Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 33
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,263
    vCash
    1500

    Sierra DFA'd. Things seem to be a changing...!

    Apparently Sierra has been DFA'd. Guy couldn't seem to hit the ball at all this year, but it'll be interesting to see what comes of this.

    Perhaps AA has finally decided to trim the fat!

    http://www.sportsnet.ca/baseball/mlb...oster-shakeup/

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    11,152
    vCash
    1500
    I dont mind Sierra at Triple A (if he clears) and get his bat back in order, though I wouldnt bring up Gose yet, he needs to be playing full time.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    11,152
    vCash
    1500
    And Diaz also demoted -- not sure why for Steve Tolleson -- a career minor leaguer for another -- pointless move.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Key Biscayne, Florida
    Posts
    9,896
    vCash
    1500
    Gose is here! Cabrera is out and Seirra is gone, need an OF'er!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    True North Strong and Free
    Posts
    1,361
    vCash
    1500
    I wanted to see Sierra given a chance going into the year, but it was time to pull the plug. His one at-bat last night was beyond pitiful. Hopefully he clears and heads to Buffalo to work on his approach.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    2,347
    vCash
    1500
    I like Gose being up. Even when Melky is healthy I would rather have Gose on the bench as a fourth outfielder than Sierra. He could play the Rajai Davis roll as late inning pinch runner but with much better defence. I dont see Gose as an everyday player. I just dont think he will ever have the bat to be successful unless I'm just not seeing something. He is however an ideal 4th outfielder.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    T.O., Canada
    Posts
    14,573
    vCash
    1500
    The Rajai Davis role entailed hitting LHP really, really well, not simply pinch running. Gose is a capable fourth OFer but he doesn't solve the issue of who platoons with Lind/Francisco and sticking him on the bench would be to essentially abandon the idea that he can still make some strides towards becoming a big league regular. If he's up here just to spell Melky till he gets right then great, otherwise I would have thought giving Mastoianni or perhaps Pillar that job would have made more sense.
    2013

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Key Biscayne, Florida
    Posts
    9,896
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009mvp View Post
    The Rajai Davis role entailed hitting LHP really, really well, not simply pinch running. Gose is a capable fourth OFer but he doesn't solve the issue of who platoons with Lind/Francisco and sticking him on the bench would be to essentially abandon the idea that he can still make some strides towards becoming a big league regular. If he's up here just to spell Melky till he gets right then great, otherwise I would have thought giving Mastoianni or perhaps Pillar that job would have made more sense.
    Agree. Gose needed to come this time with the Cabrera situation....but, Davis had a few jobs, 4th OF'er, late inning on the bases and platooning with Lind. Gose can do the 1st 2 but not the platooning! If he is just going to be on the bench for the odd start or just the late inning speed then his value, for what he has, has to go down, JMHO. Unless they decide not to re-sign Rasmus or Cabrera or both, then Gose has to be more than just a bench warmer day in , day out. Parking a guys *** who's still only 23, on the bench just seems wrong! That's kind of for the older veterans to fill.
    Last edited by wagnall; 05-01-2014 at 03:22 PM.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    18,976
    vCash
    1500
    Gose is only here because they're worried about Melky. He has options, so the Jays have no need for him on the major league squad.


    Vic Mackey: You better figure out how much you hate me. And how you're going to deal with that. 'Cause I'm not going anywhere.

    This sums up every sports interview, ever.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    252
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Twitchy View Post
    Gose is only here because they're worried about Melky. He has options, so the Jays have no need for him on the major league squad.
    I hope you are right. Gose is fine in my books as a replacement for Melky if he's out for a few days or 15 day DL. Throw him in there, play him almost every day, sink or swim. Test out his MLB abilities.

    What they did to Sierra ticks me off. Not that I had huge hopes for the kid, but 35 PA in 27 games is not how you develop anyone. If that's all they want in a guy, then sign a veteran player for that. Maybe it's just me, but I don't understand having a 23 year old kid who is still developing (into what no one really knows) getting virtually 1 PA per game.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    6,212
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by mkcavy View Post
    I hope you are right. Gose is fine in my books as a replacement for Melky if he's out for a few days or 15 day DL. Throw him in there, play him almost every day, sink or swim. Test out his MLB abilities.

    What they did to Sierra ticks me off. Not that I had huge hopes for the kid, but 35 PA in 27 games is not how you develop anyone. If that's all they want in a guy, then sign a veteran player for that. Maybe it's just me, but I don't understand having a 23 year old kid who is still developing (into what no one really knows) getting virtually 1 PA per game.
    Sierra wasnt really a fit on this team. He was only here b/c he didnt have options.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    18,976
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by mkcavy View Post
    I hope you are right. Gose is fine in my books as a replacement for Melky if he's out for a few days or 15 day DL. Throw him in there, play him almost every day, sink or swim. Test out his MLB abilities.

    What they did to Sierra ticks me off. Not that I had huge hopes for the kid, but 35 PA in 27 games is not how you develop anyone. If that's all they want in a guy, then sign a veteran player for that. Maybe it's just me, but I don't understand having a 23 year old kid who is still developing (into what no one really knows) getting virtually 1 PA per game.
    Sierra wasn't really a huge prospect and I imagine had the Jays actually cared about putting together a good team, he wouldn't have been here. They should have given him more AB, if only to get him in there against lefties and maybe to pinch hit for the revolvling MI door.

    Roster management certainly hasn't been a strength.


    Vic Mackey: You better figure out how much you hate me. And how you're going to deal with that. 'Cause I'm not going anywhere.

    This sums up every sports interview, ever.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    COLLEGE
    Posts
    3,113
    vCash
    1500
    **** I miss Rajai

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    29,369
    vCash
    1500
    6 man rotation too. I shakeup was needed, that's for sure. What AA is doing with the bench is bizarre.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    874
    vCash
    1500
    they need a 6 man closer committee

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •