Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who Do You Want As Next Lakers Head Coach?

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mike Woodson

0 0%
  • Mike Dunleavy Sr.

0 0%
  • Brian Shaw

1 1.85%
  • Derek Fisher

5 9.26%
  • Tom Thibodeau

16 29.63%
  • Kevin Ollie

13 24.07%
  • John Calipari

0 0%
  • Byron Scott

4 7.41%
  • Kurt Rambis

1 1.85%
  • Lionel Hollins

1 1.85%
  • Michael Cooper

1 1.85%
  • Steve Kerr

2 3.70%
  • Stan Van Gundy

2 3.70%
  • Jeff Van Gundy

2 3.70%
  • Jerry Sloan

1 1.85%
  • Other (Please Indicate)

5 9.26%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Who Do YOU Want As Lakers Coach, Make Your Argument (Poll)

Simple, who do YOU, the Los Angeles Laker fan, want as your team's next head coach.

Poll provided.

I want a well thought out explanation of why you are choosing that candidate, your criteria, etc.
    Last edited by P&GRealist; 05-01-2014 at 04:46 PM.

vCash
    Are we really gonna have a bunch of coaching candidate threads. ****s sake. Same discussion going on in all of them

vCash
    Kevin Ollie

Ollie won a national championship with maybe one bona-fide 5-star player. His offense runs through a highly efficient point guard, who was 1st team All American....ahead of everyone else you can think of...who will be available when we select our draft pick. Shabazz Napier demonstrates excellent ball control, and moves very much like an MVP-era Steve Nash. He shoots a high percentage from beyond the arc, and pressures opposing defenses. The Ollie coached offense relies on ball movement, mis-matches, and high basketball IQ players. He gameplans excellently, and has no trouble taking advantage of whoever the opponent is.

His defense is also highly active. His team pressures the ball and takes away passing lanes. They are quite efficient at transition defense, rebounding, and forcing turnovers.

Kevin Durant in an interview with Grantland said that Kevin Ollie (who played for Oklahoma City Thunder in 2009-2010) "taught him the ropes", and "changed the culture of Oklahoma City". He also said, “Kevin Ollie, he was a game changer for us. I think he changed the whole culture in Oklahoma City. Just his mind set, professionalism, every single day. And we all watched that, and we all wanted to be like that. It rubbed off on Russell Westbrook, myself, Jeff Green, James Harden. And then everybody who comes through now, it’s the standard that you’ve got to live up to as a Thunder player. And it all started with Kevin Ollie.”

Ollie attended high school at Crenshaw High School in LA, and played basketball on the team all four years. He is 41 years old

vCash
    Not quite sure yet. I'm not really dead set on one this early.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by royal bob View Post
    Kevin Ollie

Ollie won a national championship with maybe one bona-fide 5-star player. His offense runs through a highly efficient point guard, who was 1st team All American....ahead of everyone else you can think of...who will be available when we select our draft pick. Shabazz Napier demonstrates excellent ball control, and moves very much like an MVP-era Steve Nash. He shoots a high percentage from beyond the arc, and pressures opposing defenses. The Ollie coached offense relies on ball movement, mis-matches, and high basketball IQ players. He gameplans excellently, and has no trouble taking advantage of whoever the opponent is.

His defense is also highly active. His team pressures the ball and takes away passing lanes. They are quite efficient at transition defense, rebounding, and forcing turnovers.

Kevin Durant in an interview with Grantland said that Kevin Ollie (who played for Oklahoma City Thunder in 2009-2010) "taught him the ropes", and "changed the culture of Oklahoma City". He also said, “Kevin Ollie, he was a game changer for us. I think he changed the whole culture in Oklahoma City. Just his mind set, professionalism, every single day. And we all watched that, and we all wanted to be like that. It rubbed off on Russell Westbrook, myself, Jeff Green, James Harden. And then everybody who comes through now, it’s the standard that you’ve got to live up to as a Thunder player. And it all started with Kevin Ollie.”

Ollie attended high school at Crenshaw High School in LA, and played basketball on the team all four years. He is 41 years old
    I really like this pick, and we want have too give up picks like we would for Thibs, SO as it is I would probably go with Ollie as well at this point...But im going too hold off on voting as of now
    Last edited by lakers squad; 05-01-2014 at 05:33 PM.
    I have faith we will return to the promise land very soon. go lakers!!!!

vCash
    with regards to Michael Cooper being on the list... He is currently in the WNBA coaching the Atlanta Dream and with the season starting I dont think he gets up and leaves.... but its the WNBA so I dont know why he would REALLY want to stay, besides loyalty sake. I voted Thibs, although I am a huge proponent of many guys on this list. I am also curious as to why George Karl isnt on the list. I know he isnt what any of us are interested in really, but if you are gonna put D-Fish on this list with ZERO coaching me, I would put Karl (a proven coach in the league) on this list. But my favs are Thibs, Ollie, Calipari, Hollins, Sloan, and even though not on the list Coach K if available. Also why is Shaw on the list when he is with Denver? Unless its a one year deal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil Boy Blue View Post
    with regards to Michael Cooper being on the list... He is currently in the WNBA coaching the Atlanta Dream and with the season starting I dont think he gets up and leaves.... but its the WNBA so I dont know why he would REALLY want to stay, besides loyalty sake. I voted Thibs, although I am a huge proponent of many guys on this list. I am also curious as to why George Karl isnt on the list. I know he isnt what any of us are interested in really, but if you are gonna put D-Fish on this list with ZERO coaching me, I would put Karl (a proven coach in the league) on this list. But my favs are Thibs, Ollie, Calipari, Hollins, Sloan, and even though not on the list Coach K if available. Also why is Shaw on the list when he is with Denver? Unless its a one year deal.
    Honestly, Coach K and George Karl just slipped my mind. I guess they can go under the other category.

vCash
    Kevin Ollie with the assumption that he will give as a better chance to recruit Durant to LA.

vCash
    Fisher , may be the only coach Kobe would respect.
    Knows the team.
    Is " one of us"

a "goodfella"

lerande from phils book too.,

vCash
    Thib, so we can finally play some defense around here.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Storch View Post
    Thib, so we can finally play some defense around here.
    Who's going to coach the offense? How is he going to prove that he can have an adequate offense come playoff time. From what I saw in the 2011 ECF, he got shut down while having MVP Rose, prime Deng, adequate Boozer and Noah.

vCash
    I went ahead and selected Ollie as I believe he is a great young up and coming coach. I really liked Thibs as well, I had them 1A and 1B. I also would not mind Jackson or Vogel if they become available...Scott or Fisher I could live with as well, a lot of good candidates, in the end I want a good young coach this franchise ive grown too love can grow into the future with. And I think Coach Ollie fits that role good, and we don't have too give up any picks. hampering the growth at the same time. Sign him a 3-year contract and at that time Thib's contract would be up after, and then have a look at both coach's and see witch one we would want too keep growing on into the future with at that time~!!! P.S. Those that want Coach K. he is a no brainer IMO, But he's not going nowhere, he will retire a bluedevil JMO...
    Last edited by lakers squad; 05-01-2014 at 10:36 PM.
    I have faith we will return to the promise land very soon. go lakers!!!!

vCash
    Coach K How come you didnt put him on the list? Coach K's credentials alone will bring the talent, He has that winning aura that only Phil, Riley & Pop have. There is not another Coach that will make any free agent consider the Lakers the way he will.

Durant on Coach K
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jV6DfMev6U

Kobe on Coach K
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zq-alR0hg70

Lebron on Coach K
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmzCIuyS0Is
    Last edited by TDE; 05-01-2014 at 10:21 PM.

vCash
    1.) Ideally, Coach K with Fish and Shaw as assistant coaches

2.) Kevin Ollie or

3.) Tom Thibodeau

2016: Kevin Love, Kevin Durant, Kyrie Irving and coach K.

Ive got 4 now!

vCash
    Thibs or Ollie and id be ecstatic.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast