Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

4th Round Draft Pick: RB Andre Williams

NEW YORK GIANTS
    2014 DRAFT

With the 13th pick in the 4th round (113th overall) of the 2014 draft the New York Giants select....

RB Andre Williams, Boston College

BIO
    Height: 5'11"
    Weight: 230 lbs
    Arm Length: 33 1/2"
    Hand Size: 9"
    College: Boston College
    Conference: ACC

OVERVIEW

The Pennsylvania prep rushed for 1,913 yards and 33 touchdowns as a senior. Lived in Georgia for his first two seasons of high school. Appeared in all 13 contests as a true freshman in 2010, starting the final two, and rushed 95 times for 461 yards (4.6-yard average) and two touchdowns. Led the team in rushing touchdowns in '11, posting 124-517-4 (4.2) in 10 games (seven starts). Missed two games due to injuries Clemson (ankle) and Florida State (abdominal). Did not participate in '12 spring practice after surgery to repair a torn labrum in his left shoulder. Was the team's leading rusher in the fall despite only playing in nine games (eight starts) and logging 130-584-4 (4.5). Missed the final three games with a torn abdominal muscle (left side) suffered against Wake Forest. Had a stellar senior campaign in '13, leading the nation in rushing yards (2,177), being a finalist for the Heisman Trophy and winning the Doak Walker (nation's premier running back) in addition to being a consensus All-America selection. Ran for 335-2,177-18 (6.5) in 13 starts and became the 16th player in FBS history to top the 2,000-yard mark. Rushed for more than 200 yards in a game five times, including an ACC and school record 339 yards (42 attempts) against N.C. State. Averaged 167.5 yards per game on the ground to lead all Division I players. Was not used much as a receiver in his career, catching 10 passes for 60 yards (6.0-yard average) in four years. Graduated in December.

ANALYSIS

Strengths
    Has very long arms with good overall musculature, wide shoulders and a thick, power base. Good vision to find creases. Runs with urgency and steps downhill fast. Shows an extra gear to kick it into overdrive and outrace defenders to the end zone. Good finishing speed -- did not see him get tracked down from behind. Can power through arm tackles, brush off contact and clear his feet through traffic -- very good contact balance. Solid anchor in pass protection. Keen blitz recognition. Smart and competitive. Caught the ball extremely well at his pro day.

Weaknesses
    Much of his production is blocked for him -- produced many runs of 20-plus yards untouched. Is not dynamic or creative and makes few tacklers miss. Can do a better job selling routes and settling into soft spots in zones. Minimal receiving production -- 10 career catches.

DRAFT PROJECTION
    Rounds 2-3

BOTTOM LINE
    Very strong, stocky, powerful runner with the instincts, contact balance and toughness to carry a heavy workload. Really emerged as a senior, when he led the nation in rushing, and proved worthy of a starting role. Limitations in the receiving game could diminish his value.

Grade

VIDEOS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATTpEi_mOeQ
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lw8df2DMsyo
    Last edited by GGGGG-Men; 05-10-2014 at 08:06 PM.

vCash
    Andre Williams. I knew we'd pick him lol. Kinda hoped it wouldn't be til the 5th but our RBs are looking pretty deep now with Jennings, Williams, and Wilson. And they all fit. Jennings a 3 down guy. Williams a downhill power guy with vision. Wilson the explosive playmaker. We have some good talent there now. Team is filling out nicely.
    X's and O's Breakdown of each of Eli Manning's 27 Interceptions

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...-Interceptions

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post
    Andre Williams. I knew we'd pick him lol. Kinda hoped it wouldn't be til the 5th but our RBs are looking pretty deep now with Jennings, Williams, and Wilson. And they all fit. Jennings a 3 down guy. Williams a downhill power guy with vision. Wilson the explosive playmaker. We have some good talent there now. Team is filling out nicely.
    We saw that one coming miles away.
    when they forget what Kevin Long saids

I follow rules and appreciate the ignore button

vCash
    New Earth, Wind and Fire?

vCash
    that kid was breaking Barry Sander's college yards records. Has a bit of Emitt and Ahmad Bradshaw in him.

vCash
    Love this kid, love the pick.. Been calling for him for a long time, maybe like week 2 of the college season..

I believe I said he is a Coughlin player to a T and is a Giants type running back..

Very very happy

vCash
    he got the crazy eyes.

vCash
    just watched nc state game. definitely not the change of direction threat wilson is. but he's a north and south runner who's hard to bring down. he didn't have a single pass thrown to him all game so not much to say about his catching ability. I agree he will compliment the other pieces we have in the backfield and a much needed depth in case wilson doesn't come back.

one more thing he did fumble 3 times in that game. on one of the long runs he was swinging his arm too wide and got stripped from behind. needs to tuck that ball in. we all know coughlin's not the right coach to play for if you have fumble problem.

i can't remember the last draft giants went for need pick every single round.

vCash
    I used to scout the draft religously 5-6 years ago now I dont even watch it lol but I get the sense we are not following the Pete Carroll way of drafting high ceiling guys but are going for the Eric Mangini High Character way instead. But I do really like what I read about this kid from BC.

vCash
    he was on pace of breaking Barry Sanders' college yards record, and that was w/ BC playing I formations and going against 8 man box defenses.

vCash
    Looked incredibly similar to Bradshaw on his video. Like this pick.

vCash

4th Round Draft Pick Thread

Ah the Coughlin BC pick haha.

Don't know anything about him but just glad we took an RB in the first four rounds. Jennings should be good but Wilson is a huge injury question mark, Hillis is Hillis and Cox is blah.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Ah the Coughlin BC pick haha.

Don't know anything about him but just glad we took an RB in the first four rounds. Jennings should be good but Wilson is a huge injury question mark, Hillis is Hillis and Cox is blah.
    Some are saying this was a steal and he seems good .. We will see .

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cespedesrules View Post
    Looked incredibly similar to Bradshaw on his video. Like this pick.
    Really? I thought he was looking like a bulkier/heavy hitter version of Andre brown.

Pretty good vision, picks his spot and hits it. One move and goes. Hopefully that carries over into the NFL. We've got a little bit of everything in the backfield now, so pretty cool. Still hoping for a Wilson recovery though.

vCash
    Watched some more game vids.....is it just me or can this kid actually pass block? Looked pretty quick in protection picking up the extra rusher.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast