Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Grade for the 2011 draft

McKenzie just said that it takes three seasons to know what you've got. Since everyone is bored beyond reason waiting for the draft, lets take a look back and grade the 2011 draft. Give me a number grade, 1-10, with 1 being awful and 10 being magnificent.

Well, what do we have?

2. Stefen Wisniewski, C, Penn State
    3a. DeMarcus Van ****, CB, Miami
    3b. Joseph Barksdale, T, LSU
    4a. Chimdi Chekwa, CB, Ohio State
    4b. Taiwan Jones, RB, Eastern Washington
    5. Denarius Moore, WR, Tennessee
    6. Richard Gordon, TE Miami
    7. David Ausberry, WR, USC

We traded away the #17 pick in round one in the Richard Seymour deal.

We traded 2011 seventh round pick (#219-Malcolm Williams), 2012 second round pick (#48-Tavon Wilson) to Patriots for 2011 third round pick (#92-Joseph Barksdale), 2011 fourth round pick (#125-Taiwan Jones)....could have had Russell Wilson or Nick Foles at #48 in 2012.

Al's last draft was not a good one. We got a pretty good offensive lineman, a very good special teams player, a terrible corner, a question mark at wide receiver and a bigger question mark at TE. Frankly, by this time next year, we might not have anything to show for this draft, other than Jones....who is strictly a special teams guy, albeit a very good one.

Big fat F....I'd give it a 3, at best.

What do you guys think?

-Stork

vCash
    Well, we ended up with a starting o-lineman (Wiz), a good special teams player (Jones), a #3/4 WR (Moore) and a marginal CB (Chekwa) and TE (Ausberry - please, no comments about his potential, it's been 3 years). Is that an "F"? Maybe not, but it's not far away. Just curious, do you think Wiz will be gone next year? I think we'll end up with only Wiz and Jones, maybe by the end of training camp this year. (Moore would be traded, the rest released.)

vCash
    No clue about Wiz....this time last year, I thought keeping Veldheer was a no brainer.

3 is too low you think? Maybe, we did get a solid starter, and Jones is a very good special teamer. I might be persuaded to 4, but no higher.

-Stork

vCash
    I'd give it a C- Primarily because Seymour ended up just being a waste.

The PSD's Official Steve Nash Support Crew, Members: R4L

vCash
    D-

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

vCash
    Iíd give it a 3 overall. We hit on Wiz who I think is a pretty solid Center, and Iíll give Ausberry a pass since he was scheduled to be the starter last year but got injured and didnít get to show what he could do. D. Moore has played up to the expectations of a 5th rounder but nothing more IMO. The rest of those names are making me sick knowing we wasted those picks. What a waste

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by themadstork View Post
    No clue about Wiz....this time last year, I thought keeping Veldheer was a no brainer.

3 is too low you think? Maybe, we did get a solid starter, and Jones is a very good special teamer. I might be persuaded to 4, but no higher.

-Stork
    It's splitting hairs - no matter how you look at it, it's the type of draft we had basically every year and the reason the roster was so bad. Hell, compared to other years, 2011 would be one of the better drafts...that's sad to write.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Knucklesnet View Post
    Iíd give it a 3 overall. We hit on Wiz who I think is a pretty solid Center, and Iíll give Ausberry a pass since he was scheduled to be the starter last year but got injured and didnít get to show what he could do. D. Moore has played up to the expectations of a 5th rounder but nothing more IMO. The rest of those names are making me sick knowing we wasted those picks. What a waste
    You're more generous than me regarding Ausberry, I'm tired of hearing what he could/might do. I don't think he's ever going to amount to anything.

vCash
    Wiz - Chekwa - Jones - Moore - Ausberry

All still with the team.
    Last edited by Wolfe-Raider; 05-02-2014 at 05:08 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raidaz4Life View Post
    I'd give it a C- Primarily because Seymour ended up just being a waste.
    If you include the opportunity cost of who we could have drafted in place of Seymour, it just makes this worse.

vCash

All because of Wiz though. Only one legit starter, unless you count special teams. The grade could be higher if Ausberry actually stays on the field & does something, or Moore gets back to his rookie year.

Another lost draft regardless. Real disappointing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe-Raider View Post
    Wiz - Chekwa - Jones - Moore - Ausberry

All still with the team.
    Pretty much what I would give. 3 points for Wiz for a good starter. Not a pro powler so cant give him more then that. .5 each for Jones(good special teamer) and Moore(one good season. High drop rate though). .25 each for Chekwa and Auberry(potential and back up players. Still on roster)
    Raiders Keith McGill

PSD Mock Draft Raiders GM
    1st Anothony Barr OLB UCLA
    2nd Dominique Easley DT University of Florida
    3rd Antonio Richardson, OT, Tennessee
    4th Bashaud Breeland, CB, Clemson
    4th Jordan Zumwalt ILB/OLB UCLA
    5th Justin Ellis, DT, Louisiana Tech
    5th Richard Rodgers, TE, California
    5th Vinnie Sunseri, S, Alabama
    6th Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska
    7th Terrance Mitchell, CB, Oregon
    7th Keith Wenning, QB, Ball State

vCash
    C-

And you are what your record says you are.
    Sure liked the two years before DA and RM 1 game away from playoffs.
    And some say we are better off today.

vCash
    3.14....easy as pi....

vCash
    Didn't we also draft Pryor in the third round of the supplemental draft in 2011 he should be on that list perhaps. Or is he technically a 2012 because it cost us a third in 2012.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast