Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Bring up the kids!!!!

I'm sick watching this bullpen give away games bring up Montero & Snyderguard put Montero & Mejia in the bull pen they are ready. Please stop worrying about a extra free year of free agency with these player by waiting until June. Give us Met fans a chance to watch a real team. I don't want to hear these kids need more time , it only a money factor and a team with a 86 mil team salary playing in NY should be ashame . Give the fans a bone!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by playD View Post
    I'm sick watching this bullpen give away games bring up Montero & Snyderguard put Montero & Mejia in the bull pen they are ready. Please stop worrying about a extra free year of free agency with these player by waiting until June. Give us Met fans a chance to watch a real team. I don't want to hear these kids need more time , it only a money factor and a team with a 86 mil team salary playing in NY should be ashame . Give the fans a bone!!!
    Wait, what? You want a bone?

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by playD View Post
    Who is to say they do not need more time? Nonetheless it's best to err on the side of caution.
    John Maeda@johnmaeda

Knowing the overall *shape* of an idea, argument, situation requires as many facts, models, opinions as you can take/make to see a whole.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Magoo View Post
    Wait, what? You want a bone?
    Give the dog a bone. This old man came rolling home?

What?

Maybe he'd POASP?
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    Where do you put these kids to be honest? Flores will only come up if he can prove he can handle SS. Right now he hasn't. Tovar makes some sense to come up imo actually.

As for DeGrom and Montero, yeah putting them in the pen would help but only Montero has previous bullpen experience in the minors and that consists of only 5 appearances where he came into a game as a reliever.

And if you are going to include all 3 of Syndergaard, Montero, and DeGrom in the ML rotation who do you replace? Don't worry about the kids so much. The Mets have to make a decision on which SP they are going to trade to bring in a SS over the next couple of months and upgrading LF for next year (as I don't see CY coming back).
    Last edited by metswon69; 05-07-2014 at 03:42 AM.

vCash
    http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...icle-1.1782295

Speaking of those young Mets arms, Kristie Ackert of the New York Daily News writes that several pitching prospects are expected to filter up to the big league roster sooner rather than later. Assistant GM John Ricco says that the team is “getting to the point where it’s probably weeks as opposed to months.” Ricco emphasized that the team was taking the long view, even as the bullpen struggles. “We want to make sure when they come up here they are going to actually help,” he said. “The bigger factor is their development. They will be ready to come up here when they have done everything they needed to do down there.” Rafael Montero and Jacob deGrom appear to be closest to making the leap from the Mets minor league ranks, according to the report.

vCash
    The fans can wait two weeks. We'll have all season to watch the young arms struggle to adapt to MLB. What's the hurry? Can't we at least pretend to contend for a month or two first?