Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

WC SF: Blackhawks vs Wild

Discuss here

vCash

Hawks in 5. We finally found our stride towards the end of last round. Our goal scorers are doing their job and Crawford is playing well. The wild will take one in Minnesota and they MAY steal one in Chicago. But overall I can see this being 4-1 or 4-2 Chicago.

vCash
    Hawks in 5 at most. My real prediction is a sweep to be honest.

lol, small kid got tripped by a tuba player

vCash
    Going to be a fun series. However Minnesota honestly IMO, won the last 5 games against the Avalanche. They look really, really deadly. Minnesota in 5.

5. 05-01-2014, 04:43 PM

Reason
    Baiting

vCash
    Same result as last year. Hawks in 5.

vCash
    The Hawks in 6. If Crawford plays like he has been, it could be a sweep.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BranWingss View Post
    Going to be a fun series. However Minnesota honestly IMO, won the last 5 games against the Avalanche. They look really, really deadly. Minnesota in 5.
    The hate is so real. I love it.

Our greatest glory is not in never failing. But rather in rising back up every time we do.

Find ya boi on twitter @MajorJensen33

vCash

Lmao and my post gets deleted. I don't get it. All I said was he was the biggest hater ever.. His posts blatantly state how much he is biased against the hawks. Since day one of the seabrook hit, bran has been on a spree.

vCash
    I really didn't mean to offend anyone. I apologize if iI did. I just think Minnesota is very, very good. IMO, they basically won 5 straight from the #2 seed. I think Minnesota got better and Chicago stayed the same/got worse from last year. Should be a fun match-up.

I don't have a biased opinion against Chicago. Not at all. Think they're a damn good team, and I'm a big fan of numerous players (Sharp, Hammer, Saad). If I did offend anyone, again, wasn't my intent.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chi-townlove1 View Post
    Hawks in 5. We finally found our stride towards the end of last round. Our goal scorers are doing their job and Crawford is playing well. The wild will take one in Minnesota and they MAY steal one in Chicago. But overall I can see this being 4-1 or 4-2 Chicago.
    Every bit of this.

The Hawks are the same team they were last year, if the NHL decided regular season games without a gimmick when they were tied beyond 65 minutes, they'd have been right there for the same President's Trophy they won last year. Minnesota squeaked in the same way they did last year with the same core players. So what's different? Well...

Instead of a first round meeting, the Hawks are coming in on a 4 game win streak against the team many analysts wanted to hand the West to all season, well rested to boot. The Wild are coming off an excruciating 7 game series that, as far as I'm concerned, was basically their Stanley Cup - at least for this year. Oh and they have no starting net minder for Game 1, less than 24 hours out.

They are too good to get swept, certainly. They won 1 game last year and they'll win at least that many this year. They may steal a second, because they're experienced now, but that's more than likely outweighed by the series they just endured with Colorado, the lack of rest, the road ice, and likely most pivotal - the fact that they have no true go-to goaltender right now.

I'm ready.

Jill Garvey <3

vCash
    No way Hawks win game 1.

vCash
    A lot has changed since Minnesota played Chicago last year. Coyle has gotten better, Nino has exploded especially the last two games he has arguably been their best player. Moulson adds another element and same with Haula. Goaltending yes is again an issue but they made it work vs Col basically splitting the series I can see them making it work against Chicago as well. Duchene-Mack-O'Reilly-Landeskog looks a lot like Toews-Kane-Sharp-Hossa...Of course the edge goes to Chicago there but what I am trying to say is both teams have 4 top offensive players the wild shut down one set no reason to think they couldnt do it agian (and not shut down obviously but beat).

I think its a close series. Minnesota in 6 in an upset.

vCash
    I have no idea what to expect and neither does anyone else. Puck luck plays such a huge roll in hockey.

I am glad I have never wagered a penny on the NHL

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pidg88 View Post
    A lot has changed since Minnesota played Chicago last year. Coyle has gotten better, Nino has exploded especially the last two games he has arguably been their best player. Moulson adds another element and same with Haula. Goaltending yes is again an issue but they made it work vs Col basically splitting the series I can see them making it work against Chicago as well. Duchene-Mack-O'Reilly-Landeskog looks a lot like Toews-Kane-Sharp-Hossa...Of course the edge goes to Chicago there but what I am trying to say is both teams have 4 top offensive players the wild shut down one set no reason to think they couldnt do it agian (and not shut down obviously but beat).

I think its a close series. Minnesota in 6 in an upset.
    I can very much respect the pick because of your reasoning. In all seriousness, if I were going to pick the Wild I'd certainly do so in 6 because realistically they cannot beat this Hawks team in fewer than that for what I think most would agree is a whole sleuth of reasons, and then would anyone really pick against this Hawks team on home ice in a Game 7 - at least against this team? (I say that obviously with the result of last night's Game 7 in mind...how many road Game 7's can one team be expected to win, ya know?)

None of what you said is wrong. I think comparing those 4 Avs to those 4 Hawks is a bit of a stretch but everything else is accurate. It's the NHL, anything can happen - for me there's just not one aspect of the game the Wild do better than the Blackhawks. Beyond that, like you said they made it work with the two goaltenders in their first round series against an inexperienced Colorado team, but how often do you see teams go to conference finals when being forced to flip flop net minders every other night?

If ya just go by raw statistics, it's hard to argue that this isn't the Hawks series to lose.

Jill Garvey <3

vCash
    The worst thing about this entire series is that I am entering it feeling confident. That sucks. As a Chicago fan, confidence in the playoffs usually is not promising. I have Hawks in 6 with lowered expectations after typing that. haha

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast