11. Tennessee Titans-Barr
    12. New York Giants-Ebron
    13. St. Louis Rams-Pryor
    14. Chicago Bears-Clinton-Dix
    15. Pittsburgh Steelers-Lewan
    16. Dallas Cowboys-Jernigan
    17. Baltimore Ravens-Martin

18. Brandon Cooks-WR
    Cooks becomes their big play WR that the Jets need. Can play inside or out, go short or long and he can step right in and be a big contributor. Thought long and hard about Dennard here, but in the end the Jets need a weapon.

49. Jace Amaro-TE
    Amaro becomes the security blanket for Geno and a Red Zone threat. With Cooks and Amaro the passing game get a whole new look.

80. Philip Gaines-CB
    With good size, speed and the ability to play man coverage, becomes the hidden gem in the draft. He won't be asked to start right away, but I would expect him to be the starter sometime in the season.

104. Paul Richardson-WR
    Will be asked to become the 4th WR, who is fast and underrated. He visited the Jets. No problem double dipping with a BPA.

115. Shayne Skov-ILB
    A smart leader and a perfect replacement for Harris next year.

137. Tom Savage-QB
    The Jets brought him in for a reason, could be QB that needs time to develop under Marty's system.

154. Russell Bodine-C
    The Jets need interior OL depth, Russell gives them just that.

195. Kenny Ladler-S
    The Jets need safety depth and some one who can challenge Antonio Allen to start.

209. Mike Campanaro-WR
    Goes to Wake Forest, Idzik's child goes to Wake Forest. This isn't by chance. Bohanan went to WF.

210. Dexter McDouggle-CB
    Visited Florham park, probably a top 100 prospect before being injured.

213. Kirby Van Der Kamp-P
    Well, we need a punter

233. Colt Lyerla-TE
    He is a troubled prospect, but athletically he is a stud. If he doesn't pan out all you lost was a 7th.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

vCash
    If it plays out like this I want OBJ over cooks personally.

vCash
    I think Landry is going to have a better career than Beckham.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetsguy View Post
    If it plays out like this I want OBJ over cooks personally.
    Yup, he's a better fit and he's just flat-out better.

vCash
    He played in an Air Coryell offense, he is a better fit for St. Louis.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    I think Landry is going to have a better career than Beckham.
    Really? Man Landry is so mediocre to me, didnt he run the slowest 40 of every WR at the combine? I think he claimed injury but only ran like a tenth better at his pro-day. He is ok if mid-rounder but that is it IMO.

Also FWIW - if the draft plays like you have it, I think Cooks will be our pick as well, just seems to be what all signs are pointing towards. I like Cooks, I really do, I just like OBJ more and it seems like they both may be there so it will be interesting.

vCash
    Really? Man Landry is so mediocre to me, didnt he run the slowest 40 of every WR at the combine? I think he claimed injury but only ran like a tenth better at his pro-day. He is ok if mid-rounder but that is it IMO.

Also FWIW - if the draft plays like you have it, I think Cooks will be our pick as well, just seems to be what all signs are pointing towards. I like Cooks, I really do, I just like OBJ more and it seems like they both may be there so it will be interesting.
    Landry doesn't have Beckham's measurables, but he has better hands and is a better route runner. Can play inside or out and will be an asset on 3rd downs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Yup, he's a better fit and he's just flat-out better.
    I watch the Cooks highlights (from what is available on youtube and such) in comparison to OBJ and I don't understand why it's even a debate. OBJ literally does everything well, he just looks so much more fluid than Cooks and seems to have much better hands. I know that highlight videos don't exactly paint the whole picture, but the OBJ highlights really made me a fan. I still love Lee too but I think OBJ might be my new fav.

vCash
    BCooks does offer more versatility than OBJ, so it does make sense if the Jets want to stay at #18 (although I'd HEAVILY consider Marqise Lee too).

Also if the draft plays out the way you said, I'd want the Jets to trade back and still land one of MLee, BCooks, KBenjamin or OBJ.

In the 2nd, it's either JAmaro or ASJ. MWeg will love either one.

We think similarly with both drafting a punter late in Kirby Van Der Kamp, and I would also take a flyer on CLyerla in the 7th (too much value balanced by risk).

vCash

He ran a 4.77 at Combine, and a 4.5-4.58 at pro day. Personally, I think 40s are overrated. It doesnt measure game speed whatsoever. Put the pads on and see how these guys run.

Anyways - Landry has nowhere near the ceiling that OBJ does, but it is not absurd to say he could be better...

Way back in the stands, you can see my Wife holding my son on the ledge at his first Green and White scrimmage...circa 2013...aka "The Transformation" year into greatness! That's right Emryk...you saw the beginning stages of JETS Greatness first hand!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Beltrans Mole View Post
    I watch the Cooks highlights (from what is available on youtube and such) in comparison to OBJ and I don't understand why it's even a debate. OBJ literally does everything well, he just looks so much more fluid than Cooks and seems to have much better hands. I know that highlight videos don't exactly paint the whole picture, but the OBJ highlights really made me a fan. I still love Lee too but I think OBJ might be my new fav.
    With all due respect, please dont make an argument based on "highlights".

draftbreakdown.com/videos

Way back in the stands, you can see my Wife holding my son on the ledge at his first Green and White scrimmage...circa 2013...aka "The Transformation" year into greatness! That's right Emryk...you saw the beginning stages of JETS Greatness first hand!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Realistik84 View Post
    He ran a 4.77 at Combine, and a 4.5-4.58 at pro day. Personally, I think 40s are overrated. It doesnt measure game speed whatsoever. Put the pads on and see how these guys run.

Anyways - Landry has nowhere near the ceiling that OBJ does, but it is not absurd to say he could be better...
    I agree that they are somewhat overrated, I think the exception to that is if they were the slowest WR at the entire combine.

vCash
    I agree that they are somewhat overrated, I think the exception to that is if they were the slowest WR at the entire combine.
    Larry Fitzgerald ran a 4.7 40 yard.

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    Larry Fitzgerald ran a 4.7 40 yard.
    But surely we are not comparing the two games? Fitz was a bonafide top 5 prospect for all the other stuff he did, speed was not needed. Fitz is 5-6 inches taller and weighs 20-25 pounds more, was way stronger etc etc.

Again, 40 is overrated but it has to mean something, and combined with all else on Landry I dont see how he compares favorably to OBJ

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast