Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Thread: 2014 Off Season

vCash

2014 Off Season

Now I think we can all agree we need to address the defense on this team but we also have to lock up O'Reilly and Stasny.
    Colorado Avalanche – Cap Space: $35.1 million

The Colorado Avalanche are back in action! They’ve gone from having the top pick in the 2013 Draft to being in the running for the playoffs with a spot in the top three of the Central Division. Patrick Roy could potentially win the Jack Adams Award for his coaching efforts if the team continues its success in the postseason. However, the Avs will have to make a huge decision on two free agents, Paul Stastny and Ryan O’Reilly, two players who are making a combined total of $13.1 million. O’Reilly is a restricted free agent so the Avs have the first shot at him. Stastny is unrestricted and could go wherever he feels. Don’t forget that the youngest team captain in NHL history, Gabriel Landeskog, will be paid $4.5 million next year instead of the $925,000 entry-level salary he has now.
    We still have a lot of cap space so I hope with Sakic and Roy we get the Avs to open the wallet up now!!

vCash
    As a MapleLeafs fan and a former seasons ticket holder for the Moncton Wildcats (QMJHL) I can tell you that if Roman Will can take the next step and play in the NHL as he did here in Moncton that the fans of the Colorado Avalanche will be quite happy for the years to come!

vCash
    Avalanche entered arbitration with O'Reilly.

vCash
    According to TSN's Bob McKenzie, Colorado is "shopping" P. A. Parenteau.

He has two seasons left on a deal which pays him $4 million per year. In 55 games during the 2013-14 campaign, Parenteau notched 14 goals and 33 points. He also added three points in seven playoff contests. He was rumored to be on the trade block during the season, but the Avalanche kept him after losing Alex Tanguay to injury.
    Not a huge P.A. fan so I hope we can get a nice valued defenseman in return.

vCash
    "#Avs' @Mackinnon9 becomes the youngest Calder Trophy winner ever at 18 years old"

"Nathan MacKinnon got 130 first place votes of the 137 ballots cast in Calder voting"

"Avalanche's Patrick Roy wins Jack Adams Award for best coach. Roy led Avs to 52-22-8 record in 1st season as head coach."

"The @Avalanche just scored a hat trick at the 2014 #NHLAwards. @Ryan_OReilly90 poses with the Lady Byng. http://t.co/mGqJccwAiG"

"Congrats to Boston’s Tuukka Rask. If it’s not #VarlyVarly, #TuukaTime a worthy substitute! #NHLAwards #Avs"

Not bad three out if four, really hope we sign O'Reilly long term. Great core that will be great for years to come!!

vCash
    The #Avalanche have traded PA Parenteau for Montreal C Daniel Briere.
    Never was a big PA fan but I don't know a lot about Briere to say if we made out or not but maybe the bigger question is fits this mean Stasney is gone?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Game_Over View Post
    Never was a big PA fan but I don't know a lot about Briere to say if we made out or not but maybe the bigger question is fits this mean Stasney is gone?
    Yup Stastny is gone but we also got inginla, and Brad Stuart. This should give us a much needed vet presence.

vCash
    O'Reilly and Avs avoid arbitration! Two years, 5.8, 6.2. Happy days here again!

Really glad about this it was looking ugly, wish it was longer but I really like O'reilly.

vCash
    That is very good news! It's important that we keep our young nucleus together. If we can keep Duchene, Landy, MacKinnon, O'Reilly, Varly, and probably Johnson, this team will be elite for years to come.