Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Is Mahinmi the Worst Pacer of All-Time?

I think yes! Maybe he's better than players like Solomon Jones or Kyrylo Fesenko... But in a list of Pacers who gets more than 15 minutes per game, Mahinmi must be the worst one!

I can't stand him anymore. And I can't stand Frank Vogel too. How much longer do we have to watch this garbage? Give his minutes to Copeland, Scola or Allen you idiot!

vCash
    Is he worse than Hibbert?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thaShady View Post
    Is he worse than Hibbert?
    Overall Yes...but we know what we are getting from him. Vogel hasn't utilized either correctly or I guess well in quite a while and I don't think either is anywhere near worst pacer ever....even though he was a coach I reserve that title for JOB.

Roy and Ian are both post players on offense and neither is going to be able to hit a jump shot consistently outside the paint and neither should be on the floor when we are running nothing but ISO and pick and roll heavy offenses, as they will clog the lane and not provide anything off a pick other than a cut opportunity which should be guarded every time since they don't have to respect the jumper from them.

On defense if we are having opposing guards blow by our guards or are getting past them off a pick, we need to run more of a zone style or the west switch we saw last game to maximize their paint presence. We need to minimize both Roy and Ian trying to run out to cover an elbow jumper and keep them in (or as close as we can to) the lane on D to limit the penetration and make them think twice before entering the lane.
    Last edited by matthollabak; 05-09-2014 at 10:34 AM.

vCash
    Game 5 showed us: This team is better without Mahinmi!
    Now we have chance for the Finals...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Knick Killer View Post
    Game 5 showed us: This team is better without Mahinmi!
    Now we have chance for the Finals...
    If that is the case then the Pacers are better off without Hill, George, Hibbert, and Stephenson too. Hill has been as inconsistent as anyone. George has shown to be a chucker; shooting lots of threes for a very low percentage. Hibbert has had less 10 points and 5 rebounds in three of the five games against the Heat. Stephenson had zero points entering the fourth in game four, been nonexistent in every game except game two and five.

Mahinmi only played 12 seconds in game five and only averaging 13 minutes per game in the playoffs; less than five against the Heat. You're cherry picking to make a point when there's been other players that have been vastly under-performing.

vCash
    Sam Young is the worst Pacer of all-time. Ian has his moments and is what he is. He's a backup center and if he were a free agent, somebody would sign him. Sam Young was TERRIBLE. He got a reputation as a "defensive stopper" because he couldn't do anything on offense and had to be on an NBA roster for something, right? Wrong. Out of the league now after he was getting minutes in the ECF against Miami last year.