Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Raptors and Casey agree in principle to 3 year deal

Doug Smith: RaptorsVerified account
    ‏@SmithRaps
    Raptors have agreement in principle with Dwane Casey on a three-year deal, according to sources
    https://twitter.com/SmithRaps/status/463445159116820480

That didn't take long...
    Last edited by GodsSon; 05-05-2014 at 06:37 PM.

vCash
    Wonder if Masai retains Nurse and Bayno...

vCash
    Adrian Wojnarowski ✔ @WojYahooNBA
    Follow
    Toronto has reached agreement on a three-year contract extension with coach Dwane Casey, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.

vCash
    I'm fine with it. He pretty much got the most out of the players and they seem to like him. We didn't get blown out all year (or at least since the Gay deal). Now if Masai can get him some more talent to work with, we can start evaluating him more intensively as we try to build a contender.

Definitely changed the culture since he got here, so kudos to him for that.
    Finally,
    A Sig With Class.

vCash
    I'm fine with it. Hopefully this season wasn't a fluke and he can continue to improve with the team

vCash
    We knew it was coming. What I liked was that it happened right away. So most likely it was on the table I think both sides kinda knew what the deal would be.

vCash
    I'm good with this. It would've been terrible if the organization didn't resign him after this year.

It's kind of weird, wasn't Smitch in a similar scenario when BC took over. A lot of people didn't think he would be around after his contract was over but after a great year, he got an extension. Hopefully history does not repeat itself.

vCash
    Somebody in here may go bananas with this news lol.

If not Casey, Masai will go in another direction. With Casey, status quo with minor changes.

Masai will go hard re-signing Lowry. Casey had an unbelievable connection with Kyle this season. I'm sure Casey will lobby for both GVZ and Pat as well.

Then possibly minor tweaks to address the back up Center and back up wing(VC).

Draft another wing defender possibly to round out the roster with the core going for further development.

I don't expect Masai to break the bank and jeopardize flexibility. I am sure TL and him are looking ahead when Durant can be had as a FA.

vCash
    well deserved! Casey earned this.. he certainly grew on me through out this season. The way he had this team focused, playing for one another, sharing the ball etc. over all he did wonders for this teams D and cohesiveness.

I do hope that we get new assistance who can run better offensive plays.. Also hope that MU will sign some players that will help Casey define a clear rotation. Having guys like fields & salmons doesnt help. dont really know what to expect of them night in and night out so Casey gets a pass from me on his rotations as well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps Insider 12 View Post
    Somebody in here may go bananas with this news lol.

If not Casey, Masai will go in another direction. With Casey, status quo with minor changes.

Masai will go hard re-signing Lowry. Casey had an unbelievable connection with Kyle this season. I'm sure Casey will lobby for both GVZ and Pat as well.

Then possibly minor tweaks to address the back up Center and back up wing(VC).

Draft another wing defender possibly to round out the roster with the core going for further development.

I don't expect Masai to break the bank and jeopardize flexibility. I am sure TL and him are looking ahead when Durant can be had as a FA.
    do we have cap room for all that i dont think so.

vCash
    thats good. raptors should keep their core guys and improve depth on the team

vCash
    if you all think about it, if we had the core of lowry, derozan, ross, amir, jonas, patman, gvz at the start of the season most of us would think that we would have been a lottery team once again.

Casey did wonders with that rotation, and with very little bench help. Casey really did an awesome job with these kids.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LAKobeBryant View Post
    thats good. raptors should keep their core guys and improve depth on the team
    seems as thought, thats the plan.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    do we have cap room for all that i dont think so.
    I think there were a couple of posters on another thread who already addressed this if Masai decides to resign all three.

Unless Lowry would ask for more than 10 per and both GVZ and Pat would not exceed a combined 10m then I think its possible. They can also backload the contract of Lowry, no?

I am not well versed with the cap situation so someone can correct me but one of Fields or Novak may also have to be bought out to acquire VC.
    We can probably get a back up C for the minimum.

vCash
    Congrats, I like the stability of having a long term coach
    Twitter me PSDers I follow back @Electrro

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast