Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

3rd Round Draft Pick: DT Jay Bromley

NEW YORK GIANTS
    2014 DRAFT

With the 10th pick in the 3rd round (74th overall) of the 2014 draft the New York Giants select....

DT Jay Bromley, Syracuse

BIO
    Height: 6'3"
    Weight: 306 lbs
    Arm Length: 33 1/2"
    Hand Size: 9 1/4"
    College: Syracuse
    Conference: ACC

OVERVIEW

Has overcome many obstacles in life. Was not raised by his biological parents, and his grandmother, who took care of him for the first 13 years of his life, died the summer before he started high school. The New York prep earned four letters in football and a scholarship from Syracuse. Appeared in 12 games as a true freshman in 2010 and had eight tackles. Played in 12 games in 2011, including 10 starts at defensive tackle, and had 32 tackles, 5.5 tackles for loss and 1.5 sacks. Started 11 of Syracuse's 13 games at nose tackle in 2012 (the team started a fifth defensive back in the other two games), tallying 39 tackles, 5.5 tackles for loss and 2.5 sacks with one batted pass. Blocked a West Virginia field goal attempt in the New Era Pinstripe Bowl. Broke out in 2013, starting 13 times and recording 42 tackles, 14.5 tackles for loss and 1.5 sacks with three forced fumbles. Led the team in tackles for loss and sacks. Team captain.

ANALYSIS

Strengths
    Good combination of size and movement skills. Flashes quick get-off and the ability to hold his ground against the run. Can work half a man, get skinny enough to penetrate the gap and closes with some steam when he has a direct bead on the QB. Is active and gives effort in pursuit. Strong tackler when he's able to wrap up ball carriers. Coachable, hardworking.

Weaknesses
    Small hands. Pad level fluctuates. Average eyes and diagnostic ability. Does not play with pop or power in his hands to shock or discard blockers. Moved by double teams. Bland pass rusher (inflated sack numbers). Has tweener traits. Tepid intensity level -- could use more glass in his diet.

DRAFT PROJECTION
    Rounds 4-5

BOTTOM LINE
    Well-built, inconsistent interior defender with enough strength, athleticism and pass-rush ability to contribute in a rotational role. Best fits as a 4-3 defensive tackle, but could appeal to teams running a hybrid scheme given his potential to be used as a five-technique.

Grade

VIDEOS

Combine: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VPQd7BqboM
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKrjSC_XzzA
    Last edited by GGGGG-Men; 05-10-2014 at 07:36 PM.

vCash
    Jay Bromley. Interesting. Theres our 3 technique IMO

Time to watch more film of this guy. Havent watched much
    X's and O's Breakdown of each of Eli Manning's 27 Interceptions

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...-Interceptions

vCash

3rd Round Draft Pick Thread

Why not Nix I wonder

Quote Originally Posted by Gibby23 View Post
    The only way I will be proven wrong is if the giants win in SF and that isn't going to happen. You can keep saying they beat the Packers on the road and all that, but they are not playing the Packers this Sunday. The Niners will win by 10 plus points..... Numbers don't lie only you and some giants fan do to make yourself feel better about the loss your team has coming up.
    gooood caaaall

vCash
    Reach, they could of got this guy the next round. Overcame a lot but he's a bit of a project IMO. Maybe another Jay Alford

Quote Originally Posted by PraiseJesus View Post
    My PREDICITON OF LEBRON GOING TO THE KNICKS WAS SPOT ON!!!!

JUST AS ALL MINE ARE.

I'M NEVER WRONG

FREE MY SOURCE PraiseJesus

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Menfan4lyfe View Post
    Why not Nix I wonder
    Style of player. Nix isn't playing anything but 0 tech or 1 tech and is a liability as a pass rusher. This is our 3 tech rotation and/or development. I'll let you guys really know what I think of him as a player tomorrow or later. Going to watch a couple games now
    X's and O's Breakdown of each of Eli Manning's 27 Interceptions

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...-Interceptions

vCash
    I've watched zero Syracuse games last season. Anyone know anything other than this is probably a guy we could taken in the 4th or 5th?

vCash

I hope this guy pans out. I'm sick of JRs 3rd rounders being huge wastes while tins of other teams find productive guys in the 3rd

The only way I will be proven wrong is if the giants win in SF and that isn't going to happen. You can keep saying they beat the Packers on the road and all that, but they are not playing the Packers this Sunday. The Niners will win by 10 plus points..... Numbers don't lie only you and some giants fan do to make yourself feel better about the loss your team has coming up.
    gooood caaaall

vCash

Damnit, that's who I wanted us to pick is Mason I was hoping he'd drop to us in the 4th

gooood caaaall

vCash
    He'll backup and learn under Cullen Jenkins probably.
    DUDA

Quote Originally Posted by VendettaRed07 View Post
    noah is gonna be a beast man.

with him and harvey, its like were gonna have Goku and Vegetta in the same rotation

vCash
    Is JR ****ing kidding me??? Huge reach, haven't been this pissed since the Adrien Robinson pick..

vCash
    JR never picks a known name it seems......besides Prince

vCash
    terrible just terrible

vCash
    I wish we grabbed Tre Mason, he looked very studly all year especialy in the title game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by corky831 View Post
    JR never picks a known name it seems......besides Prince
    ODB is known and Olinemen generally aren't known ..he also got Phillips , Ross and JPP oh and nicks ...are those not names ? Lol

vCash
    He's inconsistent, he's a project, IQ is low and he has small hands. If developed right he can be a nice rotational player. He had a lot of good games last season but overall a reach here. But for the Nix lovers, I would of hated the Nix pick also. He's not a 3T. And something tells me the Giants really like this kid because they barely let a second run out when they drafted him!

Quote Originally Posted by PraiseJesus View Post
    My PREDICITON OF LEBRON GOING TO THE KNICKS WAS SPOT ON!!!!

JUST AS ALL MINE ARE.

I'M NEVER WRONG

FREE MY SOURCE PraiseJesus

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast