Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Sierra DFA'd. Things seem to be a changing...!

Apparently Sierra has been DFA'd. Guy couldn't seem to hit the ball at all this year, but it'll be interesting to see what comes of this.

Perhaps AA has finally decided to trim the fat!

http://www.sportsnet.ca/baseball/mlb...oster-shakeup/

vCash
    I dont mind Sierra at Triple A (if he clears) and get his bat back in order, though I wouldnt bring up Gose yet, he needs to be playing full time.

vCash
    And Diaz also demoted -- not sure why for Steve Tolleson -- a career minor leaguer for another -- pointless move.

vCash
    Gose is here! Cabrera is out and Seirra is gone, need an OF'er!

vCash
    I wanted to see Sierra given a chance going into the year, but it was time to pull the plug. His one at-bat last night was beyond pitiful. Hopefully he clears and heads to Buffalo to work on his approach.

vCash
    I like Gose being up. Even when Melky is healthy I would rather have Gose on the bench as a fourth outfielder than Sierra. He could play the Rajai Davis roll as late inning pinch runner but with much better defence. I dont see Gose as an everyday player. I just dont think he will ever have the bat to be successful unless I'm just not seeing something. He is however an ideal 4th outfielder.

vCash
    The Rajai Davis role entailed hitting LHP really, really well, not simply pinch running. Gose is a capable fourth OFer but he doesn't solve the issue of who platoons with Lind/Francisco and sticking him on the bench would be to essentially abandon the idea that he can still make some strides towards becoming a big league regular. If he's up here just to spell Melky till he gets right then great, otherwise I would have thought giving Mastoianni or perhaps Pillar that job would have made more sense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009mvp View Post
    The Rajai Davis role entailed hitting LHP really, really well, not simply pinch running. Gose is a capable fourth OFer but he doesn't solve the issue of who platoons with Lind/Francisco and sticking him on the bench would be to essentially abandon the idea that he can still make some strides towards becoming a big league regular. If he's up here just to spell Melky till he gets right then great, otherwise I would have thought giving Mastoianni or perhaps Pillar that job would have made more sense.
    Agree. Gose needed to come this time with the Cabrera situation....but, Davis had a few jobs, 4th OF'er, late inning on the bases and platooning with Lind. Gose can do the 1st 2 but not the platooning! If he is just going to be on the bench for the odd start or just the late inning speed then his value, for what he has, has to go down, JMHO. Unless they decide not to re-sign Rasmus or Cabrera or both, then Gose has to be more than just a bench warmer day in , day out. Parking a guys *** who's still only 23, on the bench just seems wrong! That's kind of for the older veterans to fill.
    Last edited by wagnall; 05-01-2014 at 03:22 PM.

vCash
    Gose is only here because they're worried about Melky. He has options, so the Jays have no need for him on the major league squad.

Vic Mackey: You better figure out how much you hate me. And how you're going to deal with that. 'Cause I'm not going anywhere.

This sums up every sports interview, ever.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Twitchy View Post
    Gose is only here because they're worried about Melky. He has options, so the Jays have no need for him on the major league squad.
    I hope you are right. Gose is fine in my books as a replacement for Melky if he's out for a few days or 15 day DL. Throw him in there, play him almost every day, sink or swim. Test out his MLB abilities.

What they did to Sierra ticks me off. Not that I had huge hopes for the kid, but 35 PA in 27 games is not how you develop anyone. If that's all they want in a guy, then sign a veteran player for that. Maybe it's just me, but I don't understand having a 23 year old kid who is still developing (into what no one really knows) getting virtually 1 PA per game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mkcavy View Post
    I hope you are right. Gose is fine in my books as a replacement for Melky if he's out for a few days or 15 day DL. Throw him in there, play him almost every day, sink or swim. Test out his MLB abilities.

What they did to Sierra ticks me off. Not that I had huge hopes for the kid, but 35 PA in 27 games is not how you develop anyone. If that's all they want in a guy, then sign a veteran player for that. Maybe it's just me, but I don't understand having a 23 year old kid who is still developing (into what no one really knows) getting virtually 1 PA per game.
    Sierra wasnt really a fit on this team. He was only here b/c he didnt have options.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mkcavy View Post

Sierra wasn't really a huge prospect and I imagine had the Jays actually cared about putting together a good team, he wouldn't have been here. They should have given him more AB, if only to get him in there against lefties and maybe to pinch hit for the revolvling MI door.

Roster management certainly hasn't been a strength.

Vic Mackey: You better figure out how much you hate me. And how you're going to deal with that. 'Cause I'm not going anywhere.

This sums up every sports interview, ever.

vCash
    **** I miss Rajai

vCash
    6 man rotation too. I shakeup was needed, that's for sure. What AA is doing with the bench is bizarre.

vCash
    they need a 6 man closer committee

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast