Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Our Free Agents - Who do you think is coming back?

Kyle Lowry
    Patrick Patterson
    Greivis Vasquez
    Nando De Colo
    John Salmons (I think he can be bought out? That's what I heard after the trade.)

So yea, who do you think is coming back, and/or who do you want to come back?

I'd like Lowry and PPat back. Vasquez is a maybe but I'm thinking backup PG could be something we could add in the draft instead of paying Vasquez. The rest can go.

vCash
    I would love to resign all 3 of GV, Lowry and Patterson. I just dont know how realistic it is. I dont know how much cap space we will have. Would love to sign a guy like Deng as a FA, but doubt we can. Could fill 2 bench spots in the draft. We have our first and the seventh pick in round 2. In a deep draft like this you can draft someone who turns out to be a steal. Should be an interesting offseason.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyOldMan View Post
    I would love to resign all 3 of GV, Lowry and Patterson. I just dont know how realistic it is. I dont know how much cap space we will have. Would love to sign a guy like Deng as a FA, but doubt we can. Could fill 2 bench spots in the draft. We have our first and the seventh pick in round 2. In a deep draft like this you can draft someone who turns out to be a steal. Should be an interesting offseason.
    looking at storytellers, it says we have 39,273,625, so we'd have quite a bit of space (Bramaca can correct/confirm, he's the cap expert here). we could easily sign all 3 of those guys if Masai wanted to.

vCash
    I'd like to see Patterson, Vasquez and Lowry back. Hopefully Masai can find a reasonable price for all of them. De Colo, Hansbrough and Salmons could all be gone. I wouldnt lose sleep.

vCash
    John Salmons is gone thats for certain. He can be released from his 7,000,000 contract for 1 or 2 million. As for the rest, I hope they come back.Even de Colo, who is better than Stone and Buycks.

vCash
    I think everyone comes back except Salmons. But the Raps need to add another big man. As much as I love Amir, I would trade him to get a bigger body player back in return. We saw in this series how no one could contain JJ (well except Fields but I have no clue why Casey didnt play him in the last two games).

vCash
    I hope we get those 3 back. I'd also look at signing guys like VC, Battier, and Metta to fill the 3/4 spot in terms of defending and scoring (in Carter's case).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sadds The Gr8 View Post
    looking at storytellers, it says we have 39,273,625, so we'd have quite a bit of space (Bramaca can correct/confirm, he's the cap expert here). we could easily sign all 3 of those guys if Masai wanted to.
    No idea how they came up with that number. Most they can have from what I've read is around $20 million and that's if they don't resign their FAs and don't pick up any options.

The Brilliant Plan of How to Get Andrew Wiggins in a Toronto Uniform
    Quote Originally Posted by deaner View Post
    All I'm saying is the league wants to see Toronto succeeded. An outside chance Silver could say to philly... You know... That's a great trade offer from Toronto for the first pick. It's up to you but we'd love to see wiggins in Toronto.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lajoie View Post
    No idea how they came up with that number. Most they can have from what I've read is around $20 million and that's if they don't resign their FAs and don't pick up any options.
    You guys are on the same page I believe. He is saying we have 39 million committed, which leaves approximately $20 million under the cap.

Safe to say that Vasquez, Patterson and Lowry will easily eat up that available space if they are brought back. Not to mention the options on other players.

vCash
    Lowry leaves I think so we resign Patterson and Vasquez.

vCash
    vasquez is good but i don't know if hes a good fit, only time he plays good is with lowry on the floor.
    im not a fan on two pgs

vCash
    3 mill qualifying offer for Vasquez why not keep him he deserves it.

vCash
    Was going through the list of potential free agents and here are some of the players that interest me:

Centers

Emeka Okafor (can be cheap,and really good backup big if healthy)
    Chris Kaman
    Marcin Gortat
    Greg Menroe

Power Forward

Patrick Patterson (resign)
    Chris Bosh
    Pau Gasol
    Jordan Hill
    Ed Davis

Ekpe Udoh

Small Forward

Lebron James
    Carmelo Anthony
    Luol Deng (through trade)
    Shawn Marion
    Trevor Ariza
    Shane Battier
    Marvin Williams
    Richard Jefferson
    Aminu

Shooting Guard

Nick Young
    Vince Carter
    Jodie Meeks

Thabo Sefolosha

Point Guard

Kyle Lowry (must resign)
    Greivis Vasquez (should resign)

The bolded players are players that are very realistic targets.
    Last edited by nba_4_life; 05-04-2014 at 09:51 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanyo View Post
    I think everyone comes back except Salmons. But the Raps need to add another big man. As much as I love Amir, I would trade him to get a bigger body player back in return. We saw in this series how no one could contain JJ (well except Fields but I have no clue why Casey didnt play him in the last two games).
    anyone else think amir is expendable?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lajoie View Post
    I think it doesn't assume amir's 7m. He's definitely coming back so its probably around 46m cap
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    Lowry leaves I think so we resign Patterson and Vasquez.
    u think he's gone?

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast