Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Should the bulls gut their team for melo

Mario Persico

Sam: I think you misunderstood. I have written many times I like Anthony and would be all for acquiring him. The point is the Bulls have at least three times in free agency been used by players for leverage and I see little difference again. To open up the salary space for someone like Anthony the Bulls would likely have to dump one or both of their draft picks, Boozer, Augustin or Hinrich and Dunleavy or Gibson. And then Anthony would still not know if Derrick Rose is healthy enough. So there you are now waiting for Anthony to sign with you. Would he do that and, by the way, accept $30 million less even if you can pay him the maximum? Can you afford to trust a player who forced his way out of Denver and then pledged his future allegiance to the Knicks, but after just one poor season riddled with injuries he’s willing to walk out on them after they gave up half their roster to get him and featured him in everything they have done. And his wife has said publicly she wants to stay in New York. So you are going to drop five potential roster regulars for that chance in a summer with no other top free agents to basically recoup? That Anthony after every other free agent has ignored Chicago would be the one to come under those circumstances when you have to again give up four or five pieces to get him? I have no real information on Mirotic as I have not seen him play and do not expect him to be a starter when he does come to the NBA

Alex Pauley

Sam: That, of course, is a most unlikely proposition if you know anything about Phil Jackson. I expect we’ll hear these sort of scenarios for months that benefit the Bulls and “give the other guy something.” Ever hear if it sounds too good to be true… then it isn’t? Phil Jackson isn’t about rebuilding, and certainly not going on 69 years old this summer. He couldn’t care less the Knicks have no picks. When he was with the Bulls how many rookies do you ever remember playing major roles? Phil may try a sign and trade with Anthony, and one thing I can see if the Rockets lose in the first round is given they have Asik and that Howard doesn’t score that much more, anyway, I see Phil perhaps trying for Howard for Anthony. I doubt Houston would do that, but that’s what you’ll see from the Knicks if they don’t retain Anthony. Not expiring contracts and reserves. New York is about stars. Plus, they have a shot at LeBron next summer if they hang onto ‘Melo; not if they lose him. So Phil’s got to get a star if he loses Anthony. I’ve heard this one: The Knicks get Noah and the Bulls get Tyson Chandler, a good expiring deal so they can go after Kevin Love next year, and Iman Shumpert, who is from Chicago and a good defender who Thibs would like and Pablo Prigioni, a good backup point if they lose Augustin and Hinrich. The Bulls gets three for one. How could they pass on that? Oh, right, they give up the only good player in the deal. Just what the Knicks might be thinking regarding Anthony.

http://www.nba.com/bulls/news/ask-sa...-05022014.html

well bulls fans I hate to say I told you so

my original proposal was mirotic butler Gibson 2 first and you guys called me crazy well it looks like even my proposal might not even be enough for phil to even think about the sign and trade
    C:\Users\sunny\Pictures\combine_images.jpg
    #tanknation

vCash
    No. They shouldn't have to and that would make signing Melo useless.

Dumb and dumber

vCash
    Yes

vCash
    Seems like an *** load of speculation to me but, way to pat yourself on the back with a half hearted artcle assuming a bunch of possible outcomes.

The best part was saying we may lose Mike D or Gibson lmao. Really is that some sort of choice we would make? I'd pack Mikes bags personally that's not even a question.

vCash
    The Bulls are a good team but they need an impact player to take the next step, Melo could be that player.
    With the deepest of regrets I am announcing that I will be leaving Pro Sports Daily. No reason in particular but wanted to thank everyone for a great 6 years here. Lots of great discussion and good poll series as well. Also fun re-drafts. Best of luck to you all in the future.

vCash
    If they can amnesty Boozer and trade Taj then with only a few small tweaks they could make Melo a legit offer.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by northsider View Post
    Seems like an *** load of speculation to me but, way to pat yourself on the back with a half hearted artcle assuming a bunch of possible outcomes.

The best part was saying we may lose Mike D or Gibson lmao. Really is that some sort of choice we would make? I'd pack Mikes bags personally that's not even a question.
    did you just ignore the whole article my point to these brain dead bulls fans were it's a sign an trade pj is not accepting trash in return if we do trade him to the bulls
    I will bet if melo goes to the rockets we would get harden or d12 in return idk why you guys think the team trying to get melo would have any leverage or you guys would get him for scraps
    #tanknation

vCash
    Yes, just like the Knicks did to get him from Denver. See how wonderfully that turned out!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NBA_Starter View Post
    If they can amnesty Boozer and trade Taj then with only a few small tweaks they could make Melo a legit offer.
    lmao easier said than done nobody is helping the bulls get melo they would just wait for in season to trade for said players why help them get melo if they don't get melo they would want to unload Gibson anyway or other contracts to go after love lmao
    #tanknation

vCash
    It would be tough for the bulls to move boozer they would have to amnesty him. If I'm the bulls, I don't want to give up Gibson or dunleavy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by east fb knicks View Post
    did you just ignore the whole article my point to these brain dead bulls fans were it's a sign an trade pj is not accepting trash in return if we do trade him to the bulls
    I will bet if melo goes to the rockets we would get harden or d12 in return idk why you guys think the team trying to get melo would have any leverage or you guys would get him for scraps
    And you call Bulls fans braindead

Asik, Lin, Parsons, and picks will be the best you get if NY does a sign and trade.
    Broncos be like:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by east fb knicks View Post
    Yes that seems super realistic.

vCash
    When people learn that Melo is just not a winner? They're better off waiting to try to make a splash for KD.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by flclfanman View Post
    And you call Bulls fans braindead

Asik, Lin, Parsons, and picks will be the best you get if NY does a sign and trade.
    first off dude in the article brought up d12 for melo
    2nd the rockets are in a fkd up position if they want melo they would have to unload both of asik lin and parsons
    while that doesn't sound to bad remember they screwed themselves with those poison pill contracts nobody is paying 30 mill for asik and lin
    #tanknation

vCash
    Mind you I don't think we land Melo at all. Of course we'd be stupid to not express interest but, it's just not likely.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast