Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Pats Sign Will Smith

Like it...they must not be "jacked up" with the talent level of the D-line in the draft.

vCash
    How secure is his roster spot? It will be interesting to see the terms; what's guaranteed, any incentives.

Can't keep having Nink and Jones play 95%+ of the snaps. Hopefully Smith/Buchanan/pick can drop that number down to 75%.
    Studs

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Austeezy View Post
    How secure is his roster spot? It will be interesting to see the terms; what's guaranteed, any incentives.

Can't keep having Nink and Jones play 95%+ of the snaps. Hopefully Smith/Buchanan/pick can drop that number down to 75%.
    Yup. Pats gotta give those two fellas a blow and Smith could end up being one of those low risk/decent reward types if he's got anything left AND coming off the ACL.

They'll likely still look at DL in the draft anyways, maybe still take someone at DT or DE w/ #29 pick.

I bet the contract is favorable too.

vCash
    Nothing more than a rotational guy, but he can be a quality back up though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TKO View Post
    Like it...they must not be "jacked up" with the talent level of the D-line in the draft.
    not exactly.the draft has good talent there. will smith is a nice guy to have as a rotational guy.

vCash
    Glad we picked him up. Adds depth and might give a little more flexibility for the draft. He is going love it here.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by captmike View Post
    Glad we picked him up. Adds depth and might give a little more flexibility for the draft. He is going love it here.
    I think everyone has the general idea - he's competing for a 3rd-5th member of the rotation. We may still take a DE high, and that will actually effect the decision making on a DT, because if Jones is kicked inside because of the depth at DE, it takes pressure off getting a DT. Also if we get Quarles in the 3rd, he can play DT and DE, so that's the other way to look at it.

Thankfully the draft is almost here! I'm going to get ready to the watch the first round with no Pats pick - since expecting a pick by us at #29 is quite likely not to happen.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    MikeReiss Mike Reiss
    DE Will Smith contract w/ Patriots: 1-year, $855k base, $15k offseason bonus, $50k roster bonus, $570 salary cap charge (min salary benefit)
    Figures it would be a small deal.
    Studs

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    I think everyone has the general idea - he's competing for a 3rd-5th member of the rotation. We may still take a DE high, and that will actually effect the decision making on a DT, because if Jones is kicked inside because of the depth at DE, it takes pressure off getting a DT. Also if we get Quarles in the 3rd, he can play DT and DE, so that's the other way to look at it.

Thankfully the draft is almost here! I'm going to get ready to the watch the first round with no Pats pick - since expecting a pick by us at #29 is quite likely not to happen.
    IMO there is a greater chance of them moving up then there is of them staying at 29. But I defiantly agree that I'm prepared for day 2.

vCash
    Great signing.

vCash
    Love the signing. Depth for pass rush and a really good guy that BB knows and loves. Does not get much better than that plus he has plenty left.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rehone View Post
    Love the signing. Depth for pass rush and a really good guy that BB knows and loves. Does not get much better than that plus he has plenty left.
    How do you know he has plenty left? It's hard to look past him being 32 coming off an ACL tear. Thankfully he shouldn't be playing too many snaps.
    Studs