Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

CP3 With The Greatest Offensive Game Of All Time Per Possession

http://m.newsok.com/oklahoma-city-th...rticle/4746665

It was tallied at 2 points per possession. Look at the other listed all time great scoring games. Paul is also the only player to have this statistical game period was Jordan once in 1991 and it wasn't in less than 30 minutes. That was a game for the ages. Best of his career.

vCash
    He went beast mode last night

RUDY

vCash
    There are so many individual stat/accolades/first player in nba history to do this that/one of 4 nba players to this and that/etc in the game right now. So individualistic.

Basketball is a team game goodness have we forgotten that? What stat is next lemme guess- x is the only player in nba history to have slept with another player's momma?

vCash
    in the big scheme of things, its just one game to a 7 game series - its not even game 7 or series clinching game. noone will remotely remember this by next week / let alone next year.

but yes, good for CP. he played amazing last night and helped his team get the win.

vCash
    Hahaha he has his greatest individual performance of all time and everyone just downplays it. Nice!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cmellofan15 View Post
    Hahaha he has his greatest individual performance of all time and everyone just downplays it. Nice!
    Eh wouldn't go that far. Not sure I'd even say it's the greatest individual offensive performance. For a point guard it probably is (not counting the freaks like Big O and Magic and Lebron who are points but also triple-double threats and high usage offensive players), but PPS is a bad way to evaluate high usage players.

CP3 is amazing because he rarely takes bad shots. Occasionally that means he has an absurd game like this where he misses only 2 FGs. MJ would never dream of taking only 14 FG attempts in a playoff game.

vCash
    Flea even if it's just the best for a PG, its a classic worth discussing. I'm not even a CP3 homer, but give the man his props. It was a CLASSIC game.

vCash
    Its funny because hes been playing rather pedestrian by his standards so I was expecting a return to the mean at some point, I just didn't expect it to happen like this (His efficiency on average is pretty much now back to CP3 levels after this game). Not sure how I feel on this, on one hand, its great to have a historic performance to guarantee victory, but you kind of rather see him return to normalcy one game at a time because such overkill only counts for 1 win. Maybe Im being too paranoid/analytical, but I wouldn't be surprised if CP3 has a 4/13 game at some point this series after this game. Heres hoping last night was just a sign of CP3 getting healthier or zoned in.
    Yo Kobe, get at me bro, we'd have a good time, man

vCash
    Couldn't care less about this stat.

With that said, he lit OKC up. Game was over in the first quarter. He was ridiculous.

vCash
    Chronz great points. Thing is it also is going to force OKC to adjust. Once they lock in on CP3 more, I think Blake and DJ can get going and CP3 can just orchestrate. Like they said on First Take today, it was the perfect ambush. OKC was not expecting CP3 to go off.

I've been thinking CP3 was "pedestrian by his standards" for quite a while. He finally listened to Doc and dominated OFF the ball. The days of over dribbling 20 seconds of the shotclock away have to be over. We have too many weapons and are at our best when swinging the ball Spurs style.

vCash
    Fantastic game by Chris Paul last night, it was great to watch.

vCash
    http://bkref.com/tiny/v4nGA
    Radmanovic 2.14
    http://bkref.com/tiny/9cGrV
    Thunder Dan 2.36

Unless my crappy math skills misunderstood this crazy stat.
    Last edited by Rentzias; 05-06-2014 at 12:56 PM.
    Jerry West or Larry Bird? The discussion is over.
    http://www.basketball-reference.com/.../birdje01.html

Part of the GOAT team: Chamberlain, Bird, Duncan, Durrant, Ewing, Gervin.
    http://bkref.com/tiny/JIHaF

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cmellofan15 View Post
    There's a lot more that goes into it than a single offensive only heavily team influenced stat. You are saying that his 10 assists and 2 turnovers a 5:1 rate was a negative here? I thought his passing was a part of what made his game better last night.

Lets say Paul had that same exact game, but played 3 more minutes. And lets say in those three minutes he got Westbrook to foul him 6 times, and made 11 of 12 free throws, and Westbrook was on the bench due to that almost the entire game. That makes Chris Pauls game WORSE? According to that stat, we just added a negative to his play with that.

Lets say the game was close, tied with 10 seconds left, and he gets a steal off Thabo, races down, gets fouled at the buzzer and hits 1 of 2 free throws to win the game. Sorry CP3, you just had a bad final 10 seconds there, it would have been better if you let Thabo hit the game winning shot...

Or lets say CP3 misses one more of those three's, but instead grabs 50 rebounds. Now he just had a worse game

Lets say CP3 was on Durant all game, held him to 0 points and 32 turnovers, but in the process had his toe on the line for one of those three's... Worse performance.

Lets say CP3 had blocked every single shot the thunder took, and had 60 assists, but one more turnover in a 200-0 game. Sorry, but according to your stat, his performance wasn't as good.

He had an amazing game. Sure. Best individual performance ever was him outscoring his counterpart by 3 points?

If Hasheem Thabeet comes in in the final 30 seconds hits a three and gets fouled and makes that shot, your argument is now that his best was only half as good as Hasheem, though he did it for longer on the court.

What about Pettit stopping a Celtic Dynasty mid run with 50 against Russells celtics in the finals? Magic as a rookie in game 6 of the Finals. Elgin Baylors 61-22 in the finals. Jordans 63 vs. the Celtics, Millers 25 in the 4th vs. the Knicks?

There's a million different stats that look at different things. Last year Lebron was the first player ever to have a triple double and game winner in the playoffs. And he did that in the Finals. Why is this offensive team oriented stat more important than that one?

Not saying his game wasn't one for the ages, but that's a pretty narrow view there.
    Last edited by slashsnake; 05-06-2014 at 01:04 PM.

vCash
    Dirk's 48 point game in the WCF were he was 12/15 and 24/24 comes to mind.

vCash
    These playoffs have been great so far. That was another instance of a classic playoff moment in history and was one of cp3s better games of his career.
    My Ignore list: Naps, bucketss, iknowhoops....

2014 Adopt a Packer
    Randall Cobb

Receptions:
    Yards:
    Tds:

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast