Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

More Jackson news

Decided to make a new thread for this because it seems to be escalating,

Bolded the important parts.

Full article here; http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...yoffs/8598059/

"I know there are people that want to speed up the (growth) process," Jackson said, his words certainly appearing to be aimed at the team's ownership and management. "(But) this is who we are. Part of the process is going through things, learning how to be consistent. I'm proud of my guys. It's been an incredible, incredible ride.

"Now against a three‑seed with two of the top 10 players in the world and a future Hall of Fame coach (in Doc Rivers), we are going to Game 7 in spite of all the sideline music. And I like my chances, because I've got a group of guys that want to do whatever it takes to win."
    "The way that this team conducts itself, in spite of everything that we've gone through, all the lies, all the adversity, all the sources, I could not be prouder, because what we are doing collectively speaks against it," Jackson said. "Somebody's lying."

"You get the feel that no matter what happens, our coach won't be our coach next year," Warriors center Jermaine O'Neal said after the win. "You just get that feel. But we are willing to give all we've got for this group, for that coach, and hopefully whatever that will and whatever we've given is good enough to take us as far as we should go."

"Winning is hard, and hopefully everybody that supports this organization, that runs this organization, understands just how hard it is to win," he continued. "And if you get a group that's a good group that loves each other, that fights for each other, and can get a head coach (where) you see Jarrett Jack speaking about now from another situation, don't take that for granted because 51 wins can go to 31.

"You know, chemistry is everything, and we'll just keep fighting and find a way."
    Last edited by Goose17; 05-02-2014 at 03:33 PM.

vCash
    O'Neal hit it on the head for me.

And I am now convinced someone higher up has it in for Jackson, with all the rumours and info that was leaked which made Jackson look bad etc.

The players love Jackson and we played .600 ball this year. So something else is definitely going on, someone is leaking that stuff to the media and someone, as Jackson said, is lying. Someone wants him gone. There's some sort of ****ed up political side to all of this, something beyond basketball and doing what's right for the team.

vCash
    This is terrible timing as well, can't have this burdening our players and coach in the most important game of the year.

vCash
    Lacob should re-sign Jackson and he made a mistake by not doing it in the beginning of the year. This drama could've been avoided if he re-signed him in September.

she says go for the championship

vCash
    For someone so highly touted for building businesses and hiring strategically, Mr. Lacob has really bungled the handling of Mark Jackson. The FO needs to step up and show loyalty to this coach. He's been good for the organization despite all of the distractions and disloyalty..

The Warriors need to show some loyalty to Mark Jackson, and next year bring in an offensive minded lead assistant, bring in a penetrating floor general who can shoot the basketball, and move on.

vCash
    Are you two ready to admit that he's not coming back this year?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by colgatekiller View Post
    Are you two ready to admit that he's not coming back this year?
    Are you ready to admit most of the rumours are just that, rumours. And that somebody on the inside has it in for him and that the Erman and Scal situation wasn't his fault?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goose17 View Post
    Are you ready to admit most of the rumours are just that, rumours. And that somebody on the inside has it in for him and that the Erman and Scal situation wasn't his fault?
    Ive never said any of that was his fault. My view was simply that all signs point to him not being here next year, so yes I'll admit that Erman and Scal wasn't his fault. The evidence seems to point that someone has it in for him, but only time will tell whats really going on. We've only heard vague remarks by Jackson and not the other side of it yet.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goose17 View Post
    This is terrible timing as well, can't have this burdening our players and coach in the most important game of the year.
    Agreed that timing is poor. Jackson did kinda of force the issue earlier in the year in an attempt to get resigned (which is understandable) and I think that led to more issues. Which most likely will end in him not being resigned. Now it's just been dragged out back and forth.

vCash
    Jackson should have been the bigger man and reached out to Scal and Erman.

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS
    "From the stomach at birth, till I'm under the earth."

#DUBSUP

vCash

More Jackson news

Agree with what O'Neal said. Would be a huge mistake to let him go IMO

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by COOLbeans View Post
    For someone so highly touted for building businesses and hiring strategically, Mr. Lacob has really bungled the handling of Mark Jackson. The FO needs to step up and show loyalty to this coach. He's been good for the organization despite all of the distractions and disloyalty..

The Warriors need to show some loyalty to Mark Jackson, and next year bring in an offensive minded lead assistant, bring in a penetrating floor general who can shoot the basketball, and move on.
    warriors problems are not lack of talent or specific personel- they need a coach who is going to have them ready to play all 82 games a year. Most of the games they have lost have been games where the warriors had the talent on the roster to win.

Once in a while weird things are gonna happen and an inferrior team is going to play out of their minds and beat the better team. I really think it happened far to often this year for the warriors. ALso, I dont think it was a case of the inferrior team playing super will a lot of the time- warriors players were not ready to go. They have even phoned it in a few times on the offensive end in the current play off series.

I think Oneal likes jackson a lot because oneal likes to isolate and play inefficient offensive basketball- but oneal also doesnt have a championship despite being on a lot of great teams.

If the coaching staff cant get a team with the gifted passers of curry, Lee, Iggy and bogut to stop playing iso ball- .... well its not longer a process. tonight is win or go home. I hope the team doesnt go out and get outworked to a team like the clippers who have a habbit of losing int he first round
    A role model if I ever knew one

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lincecum=future View Post
    Agree with what O'Neal said. Would be a huge mistake to let him go IMO
    LOL- lets see how bad oneal wants jackson back- if oneal sits out this game- its clear he isnt concerned with the team losing and hurting jacksons chance of coming back.

I got news for you- paul has been fighting a hamstring injury this whole series but he hasnt missed a single game. There are a lot of posters on here who say it is foolish to play through hamstring pain- but guys on other teams are doing in for the sake of winning basketball games. Goose- please dont respond saying that pauls injury is less severe than david lees or iggys this yr.
    A role model if I ever knew one

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    warriors problems are not lack of talent or specific personel- they need a coach who is going to have them ready to play all 82 games a year. Most of the games they have lost have been games where the warriors had the talent on the roster to win.

Once in a while weird things are gonna happen and an inferrior team is going to play out of their minds and beat the better team. I really think it happened far to often this year for the warriors. ALso, I dont think it was a case of the inferrior team playing super will a lot of the time- warriors players were not ready to go. They have even phoned it in a few times on the offensive end in the current play off series.

I think Oneal likes jackson a lot because oneal likes to isolate and play inefficient offensive basketball- but oneal also doesnt have a championship despite being on a lot of great teams.

If the coaching staff cant get a team with the gifted passers of curry, Lee, Iggy and bogut to stop playing iso ball- .... well its not longer a process. tonight is win or go home. I hope the team doesnt go out and get outworked to a team like the clippers who have a habbit of losing int he first round
    The Mavs have a very good team this year (they've pushed the Spurs to 7 games), they have a far better bench than us and even more proven veterans...and yet Dallas has a worse record than Golden State. Has Dallas underperformed? And why isn't Rick Carlisle's job at risk like Jackson's? I'm sure they lost some games they thought they should've won.

Mark Cuban knows better than to fire a coach like Carlisle despite finishing in the 8th seed. Judge Jackson off of these playoffs. That's the smartest thing.

vCash
    So Stylez, why do you think warriors players sit out for the same injuries other guys tend to play?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast