Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Lol I was gonna do a June thread till I saw it was already 10 days in. May just make a season thread. Thread can go days without 1 post in forum. Pitiful times.

There are two types of exciting teams:

1. A competitive team that is ready and able to win now.
    2. An up-and-coming team that gives hope for the future.

We have neither of those qualities. I will say, I was one of the only guys who said the Braves weren't all that good. It's such a sad division, and it looks like the Marlins will take over in the near future. Pitiful times indeed.

Speaking of May...I see Trevor May is lights out for The Twins now lol!

So does anybody believe the phillies are still in NL East race. I say we can only lose 32 more games which puts us a 92-70. For wild card i say 87-75 which is 37 more loses. So what it looks like we have to win 2 out of every 3 games Unless there are some big winning streaks in there.

Got to have some hope. I say if they are within 4 games at allstar break they will contend but anything over that they are finished. GOT TO BELIEVE

How did we sweep the Braves? 0_o ((Rhetorical Question for those who didn't notice))

This division is a joke. No one wants it yet. The bullpen is actually shaping up into something usable. Now if offense can muster any consistency at least we could be pests. Thus ruining any rebuilding opportunity. Lol
    2011 PSD Phillies Forum HOF Inductee

Harry, I grew up with the phillies and learned the game by your voice. You will always be missed but never forgotten. Though you are no longer with us, you'll never be "outta here" in our hearts!

Yasmani Tomas. What does everyone think? I'm too lazy to go post this somewhere else.

Worth a flyer when you see results with puig and abreu. Of course we got slightly burned with mag

Would be nice to at least make things interesting until Cliff gets back. I don't know that putting together a hot streak really negatively effects our trade prospects all that much as it would take just the right set of circumstances for teams to take a flyer on Chase, Jimmy, Cliff, etc.

I've been cautiously optimistic about the club all season, figuring that if everyone had decent-to-pretty-good seasons we could contend in this mediocre division. 85 wins might get us the flag.

Anyway, it's always better to be contenders than not, imo. Plus, a division title and decent playoff run probably bags us 5 more years of Ruben!
    PROUD CHARTER MEMBER: Phillies PSD HAll of Fame, Class of '08.
    [

ALL YOUR ACE ARE BELONG TO US.

Cody. Asche.

5 games win streak wasted by losing streak. Blow it up!
    2011 PSD Phillies Forum HOF Inductee

Harry, I grew up with the phillies and learned the game by your voice. You will always be missed but never forgotten. Though you are no longer with us, you'll never be "outta here" in our hearts!

It's July. Just saying.
    Now writing for FanGraphs, RotoGraphs, The Hardball Times, and The Fake Baseball

Follow me on Twitter for article updates @baseballATeam

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234