Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 46 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Offseason Thread v20: Mullets, Trannies, and tOSU Bashing

Go.
    How I Feel reading Cliff Stein's Contracts:

vCash
    To DB's point Hageman won't be able to start from day 1 which is something Emery wants with his 1st rounders which again makes me think safety.

Chicago Bears Mock Offseason Champion

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaBear View Post
    To DB's point Hageman won't be able to start from day 1 which is something Emery wants with his 1st rounders which again makes me think safety.
    TBH, I don't think Kyle Long was ready to start day 1 either. The difference was just that there was no one else on the roster of any prior value to really block him. Just going off of his two prior 1st Rd picks, I think Hageman, Donald, Barr, and Gilbert are really the only ones that fit need, range, and the mold of plus athlete. Roby is close but I don't know if he has the size Phil wants. I could easily envision Hageman being the only one left from that group.

vCash
    What Emery wants and what he's drafted conflict.

Hageman is a perfect fit for an Emery-type pick. He's exactly like Shea and Long - guys with good measureables and "project" players from schools that aren't traditionally strong players on the national scene. Like BCB said, Kyle absolutely, unquestionably, was not ready to start this year. He didn't know what the hell he was really doing until Week 8-9 (even technique-wise, I think Kyle wasn't quite there until the middle of the season).

If we're drafting someone who's going to come in and make an immediate impact, I don't think we're going to find the guy we want in this draft. If we're looking for someone who can, with the right coaching, be a stud in the league, I think there are a lot of options that are in our range. This draft has tons of players with incredible talent, but it's lacking in serious, immediate superstars IMO (and that's not a bad thing - I don't think it's a stretch to say this might be one of the best draft classes since I've been alive when all is said and done).

vCash
    Yeah I'm not disagreeing that he is a likely option cause he is, but I don't know how pleased I'd be with him at 14. If we do get him I'm glad Ratliff & Allen will be there to motivate him along with coach Pasq.

BCB what's your opinion on Tuitt? I think him and Hageman are comparable, but I think Tuitt would add more pass rush from the 3-tech since he is a bit quicker than Hageman.

vCash
    Let's go Danza!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by db75 View Post
    What Emery wants and what he's drafted conflict.

Hageman is a perfect fit for an Emery-type pick. He's exactly like Shea and Long - guys with good measureables and "project" players from schools that aren't traditionally strong players on the national scene. Like BCB said, Kyle absolutely, unquestionably, was not ready to start this year. He didn't know what the hell he was really doing until Week 8-9 (even technique-wise, I think Kyle wasn't quite there until the middle of the season).

If we're drafting someone who's going to come in and make an immediate impact, I don't think we're going to find the guy we want in this draft. If we're looking for someone who can, with the right coaching, be a stud in the league, I think there are a lot of options that are in our range. This draft has tons of players with incredible talent, but it's lacking in serious, immediate superstars IMO (and that's not a bad thing - I don't think it's a stretch to say this might be one of the best draft classes since I've been alive when all is said and done).
    WR & CB are definitely the best I've seen. You can probably get starters in the 4th for both positions.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jp611 View Post
    Let's go Danza!
    California Crome!

vCash
    California Chrome easily.

vCash
    Yeah I'm not disagreeing that he is a likely option cause he is, but I don't know how pleased I'd be with him at 14. If we do get him I'm glad Ratliff & Allen will be there to motivate him along with coach Pasq.

BCB what's your opinion on Tuitt? I think him and Hageman are comparable, but I think Tuitt would add more pass rush from the 3-tech since he is a bit quicker than Hageman.
    I'm jumping in on this for 2 things:

1. I doubt anyone's going to have to worry about Hageman's motor (assuming that's where you're going with that).

2. I agree on Tuitt. If we managed a trade down and could do something like Dennard/Roby, Tuitt, *best DB available*, I'd be stoked.

vCash
    I'm jumping in on this for 2 things:

1. I doubt anyone's going to have to worry about Hageman's motor (assuming that's where you're going with that).

2. I agree on Tuitt. If we managed a trade down and could do something like Dennard/Roby, Tuitt, *best DB available*, I'd be stoked.
    Yeah I meant more in general for any D-lineman we draft that having the veteran players and Pasq should help.

Motor isn't really a problem for Hageman. IMO his main issues are pad level, letting OGs getting into him (needs to extend his arms better), getting his base wider, and his eyes. He hasn't played DT for too long and it is pretty obvious on a lot of plays cause he has no clue who has the ball a lot of times and struggles to diagnose.

vCash
    Yeah I meant more in general for any D-lineman we draft that having the veteran players and Pasq should help.

Motor isn't really a problem for Hageman. IMO his main issues are pad level, letting OGs getting into him (needs to extend his arms better), getting his base wider, and his eyes. He hasn't played DT for too long and it is pretty obvious on a lot of plays cause he has no clue who has the ball a lot of times and struggles to diagnose.

Gotcha. Hageman's always going to have problems with technique IMO. He gets by on athleticism alone. If he can get someone to teach him to sink his damn hips and read plays through the OL vs over the OL, he'll be just fine (and very well could be a freaking monster).

vCash
    Gotcha. Hageman's always going to have problems with technique IMO. He gets by on athleticism alone. If he can get someone to teach him to sink his damn hips and read plays through the OL vs over the OL, he'll be just fine (and very well could be a freaking monster).
    Yeah it bothers me when I see him just standing straight up with his legs close together getting driven off the ball. Like you said he has the talent and size to be a Richard Seymour caliber player he just needs to put it together.

It just sucks that Tuitt couldn't do anything besides bench press at the combine cause I think he would've ran in the 4.8 range and jumped pretty well. Technique wise I think he's ahead of Hageman and is 4 years younger. Even at 14 I'd probably take Tuitt before Hageman, but that's just me.

vCash
    He's 3 years younger. He's going to be 21 in a few weeks. Ra'Shede'll be 24 in August.

vCash
    I'd disagree with that, as I don't really feel like we really have much competition 3t... If we get Hageman, he will start... even if it isn't pretty.

At any rate, my final thoughts before the draft on players I'd be most happy with, at each round.

Rnd 1: Donald-DT, Hageman-DT, Pryor-FS

Rnds 2-3: Buccannon-FS/SS, Daquan Jones-DT, Ego Ferguson-DT, SJB-CB(or Safety), Pierre Desir-CB(or safety), Jimmie Ward-FS

Rnds 4-5: Ahmad Dixon-SS (his mocks are all over the damn place, as early as 2nd round, as late as 6-7th), Ed Reynolds-FS, Dri Archer-WR/RB, DAT-WR/RB, Maqueston Huff-FS

Rnds 6-6.5: Colt Lyerla-TE, value target that fell, punter, backup RB.

I'm thinking much more positionally, and I ideally want to come out of this draft with the following

DT-2, FS-1, SS-1, CB-1
    Last edited by Epyon; 05-03-2014 at 07:11 PM.

Page 1 of 46 12311 ... LastLast