Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who do the Titans select at No. 11?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • QB Blake Bortles

1 12.50%
  • QB Teddy Bridgewater

0 0%
  • QB Derek Carr

0 0%
  • OT Taylor Lewan

0 0%
  • OT Zack Martin

0 0%
  • CB Darqueze Dennard

1 12.50%
  • CB Justin Gilbert

1 12.50%
  • S Ha Ha Clinton-Dix

0 0%
  • MLB CJ Mosley

0 0%
  • OLB Anthony Barr

1 12.50%
  • Other

0 0%
  • They'll trade out of the pick

4 50.00%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Who will the Titans select at 11?

With only a couple of days left until the Titans make their first round pick, it's time to finally start making some predictions. The poll includes as many feasible first round selections as I could think of. Although I took out certain guys that shouldn't likely be there at pick 11, including Manziel, Clowney, Mack, Robinson and Matthews. I also ruled out WR.

So, with all that being said, who are the Titans taking at 11?

vCash
    Went with Bortles, personally think he is going to be the best player in the draft, if he isnt there it should be Barr
    Philadelphia 76ers 2000-2001 Sim League Champion

vCash
    MBT

The guys in the Rocketīs forum are looking for you, and concerning this thread I would like they trade the pick and move down, only if they can get a late 1st and a 2nd round in return wich I doubt because is a lot of talent in this draft, but anyways I would pick Barr if we keep No. 11.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by killthesux View Post
    Went with Bortles, personally think he is going to be the best player in the draft, if he isnt there it should be Barr
    It's been leaked out that we have "a very good grade" on Bortles and Minnesota doesn't seem to be looking for a signal caller anymore. It would shock me if we passed on Bortles but who knows.

I wouldn't be upset with Bortles but how would we feel with Bortles/Jeremy Hill to start the draft?
    Last edited by WVA_Titan; 05-06-2014 at 05:25 PM.

vCash
    Id be freaking happy if we got Bortles, but in the 2nd i think we need to grab a pass rusher or some secondary help
    Philadelphia 76ers 2000-2001 Sim League Champion

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by killthesux View Post
    Id be freaking happy if we got Bortles, but in the 2nd i think we need to grab a pass rusher or some secondary help
    I wouldn't mind Hill. I've heard several scouts consider him a 20 carry workhorse. He could pair with Greene to form a physical ground game this season. Yes we may have other needs but RB ranks among the top and overrides any secondary position when a talent like Hill is there and we have no legitimate workhorse on the team. I don't believe Hill would ever be asked to be a workhorse because I believe Whiz will implement a committee with 2-3 backs.

vCash
    It really depends on who is available. If Bortles is there, I think he'll be the pick. If not, I'm thinking they try to trade back.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by myestro4life View Post
    It really depends on who is available. If Bortles is there, I think he'll be the pick. If not, I'm thinking they try to trade back.
    If Bortles is the pick, I wonder if we will look to deal Locker during the draft for a draft pick.

vCash
    I said trade back because ultimately I think that is plan A. Could just stay for BPA but I think the Titans will do anything to move back and grab a few picks. If they do maybe a Shazier is in play at LB? I havent been this excited since we picked Vince in 06 lol.
    Psalms 118:6 - The LORD is on my side; I will not fear: what can man do unto me?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by McFlurry View Post
    I said trade back because ultimately I think that is plan A. Could just stay for BPA but I think the Titans will do anything to move back and grab a few picks. If they do maybe a Shazier is in play at LB? I havent been this excited since we picked Vince in 06 lol.
    With the recent reports indicating a potential Bortles fall, I just can not see Whiz passing on a QB like Bortles to begin his regime in Nashville. Whiz's downfall in the desert was due to a lack of production at the quarterback position and while I'm not confident enough in Bortles to shout his praise I do believe he has the best shot at becoming a Pro Bowl player in terms of QBs and this league is a QB driven league. Some will point towards waiting later due to just how deep this draft is at QB but this is a deep draft across the board so if we can walk away with Bortles in the first then potentially Jeremy Hill or an edge rusher, I'm okay with that plan.

vCash
    I have a very strong feeling that they are gonna trade back and get a quarterback in either round 1 or 2.

They said the other day that fans shouldn't necessarily expect them to get a guy to play right away. That they feel good at every position short-term so they might draft guys who are longer-term prospects to sit and learn on the bench. That specifically made me think of them taking a quarterback to sit this year behind Locker.

vCash
    I can definitely see the trade back but if we stay at 11, I voted Barr..Have a feeling we'll be surprised though, like Bortles or Bridgewater.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KnocOnYoBloc View Post
    I can definitely see the trade back but if we stay at 11, I voted Barr..Have a feeling we'll be surprised though, like Bortles or Bridgewater.
    I wouldn't be surprised. I'm expecting them to get Bortles or Carr. I won't be thrilled about it either

vCash
    I voted Gilbert, and I think there's a very good chance that first pick will be he or Dennard. I honestly think if they take a QB at 11, they'll be reaching. Manziel will almost certainly be gone, and Bortles is unlikely to slip to them as well. Barr or Mosley also would not be surprising picks, although I think 11 is also pretty early for both of them to come off the board. If the Titans want to go BPA and take the guys with the right value, it should be Gilbert, Dennard or one of those OTs. If they're looking to address need first, it will be one of those other guys.

I also think trading back is the way to go, but I think it's still pretty unlikely to happen, as I can't imagine there will be that many teams interested in trading up into that spot unless somebody falls.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcityroller View Post
    I have a very strong feeling that they are gonna trade back and get a quarterback in either round 1 or 2.

They said the other day that fans shouldn't necessarily expect them to get a guy to play right away. That they feel good at every position short-term so they might draft guys who are longer-term prospects to sit and learn on the bench. That specifically made me think of them taking a quarterback to sit this year behind Locker.
    That could include OT also. Roos isn't getting any younger, and if they're just taking the best available, regardless of whether he'll play or not, then picking up a future OT could also be a possibility.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast