Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 67
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    "In a Champion State of Mind"
    Posts
    3,099
    vCash
    1500

    Newest Rumor...Tom Thibodeau, Carmelo Anthony Both Headed To Los Angeles?

    The Los Angeles Lakers likely won’t make a final decision on a new head coach anytime soon. The storied franchise will continue to weigh options with the NBA draft lottery approaching on May 20 and the 2014 NBA draft to follow soon on June 26.

    Even though the team is in no hurry to hire a new head coach, one name has surfaced as a possibility that could potentially be a game-changer for the struggling franchise. The Lakers still need to be granted permission to talk to Tom Thibodeau, but reports have surfaced that GM Mitch Kupchak and company are expected to pursue the Chicago Bulls head coach.

    Interestingly enough, free-agent-to-be Carmelo Anthony and Thibodeau have something in common sharing the Creative Arts Agency. David Haugh of The Chicago Tribune speculates that the agency would prefer to have both clients in Los Angeles:


    The longer Thibodeau stays silent, the more people will suspect he has interest in the Lakers or was aware of the rumor being floated — which might be unfair but part of the perception-is-reality world in which we live. It only took two phone calls on this story before a league source wondered whether Creative Arts Agency — which represents Thibodeau and free-agent Carmelo Anthony — would prefer their clients collaborate in Los Angeles instead of Chicago.







    http://www.lakersnation.com/lakers-r...es/2014/05/04/
    ...A Dynasty A Cometh... 1225

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    "In a Champion State of Mind"
    Posts
    3,099
    vCash
    1500
    This double coup would be "A SPLASH" ....and instantly will make us contenders again...after adding Gasol back and a star rookie..

    ...A Dynasty A Cometh... 1225

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    22,231
    vCash
    1500

    Newest Rumor...Tom Thibodeau, Carmelo Anthony Both Headed To Los Angeles?

    no thanks. It's gonna cost us our pick. Wait for love next year
    Last edited by still1ballin; 05-04-2014 at 04:37 PM.
    VIVA CROONER!



  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    5,414
    vCash
    1500
    This really depends on what happens May 20th. If we get a lotto pick around 7 or 8, we're most likely going to want to trade it.

    If the Lakers are so intent on Thibs, and Kobe feels THibs can get him and Melo (and then Love next yr) to mesh defensively, and if those guys are confident in figuring it out offensively, then might as well trade the pick for Thibs.



    But again Rocco, master of speculation, this rumor is just that......SPECULATION!!!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Paris
    Posts
    15,379
    vCash
    1500
    Agree with the realist, that is just speculation

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    22,231
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by P&GRealist View Post
    This really depends on what happens May 20th. If we get a lotto pick around 7 or 8, we're most likely going to want to trade it.

    If the Lakers are so intent on Thibs, and Kobe feels THibs can get him and Melo (and then Love next yr) to mesh defensively, and if those guys are confident in figuring it out offensively, then might as well trade the pick for Thibs.



    But again Rocco, master of speculation, this rumor is just that......SPECULATION!!!
    nothing is imminent
    VIVA CROONER!



  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    That Farm House, There.
    Posts
    2,431
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by still1ballin View Post
    nothing is imminent
    except these tittays

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    28,753
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Jones:28428717
    Quote Originally Posted by still1ballin View Post
    nothing is imminent
    except these tittays
    And you sucking me.


    Free As Seagull.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    15,569
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by P&GRealist View Post
    This really depends on what happens May 20th. If we get a lotto pick around 7 or 8, we're most likely going to want to trade it.

    If the Lakers are so intent on Thibs, and Kobe feels THibs can get him and Melo (and then Love next yr) to mesh defensively, and if those guys are confident in figuring it out offensively, then might as well trade the pick for Thibs.



    But again Rocco, master of speculation, this rumor is just that......SPECULATION!!!
    Rumor = speculation this site is based on that.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    north of the Wall
    Posts
    640
    vCash
    500
    Not going to make a difference when Kobe gets hurt again.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    9,462
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by crunch time View Post
    not going to make a difference when kobe gets hurt again.
    truth

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    276
    vCash
    1500
    Say lakers score a top 3 pick in draft lottery....could they flip that and Nash contract for 29yr old Noah and Thibs? Bulls say No? Lakers say no? What if was first overall pick?

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,485
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by EL Captain View Post
    Say lakers score a top 3 pick in draft lottery....could they flip that and Nash contract for 29yr old Noah and Thibs? Bulls say No? Lakers say no? What if was first overall pick?
    Bulls say no. Doubt they part woth Noah

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    276
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Pakman View Post
    Bulls say no. Doubt they part woth Noah
    You probably right...probably a pipe dream but boy a lineup of Noah,Gasol,Anthony,Kobe with Thibs at coach would be best case scenario for next year although highly unlikely

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,427
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocco007 View Post
    The Los Angeles Lakers likely won’t make a final decision on a new head coach anytime soon. The storied franchise will continue to weigh options with the NBA draft lottery approaching on May 20 and the 2014 NBA draft to follow soon on June 26.

    Even though the team is in no hurry to hire a new head coach, one name has surfaced as a possibility that could potentially be a game-changer for the struggling franchise. The Lakers still need to be granted permission to talk to Tom Thibodeau, but reports have surfaced that GM Mitch Kupchak and company are expected to pursue the Chicago Bulls head coach.

    Interestingly enough, free-agent-to-be Carmelo Anthony and Thibodeau have something in common sharing the Creative Arts Agency. David Haugh of The Chicago Tribune speculates that the agency would prefer to have both clients in Los Angeles:


    The longer Thibodeau stays silent, the more people will suspect he has interest in the Lakers or was aware of the rumor being floated — which might be unfair but part of the perception-is-reality world in which we live. It only took two phone calls on this story before a league source wondered whether Creative Arts Agency — which represents Thibodeau and free-agent Carmelo Anthony — would prefer their clients collaborate in Los Angeles instead of Chicago.







    http://www.lakersnation.com/lakers-r...es/2014/05/04/
    I'm a Chicago Bears fan; so I can provide insight on the source. David Haugh is one of the most negative sports writers in Chicago. He writes a lot of "worst case scenario" type articles.

    I'm personally not putting much stock in it. Also, I don't want to spend a top 10 pick on a coach.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •