all know that whole zen aura spiritual approach is frowned upon (see Jim buss and Phil Jackson).

It's like the Warriors FO don't want a figure that may bring his own personal spirituality in aiding the team and franchise's growth. That jealousy and unprofessionalism and narrow-minded ness creates a real bad stigma on a franchise.

vCash

Is the Golden State Warriors franchise becoming Corrupt?

Not sure what you're trying to convey really. I don't think corrupt is the right word here.

vCash
    This post is full of randon thoughts, from PJ's Zen and Jackson's religion.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibby23 View Post
    This post is full of randon thoughts, from PJ's Zen and Jackson's religion.
    It's the organization's way of thinking. Was making a parallel with the corruptness of Lakers FO.

vCash
    I feel he was fired because the front office doesn't like him. Which is what I take issue with.

He wasn't fired because of a lack of coaching ability, he wasn't fired because the players didn't get on with him. He was fired because Lacob doesn't like him, plain and simple.

You don't have to like all of your employees you just have to respect them. You should do what is best for the team, even if you don't like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Bird
    It doesn't matter who scores the points, it's who can get the ball to the scorer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Jordan
    Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by P&GRealist View Post
    It's the organization's way of thinking. Was making a parallel with the corruptness of Lakers FO.
    corruptness? Lol... The Lakers kept him around as long as they could but he wanted too much power. Its like owning a business and an employee wants to own some of it or make managment decisions. Jerry wasn't going to give up a piece of what he worked haed to build.

vCash
    After the firing of Mark Jackson, the whole Scalabrine thing, the Jerry West not allowed at practices and team events rumors, and the Herman assistant coach audio recordings, are the Warriors, ownership, front office executives and franchise as a whole corrupt?

There are many that are saying that one of the main reasons Mark Jackson was let go was because he was 'too spiritual' and religious. He adopted that Phil Jackson good aura type of approach with these group of young guys for 3 yrs. however, we all know that whole zen aura spiritual approach is frowned upon (see Jim buss and Phil Jackson).

It's like the Warriors FO don't want a figure that may bring his own personal spirituality in aiding the team and franchise's growth. That jealousy and unprofessionalism and narrow-minded ness creates a real bad stigma on a franchise.

First off this is way too random, if the thing with Jerry West being at team events and practices, share the article, because I remember PJ not allowing Jerry West in the locker room, but have not heard of this in Golden state. Also Phil's Zen approach has nothing to do with Phil not coaching the Lakers, Phil wanted control and the Buss Children promised they would not give Phil that control, so what are you talking about, if this is the case share your refrences.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by L8kers4life View Post
    First off this is way too random, if the thing with Jerry West being at team events and practices, share the article, because I remember PJ not allowing Jerry West in the locker room, but have not heard of this in Golden state.
    Yeah (Mark) Jackson asked him to stop attending practices. Just google it, article should be less than a week old.
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Bird
    It doesn't matter who scores the points, it's who can get the ball to the scorer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Jordan
    Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships.

vCash
    You guys are not getting.

This is the case of the coach becoming a larger figure than the organization. The city, fans and players loved Mark in GS, much like Phil in LA. It's these proud egotistical owners like the Jimbaco and Lacobs of the world that refuse to be second fiddle to the coach of the team. They want to be the reason the team has success with a certain culture, not the coach.

It's a case of ownership inferiority complex.

vCash
    You guys are not getting.

This is the case of the coach becoming a larger figure than the organization. The city, fans and players loved Mark in GS, much like Phil in LA. It's these proud egotistical owners like the Jimbaco and Lacobs of the world that refuse to be second fiddle to the coach of the team. They want to be the reason the team has success with a certain culture, not the coach.

It's a case of ownership inferiority complex.
    But all your facts are wrong. The Lakers took a back seat and paid Phil 10 to 12 million a year (Look up the highest paid coach now). He wanted a bigger role, he wanted to call more shots and a hand in running the team. He wanted to trade Kobe for Marion back in the day, but the Lakers didn't. They put up with him and he was old and burnt out by the time we lost to Dallas. Howard didn't leave because we didn't have Phil, he left because we had Kobe.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lincecum=future View Post
    Not sure what you're trying to convey really. I don't think corrupt is the right word here.
    My thoughts exactly. Dysfunctional seems like a better word to use.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibby23 View Post
    But all your facts are wrong. The Lakers took a back seat and paid Phil 10 to 12 million a year (Look up the highest paid coach now). He wanted a bigger role, he wanted to call more shots and a hand in running the team. He wanted to trade Kobe for Marion back in the day, but the Lakers didn't. They put up with him and he was old and burnt out by the time we lost to Dallas. Howard didn't leave because we didn't have Phil, he left because we had Kobe.
    Dr. buss was the one paying Phil. Once Buss got sick and hospitalized, it went all downhill from there when Jimbo took over.

I can understand if you're a delusional Jimbo supporter. It's okay.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    My thoughts exactly. Dysfunctional seems like a better word to use.
    Ok, dysfunctional.

vCash
    Dr. buss was the one paying Phil. Once Buss got sick and hospitalized, it went all downhill from there when Jimbo took over.

I can understand if you're a delusional Jimbo supporter. It's okay.
    Dr. Buss made the call not to hire Phil after they fired Mike Brown. Dr. Buss also didn't want Phil in the front office or have anything to do with running the Lakers. I see you don't know much about the Lakers but you write down small things you remember and try to make sense of it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goose17 View Post
    Yeah (Mark) Jackson asked him to stop attending practices. Just google it, article should be less than a week old.
    Thanks I was not aware he did that.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast