Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Reds GT: May

vCash

Reds GT: May

Taking 3 out of 4 from the Brewers, a great start to the month. Should get Chapman back real soon and Latos later on, things are looking up. Gotta love Frazier's walk-off win to finish the series.

''Sig by Johnle''

vCash
    Homer pitched well, Hamilton came back and played well, Chapman looked great I'm his return to the mound, and we win. Good day for the Reds!

''Sig by Johnle''

vCash
    Definitely a nice win. Hope they can keep it up.

vCash
    Went to the game last night, and these 1 run losses are getting super old. I've said it a million times, but Hamilton shouldn't be a leadoff hitter right now and Votto should be #2, not #4. Price is wasting offensive production with him batting 4th.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jlohm1 View Post
    Went to the game last night, and these 1 run losses are getting super old. I've said it a million times, but Hamilton shouldn't be a leadoff hitter right now and Votto should be #2, not #4. Price is wasting offensive production with him batting 4th.
    Hamilton's bat is coming around and he seems patient enough to become a good leadoff. But you hit it smack dead on the nose on Votto....... SECOND!!!!!

vCash
    You're right about Votto but wrong about Hamilton. He has played pretty damn good after a slow start. I believe he's batting around .300 since a 1-22 start and he can create a run single-handedly.

''Sig by Johnle''

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CodeRed View Post
    You're right about Votto but wrong about Hamilton. He has played pretty damn good after a slow start. I believe he's batting around .300 since a 1-22 start and he can create a run single-handedly.
    I believe Hamilton is batting better than Votto.... lol... 20 mil a year for a guy we all hope to bat second We could have got a 1st baseman, LF, and a SS for that money.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dogdaddy View Post
    Hamilton's bat is coming around and he seems patient enough to become a good leadoff. But you hit it smack dead on the nose on Votto....... SECOND!!!!!
    He swings at like every first pitch. I think he has potential to be a great leadoff hitter someday, but that day isn't now. He swings at too many first pitches and isn't very patient.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dogdaddy View Post
    I believe Hamilton is batting better than Votto.... lol... 20 mil a year for a guy we all hope to bat second We could have got a 1st baseman, LF, and a SS for that money.
    Votto's OBP right now is .410, which for him is low, but across MLB is very high. He'll be fine and he should be the number 2 hitter. Price is really wasting offensive production with him batting 4th. I honestly wouldn't be opposed to batting him leadoff right now.

I would do this:
    1. Shumaker RF
    2. Votto 1B
    3. Hamilton CF
    4. Pena C
    5. Frazier 3B
    6. Phillips 2B
    7. Ludwick RF
    8. Cozart SS
    9. Pitcher

If Leake's pitching though, I honestly wouldn't be opposed to switching him to 8th and Cozart 9th.

vCash
    One other problem I have right now with the Reds is that I feel like they're trying to sell players to fans more than a winning team. Fans want Phillips, he's still here. Fans want Heisey, he's still here. Sorry, but neither of these players are very good. Heisey shouldn't ever be anything more than a 4th OFer and Phillips honestly shouldn't be here after all he's done, said, and performed.

The Cardinals fired Walt Jocketty and they've been to multiple WS since. I feel like he can't do anything with this team in terms of making them better. He's too content with just being "ok" instead of wanting to win it all.

vCash
    One other problem I have right now with the Reds is that I feel like they're trying to sell players to fans more than a winning team. Fans want Phillips, he's still here. Fans want Heisey, he's still here. Sorry, but neither of these players are very good. Heisey shouldn't ever be anything more than a 4th OFer and Phillips honestly shouldn't be here after all he's done, said, and performed.

The Cardinals fired Walt Jocketty and they've been to multiple WS since. I feel like he can't do anything with this team in terms of making them better. He's too content with just being "ok" instead of wanting to win it all.
    Your exactly right... However you didn't mention Votto and Bailey.... The two highest overpaid Reds. Sure Votto is productive but not for the amount of money they pay him. Phillips is productive and IMO one of the top 5 second basemans in baseball. He can hit anywhere in the lineup. Heisey...... I have no idea why we have him.

All that said, we draft well and groom young players too. Just would like to see us get out of them what we can and when they peak..... trade them! (Votto). We would have made a killing on him after his MVP year and could have upgraded in 3 other positions.

vCash

Phillips should still be and deserves to still be here. Heisey is the 4th OF when we are healthy. The Bailey signing is the one thing I've hated, from the day it got done until now. He's an average pitcher, nothing more than a number 3 and I would've much rather seen Latos or Cueto given that money. I think the Bailey signing is one of the worst in baseball in a while and will set the franchise back a bit.

''Sig by Johnle''

vCash
    Health is the main issue right now. If we can get healthy this lineup is very good.

1. CF Hamilton
    2. 2B Phillips
    3. 1B Votto
    4. C Mesoraco
    5. RF Bruce
    6. 3B Frazier
    7. LF Ludwick
    8. SS Cozart

I've actually been pretty impressed with Hamilton, he's gotten better as the years gone on and creates runs by himself. Phillips has been our most consistent hitter this year. Joey Votto is Joey Votto. Mesoraco has been nothing short of amazing at the plate. Bruce hasn't been healthy all year, hopefully he returns to form once he returns from the DL. Frazier is quietly having a very good year at the plate and in the field. Ludwick is very streaky but not bad for a 7th hitter. People bash Cozart but there aren't many good hitting SS's around the league, he actually has more pop than most, he's a also a very good and very underrated fielder. That's a very good lineup from top to bottom IMO, it sucks we haven't seen everyone together yet.

''Sig by Johnle''

vCash
    Health is the main issue right now. If we can get healthy this lineup is very good.

1. CF Hamilton
    2. 2B Phillips
    3. 1B Votto
    4. C Mesoraco
    5. RF Bruce
    6. 3B Frazier
    7. LF Ludwick
    8. SS Cozart

I've actually been pretty impressed with Hamilton, he's gotten better as the years gone on and creates runs by himself. Phillips has been our most consistent hitter this year. Joey Votto is Joey Votto. Mesoraco has been nothing short of amazing at the plate. Bruce hasn't been healthy all year, hopefully he returns to form once he returns from the DL. Frazier is quietly having a very good year at the plate and in the field. Ludwick is very streaky but not bad for a 7th hitter. People bash Cozart but there aren't many good hitting SS's around the league, he actually has more pop than most, he's a also a very good and very underrated fielder. That's a very good lineup from top to bottom IMO, it sucks we haven't seen everyone together yet.
    I like that lineup..

vCash
    Phillips should still be and deserves to still be here. Heisey is the 4th OF when we are healthy. The Bailey signing is the one thing I've hated, from the day it got done until now. He's an average pitcher, nothing more than a number 3 and I would've much rather seen Latos or Cueto given that money. I think the Bailey signing is one of the worst in baseball in a while and will set the franchise back a bit.
    why should Phillips still be here? I seriously don't understand why so many people like him. He's not a good hitter, and he seems like a little punk who's more concerned about photo-bombing than his hitting. He's contract is holding the Reds back more than Bailey's is.

If you look into advanced stats, that's actually Bailey's market value. He's off to a rough start but he'll come around.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast