Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

2nd Round Draft Pick: C Weston Richburg

NEW YORK GIANTS
    2014 DRAFT

With the 11th pick in the 2nd round (43rd overall) of the 2014 draft the New York Giants select....

C Weston Richburg, Colorado State

BIO
    Height: 6'3"
    Weight: 298 lbs
    Arm Length: 33 3/8"
    Hand Size: 9 1/4"
    College: Colorado State
    Conference: Mountain West

OVERVIEW

Also played basketball and threw the discus as a Texas prep. Tore his right ACL in high school and did not play his sophomore and junior seasons. Redshirted in 2009. Started all 12 games in 2010 (first three at strongside guard, final nine at center). Started all 12 games at 2011, including the first nine at center, before breaking a bone in his right (snapping) hand against San Diego State; stayed in the lineup by playing left tackle the next two games and right guard in the final game. Started all 26 games at center 2012-13. Established a school record with 50 career starts. Team captain.

ANALYSIS

Strengths
    Good snap-and-step quickness. Maneuvers to gain positioning. Good mobility -- gets out of the chute quickly as a puller and demonstrates nice body control. Good awareness. Energetic and aggressive temperament. Durable, 49-game starter. Vocal team leader with outstanding intangibles.

Weaknesses
    Lacks ideal girth and could be stressed by widebody nose tackles. Average hip snap -- lacks body power to blow defensive tackles off the ball. Lacks elite athleticism to execute reach blocks. Can improve grip strength to better control defenders (average sustain) -- slides off some blocks. Inconsistent contact balance, especially at the second level where he can be more efficient connecting and fitting.

DRAFT PROJECTION Rounds 3-4

BOTTOM LINE
    Adequate-sized, smart, experienced, competitive center who commanded the offensive line, made all the calls and was a team leader for the Rams. At worst, should stick as a backup, but has developmental value and starter potential in a zone scheme. Could help himself by proving versatile enough to back up at guard.

Grade

VIDEOS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhyKD24xqv8
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsAk6wDXnYw
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGaPDr_-MiA
    Last edited by GGGGG-Men; 05-10-2014 at 07:26 PM.

vCash
    Someone's sleeping

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GMenFanSince90 View Post
    Someone's sleeping
    I believe he said he was going away for a few days. Give the older man a break. Grandpa!

vCash
    Good pick but it scares me that according to what gramps posted up here ..dudes invisible ..but hey that could help to .
    Lol

I like the pick , and the 1st ..I'd say A for the draft .

vCash
    I like the pick. Rated best center in draft. Haven't watched tape on him just going by what I'm reading. But Eli needs a pocket to step up into. Isn't a sexy pick but definitely one of necessity. Veristile(also played some guard and tackle in college) and seems like a tough guy (broke his snapping hand in college and played games snapping with his left hand)

vCash
    To me Marcus Martin is the best Center in the draft. That said I think they're both top half of round 2 type values. I thought Martin could go round one. That said, Richburg is more refined and pro ready. He's more technically advanced and plays with a better equilibrium. Martin can get off balance and on the ground a lot, which is not something the Giants like. If we are going to be incorporating more zone running stuff, and I'm talking outside zone, not downhill inside zone, he's a better fit. He can really move well and he's a really, really good pass protector.

martin's upside is higher, but it looks like we're going for safer and more pro ready guys this draft. This kid really dominated at the senior bowl also.

Regardless, I like the pick a lot, even if I would have taken Martin, and I'm happy with how the first two rounds have gone
    X's and O's Breakdown of each of Eli Manning's 27 Interceptions

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...-Interceptions

vCash
    Wonder if he will be given a shot in camp to start over Walton at C

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BradHolt4CYoung View Post
    Wonder if he will be given a shot in camp to start over Walton at C
    If he gains enough weight to not get rag dolled, and he'll have to gain a little, I think its pretty likely he'll be given a shot and I'd put money on him winning. This kid is real talented, I banged the table for Marcus Martin all offseason, but Richburg is still a stud. Way more talented than Walton. Dont take a C in round 2 unless they're a great player who you have extremely high hopes for. I think he's a day 1 starter no doubt

vCash
    Kiper and McShay both like him.....said he was the top rated center....they said who even plays center for the giants....and one of them said Richburg that's who lol.....said you could plug him in there for the next 10-12 yrs

vCash
    lov3 it

vCash
    I like it but I think they could of gotten him in the 3rd round

Quote Originally Posted by PraiseJesus View Post
    My PREDICITON OF LEBRON GOING TO THE KNICKS WAS SPOT ON!!!!

JUST AS ALL MINE ARE.

I'M NEVER WRONG

FREE MY SOURCE PraiseJesus

vCash
    Can Walton play guard if need be?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post
    If he gains enough weight to not get rag dolled, and he'll have to gain a little, I think its pretty likely he'll be given a shot and I'd put money on him winning. This kid is real talented, I banged the table for Marcus Martin all offseason, but Richburg is still a stud. Way more talented than Walton. Dont take a C in round 2 unless they're a great player who you have extremely high hopes for. I think he's a day 1 starter no doubt
    Would it be smart to draft Martin in the 3rd if he's available?

Quote Originally Posted by PraiseJesus View Post
    My PREDICITON OF LEBRON GOING TO THE KNICKS WAS SPOT ON!!!!

JUST AS ALL MINE ARE.

I'M NEVER WRONG

FREE MY SOURCE PraiseJesus

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GMenFanSince90 View Post
    Can Walton play guard if need be?
    No idea, in our old system, no. In a new system, maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by GiantsSwaGG View Post
    Would it be smart to draft Martin in the 3rd if he's available?
    I would be happy. A starting guard who can be a very good center if something happens injury wise.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post
    No idea, in our old system, no. In a new system, maybe.

I would be happy. A starting guard who can be a very good center if something happens injury wise.
    Eh , I think we'd go somewhere else even just guard but this draft I really zoned out and I've enjoyed it way more lol can't wait for the season (ima need help for fantasy football sh..t .lol)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast