Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Yankee Rotation: Start Aceves and Phelps, NUNO can go to pen.

I'm going to make a bold prediction, Phelps will perform tonight and he deserves a shot at staying in the rotation. With Nuno's inconsistency and Aceves' saavy, it seems clear that Nuno should be sent to the pen as a situational reliever and Aceves should get to start as well.

This would give NY a MUCH better chance to win a few games until things shake out with Pineda coming back at some point and potentially bumping...Phelps. Yes, I'm implying Aceves and his crafty ways should be a starter for the duration of the year.

I can hear you guys now, "Aceves had one good relief appearance and you want to what??" But the Yankee staff is THAT bad folks. Aceves could really help the consistency. He has the track record of success and most importantly, he had 94mph on that perfectly located fastball and he has pinpoint control. START THE GUY and be done with this!

...thoughts?

vCash
    I prefer to start Aceves as well.

I also prefer Phelps plays for the mets.
    Last edited by metswon69; 05-05-2014 at 10:13 PM. Reason: Don't..
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

BREAKING NEWS: Sources tell me it's official. We stink.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LeoYankee View Post
    You're gonna get buried by the know it alls!

Phelps has the mentality to start, he is actually somewhat consistent and he should get a look. With the Mets he would win 13 to 15 games. They would roll him out every 5th day and leave him alone. That's what the Yankees need to do with the guy. How about this though....Phelps, Sanchez and Nuno for Cliff Lee & his wife.

vCash
    Is she hot? I can't remember.

vCash
    The Phillies wouldn't have to trade Lee to the Yankees though. They aren't restricted to accepting the likes of Phelps and Nuno, even with Sanchez. Lee's salary may limit his market, but there will be other suitors.

I apologize in advance if you made that proposal in total jest (I know you mentioned the wife so...). The rest could have been sincere. I don't know...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CatskillKid View Post
    Phelps has the mentality to start, he is actually somewhat consistent and he should get a look. With the Mets he would win 13 to 15 games. They would roll him out every 5th day and leave him alone. That's what the Yankees need to do with the guy. How about this though....Phelps, Sanchez and Nuno for Cliff Lee & his wife.
    Yes. I trade everyone for him and her.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

vCash
    By the way, if Phelps gets shelled tonight, I will appear here tomorrow so you guys can laugh at me. I'm serious, he will do ok.

vCash
    Phelps was awesome!

vCash

i see what you did there
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe pride View Post
    i see what you did there
    Thank you. Thank you very much.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

vCash
    Last night, Phelps showed exactly what I've been talking about all season long. He is a pit bull type of pitcher who needs to have his confidence and he is far better served to be a starter, NOT a reliever. He has very good control, he'll pick up a few K's but his main weapon is getting people to put the ball in play. His last batter faced was Mike Trout with Puhols waiting on deck and he really looked good in that sequence, getting Trout on a pop out. I think NY should flat out start the kid going forward.

Here's the thing, as amped as I am about Phelps, the Yanks still lost by three runs. It was deflating to be so happy for Phelps but see NY's anemic offense unable to get the job done. This team really strikes out a lot. More than I remember past Yankee teams of a few years ago. The Yankees only had 4 base runners. Ouch.

vCash
    Phelps, like Nuno or Fatty or any 5th starter, can be serviceable but he's not winning any big games nor is trustworthy.

Hence, Cliffy!
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

vCash
    Phelps, like Nuno or Fatty or any 5th starter, can be serviceable but he's not winning any big games nor is trustworthy.

Hence, Cliffy!
    I think phelps is more than serviceable well atleast compared to there other dreadful options. Cliffy would be great but I don't see it happening. I'm sure they will get someone though.

vCash
    What's also awesome is how weaver can throw 87 and dominate yet cc can't get through 4 innings.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yankeefan54 View Post
    What's also awesome is how weaver can throw 87 and dominate yet cc can't get through 4 innings.
    CC's stuff sucks. He doesn't have a breaking ball.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast