Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Rivera slams Cano.....

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-bi...053522331.html

Oh the beauty of this............................

And so, a new era begins.....

vCash
    Wouldn't really call that a slam, he just told it like it is
    And I will be buying his book

I meese you Señor Rodriguez

vCash
    Sauron.....I love u......but ur pulling an EsPN here!

Blowing up a simple statement.

Of course, he's right...
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

ESPN Reporting CC Rehab Going Well.

vCash
    He's wrong. Cano put up some of the greatest seasons for a second baseman with the Yankees. He performed at a much higher level that Pedroia, and the created runs and win value back that. He wouldn't have had as many save opportunities it not for the performance of Cano; and to say he rather have Pedroia backing him up is just making him grossly misvalue the game.

Rivera is just perpetuating the misconception that unless you are running into the stands to catch a pop up, you have no fire.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Wouldn't really call that a slam, he just told it like it is
    And I will be buying his book
    Coming from the normally very reserved and company guy Rivera, I think it carries some weight. If Swisher had said it, I agree that I'd probably just blow it off.

Quote Originally Posted by LeoYankee View Post
    Sauron.....I love u......but ur pulling an EsPN here!

Blowing up a simple statement.

Of course, he's right...
    In fairness, he does say he loves the guy personally but I took it professionally as a diss. At the heart of it, it kind of goes to professional values, work ethic, and base laziness.

Maybe I should've said 'disses' instead of 'slams' in the thread header.
    Last edited by sauronthepower; 05-06-2014 at 12:00 PM.

And so, a new era begins.....

vCash
    Since coming up in 2005 Robinson Cano has been one of the best Second Baseman in all of baseball. Overall, Pedroia is actually slightly better if you set your sights on 2005-2013.

Then again in the last three years no other 2B has come close to touching Cano's offensive production, nor his consistently high level of play.

Personally, I would take Cano over Pedroia, and I would dispute the notion that a man who has averaged 152 games a year for nearly a decade of consistently BEST IN BASEBALL talent lacks the drive.

Some people are so good they make it look effortless.

Robinson Cano is one.

Mariano Rivera was another.

vCash
    Ouch

Agree or disagree that is Mariano's opinion

1 game to win and he would choose Pedroia....thats gotta mess with Cano's head!

vCash
    Mo nails it. Cano is more talented, but Pedroia plays with far more enthusiasm. If I had to choose between them, I'd take Pedroia any day of the week, even though stat for stat, Cano is probably the better player.
    <a href=http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/2/29/Ichiro_Suzuki_on_August_1%2C_2012.jpg/240px-Ichiro_Suzuki_on_August_1%2C_2012.jpg target=_blank>http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi..._1%2C_2012.jpg</a>

BA: .269 HR: ONE! RBI: 14 SB: 6 AGE: 40

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by theslick1 View Post
    Mo nails it. Cano is more talented, but Pedroia plays with far more enthusiasm. If I had to choose between them, I'd take Pedroia any day of the week, even though stat for stat, Cano is probably the better player.
    Exactly, Slick! There is no question that Cano's stats and talent are the best, but important games are won when you add fire to that talent. It's contagious to the team.

vCash
    It's easy to see that Pedroia goes all out on every play and looks like a little squirrel out there. On the other hand Cano does not hustle to 1B which is the biggest complain against him. However I think that Cano's lack of hustle is carried a bit too far and fans knock him on other parts of his game.

I have seen fans knock him for looking lazy in the field but the guy has such a powerful arm and can be so smooth out there that it looks so easy at times. His swing looks so effortless and smooth that is looks like he is barely trying at the plate. Basically Cano made the game look easy because of how talented he is.

In the early part of their Career's Pedroia was the better player but Cano has surpassed him over the last 4-5 seasons.

Mo might be saying what he really feels or he might be sticking up for his team because Cano walked away. He walked away form being part of what Mo has and being a life long Yankee.

I take Cano simply because I believe he is the better player.

Masahiro Tanaka

11-1| 99.2 IP| 10.20 K/9| 1.44 BB/9| 0.90 HR/9| 1.99 ERA| 2.70 FIP| 2.32 xFIP| 2.9 fWAR

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by theslick1 View Post
    So, in summary, stats don't exactly measure the player you want in real life.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LeoYankee View Post
    So, in summary, stats don't exactly measure the player you want in real life.
    There's definitely an intangible factor there. Jeter has (or had) it. Pedroia has it. Guys like Cano and Gary Sheffield, despite great stats, don't.
    <a href=http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/2/29/Ichiro_Suzuki_on_August_1%2C_2012.jpg/240px-Ichiro_Suzuki_on_August_1%2C_2012.jpg target=_blank>http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi..._1%2C_2012.jpg</a>

BA: .269 HR: ONE! RBI: 14 SB: 6 AGE: 40

vCash
    Personally, I have never understood how another player's leadership quality makes it any easier for you to drive in that game-winning run.

Would the Yankees have won last-night's game had someone on the team played "harder" and inspired the team?

I don't think so…

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceHawk-181 View Post
    Personally, I have never understood how another player's leadership quality makes it any easier for you to drive in that game-winning run.

Would the Yankees have won last-night's game had someone on the team played "harder" and inspired the team?

I don't think so…
    It's a form of choking, which can't be measured. It's why Jeter bats the same in the playoffs and chokers like Arod and swisher and even bob flounder.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    vCash
    This made me smile. Mo just told it like it is.

Welcome back dinner for Leo. We are waiting patiently. Hurry the F up! These babies don't taste as good cold.

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast