Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

1st Round Draft Pick: WR Odell Beckham, Jr.

NEW YORK GIANTS
    2014 DRAFT

With the 12th pick in the 1st round (12th overall) of the 2014 draft the New York Giants select....

WR Odell Beckham, Jr., LSU

BIO
    Height: 5'11"
    Weight: 198 lbs
    Arm Length: 32 3/4"
    Hand Size: 10"
    College: LSU
    Conference: SEC

OVERVIEW

Father, Odell Sr., was a running back for the Tigers (1989-92) and mother, Heather Van Norman, was an LSU All-American and national champion in track (1991-93). Odell Jr. was an all-purpose standout as a Louisiana prep. As a true freshman in 2011 (wore jersey No. 33), played all 14 games (11 starts at "Z" receiver) and recorded 41 receptions for 475 yards (11.6-yard average) and two touchdowns. Started 12-of-13 games at the "Z" in '12 (team opened with extra tight end against Arkansas), tallying 43-713-2 (16.6). Was the Paul Hornung Award winner as the nation's most versatile player in '13 when he broke the LSU single-season all-purpose yards record (2,315) and snagged 59-1,152-8 (19.5) in 13 starts at "X" receiver. Also returned 68 career punts for 557 yards (8.2), including two scores, and 42 kickoffs for 1,044 yards (24.9).

ANALYSIS

Strengths

Quick hands and feet to slip the jam. Fluid and fast. Good balance. Sinks his hips and changes gears to create separation. Quick hands to pluck off his frame. Terrific leaping ability -- climbs the ladder to snatch throws. Creates after the catch -- shows burst and shiftiness as a runner. Has playmaking ability. Confident and competitive. Has kickoff- and punt-return experience. Productive three-year starter.

Weaknesses

Adequate height. Lacks elite top-end speed to separate vertically. Could stand to polish the finer points of his route running. Inconsistent making contested grabs -- can be out-muscled in a crowd. Has some concentration drops. Can improve as a blocker. Was not an impactful punt returner. Was held in check by Florida and Alabama.

DRAFT PROJECTION
    Round 1

BOTTOM LINE
    Talented, competitive, productive, inconsistent college split end who projects as a big-play receiver in the pros. Offers versatility to toggle between "X," "Z" and slot given his ability to stretch the field and run after the catch. Brings added value as a kick returner.

Grade

VIDEOS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jZbGUMevcI
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x50YYlvYXyw
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCwKdJUVrno
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTARGC1MBos
    Last edited by GGGGG-Men; 05-10-2014 at 08:44 PM.

vCash
    I can't ****ing believe this. I'M ****ING DONE!!!!!! **** REESE, he passed on Zach Martin? man **** this ****!
    BORN AND RAISED TO KILL COWBOYS
    [B][COLOR="Blue"]13-9 Record & Super Bowl 46 Champs: You made it true Big Blue!!!!(Now Aim High For #5!!!!! )

"How come Eli don't feed me the ball no more?"
    Don't know Larry. Don't know.

NY Giants Fan, LA Lakers Fan, LA Dodgers Fan

vCash
    **** Odell Beckham! **** HIM!
    [B][COLOR="Blue"]13-9 Record & Super Bowl 46 Champs: You made it true Big Blue!!!!(Now Aim High For #5!!!!! )

vCash
    Honestly, I would have drafted Manziel.

5. 05-08-2014, 09:37 PM
    Reason
    insults

vCash
    Seems like his skills are ideal for a WC system.

Another short WR and another LSU WR.

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    I can't ****ing believe this. I'M ****ING DONE!!!!!! **** REESE, he passed on Zach Martin? man **** this ****!
    Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    **** Odell Beckham! **** HIM!
    wow.......seriously? Let the guy play a game before you bash the pick.

vCash
    I swore I heard Goodell say, "And with the 12th pick of the 2014 NFL Draft, the New York Giants have selected.....................

someone other than Johnny Manziel, Texas A&M. Congratulations.... you."

vCash
    I wanted Martin or Donald. But I like the pick. Kind of gives me a hint of where the Giants offense is headed. Quick releases.

vCash
    ehhhh.... if they wanted Beckham, they should've tried to move back a few spots to grab an extra pick.... prob still could've gotten him

vCash
    Excuse me? Did the bottom line analysis called this 5'11 198 lbs squirt an X-Receiver? Rueben Randle, please don't fail me this season, because Jerry Reese and the whole ****in Giants FO just did. Why the **** did they pass on Zach Martin?

vCash
    Outstanding pick and steal of the draft. Lol will bump this thread midway through season.

vCash
    Would've picked Donald and picked up Allen Robinson in the 2nd. We had the most amazing situation to have Martin, Donald, and Beckham sitting there.........just picked the wrong guy IMO.

vCash
    i don't like the pick
    i like the receiver, i think he's vaery talented and has a unique skill set
    i don't like the type of receiver we picked for the type of QB we have (in terms of passing tangibles)
    i don't think the type of QB we have will accentuate the best attribute of the receiver we drafted
    i would rather have drafted an OT and continued to try and rejuvenate our OL -or-
    i would have preferred to trade down
    i will reserve judgement, but i do not like the pick

vCash
    I don't like the pick only because we passed on Donald. Other than that, I think he can surprise people.

We now have 3 WRs that, whether through size, route running, or speed, should be able to beat 1 on 1 coverage and press man. We built the OL in FA - we're pretty deep there so I'm not devastated passing on Martin.

I'm happy, he's inconsistent, but talented and coming from a pro system. He can run routes and he's quick. We don't have great size, but I think we can win with scheme around talent. Now we just have to have faith in McAdoo.

At the end of the day, if the OL is good, the offense will be good. We brought in some good pieces in FA, so if they're strong, and on top of that we have these weapons and a TE develops, we're looking pretty.

Really would've wanted Donald, but I'm optimistic.
    X's and O's Breakdown of each of Eli Manning's 27 Interceptions

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...-Interceptions

vCash
    Love the pick. I wanted Donald, but Beckham is a solid receiver, especially in the WC Offense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by musclemenace View Post
    i don't like the pick
    i like the receiver, i think he's vaery talented and has a unique skill set
    i don't like the type of receiver we picked for the type of QB we have (in terms of passing tangibles)
    i don't think the type of QB we have will accentuate the best attribute of the receiver we drafted
    i would rather have drafted an OT and continued to try and rejuvenate our OL -or-
    i would have preferred to trade down
    i will reserve judgement, but i do not like the pick
    Agreed. Think we have a lot of work left to do on the oline and dline right now. I wont say I don't like the pick yet, b/c maybe there's value to be had in the trenches tomorrow.

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast