Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Howard respect back?

Had Dwight Howard gained anyone's respect back during these playoffs? He has been balling and aside from game one, his free throws are actually falling. Houston is down 3-2 but he has done everything right IMO and has no blame to this point, unlike harden who has been piss poor.

Thoughts?
    Texans Time is here!

vCash
    He has been a horse, there's no doubt about it. Robin Lopez isn't what I would consider a great defender though. For that matter, none of the Portland bigs are good defenders.

Dwight is doing what he has to do though. Good for him.

vCash

Howard respect back?

Respect as a player he had from me way earlier.

Respect as a human being still pending

vCash
    He has always been a beast.... Its just you forget that when he starts talking

What was meant for me will be Mine once again... THE CHAMP OF CHAMPS IS BACK

vCash
    nah

vCash
    Get out of the 1st round first.

vCash
    I've been impressed by his play. it is mostly single coverage against Lopez, but his moves still look fluid.

the true test will come when he has to pass out of double teams every possession, not just in minute bunches where he can find his rhythm. there's also an argument that solidifying howard this series has taken away from Hardens game and Houstons ball movement, but whatever.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    He has always been a beast.... Its just you forget that when he starts talking
    I don't even think it's so much when he starts talking as some of his antics. The smiling and joking around really rubs people the wrong way and I don't particularly care for the pregame festivities of jumping around in the huddle and dancing, I feel as if it's more for high school or college, but if he's going to play like this I don't care what he does.

vCash
    Yea he's really great.

vCash
    Portland is focusing on taking away Harden and it is working... they really don't care if D12 gets his... stopping Harden is the key to winning the series

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinylman View Post
    Portland is focusing on taking away Harden and it is working... they really don't care if D12 gets his... stopping Harden is the key to winning the series
    x2. but in fairness to dwight he's taken full advantage and i've never seen his post moves look so decisive. i also noticed that that stupid look isn't on his face anymore and that he's finally approaching the game like a man. he's playing with a sense of urgency and I respect that, even if it's within the context of a defensive game plan that will let him get his.

vCash
    Dwight has been great this series.. I' m still waiting for Harden to wake up, he's been extremely underwhelming.. I thought he would have picked it up by now.. and tonight's a good a time as any to do it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruno View Post
    x2. but in fairness to dwight he's taken full advantage and i've never seen his post moves look so decisive. i also noticed that that stupid look isn't on his face anymore and that he's finally approaching the game like a man. he's playing with a sense of urgency and I respect that, even if it's within the context of a defensive game plan that will let him get his.
    He has definitely capitalized but will it matter in terms of advancing... They can still win... but the formula to beat Houston is pretty well established... of course shutting Harden down already proved an effective strategy in the finals a couple of years ago

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinylman View Post
    He has definitely capitalized but will it matter in terms of advancing... They can still win... but the formula to beat Houston is pretty well established... of course shutting Harden down already proved an effective strategy in the finals a couple of years ago
    I know. i'm just saying I've been extremely critical of him and he has impressed me. he looks like a different person than the player who quit on the Lakers in game four during last years sweep. but yeah, him and the rest of houston will still get bashed into oblivion if they lose this series.

...i still don't think he'll return to his orlando level of statistical dominance in any sample size longer than just one or two series.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BenFrank View Post
    Dwight has been great this series.. I' m still waiting for Harden to wake up, he's been extremely underwhelming.. I thought he would have picked it up by now.. and tonight's a good a time as any to do it
    Batum and Matthews say hello

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast