Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Cuban and International Players

Is it me or is anyone else disappointed that we do not get involved more with bidding on these players? Watching the Sox play us this week just makes me wonder why we don't get more involved? Especially, given the fact that our minor league system is so void of top prospects.

I guess there are a couple Cuban players that are free agents that must be signed before July 1st that are presumed to be pretty good prospects. I read that the Yankees are really interested in one of the outfielders. Avila (the Dad) use to be pretty good at signing international players but since he moved to the front office we really have not been as active in that market. Hopefully, that changes because with low picks in the draft and trading away prospects each year at the deadline we really need a flow of prospects in our minor league system.

vCash
    Tigers invest heavily in the international market in the Dominican and Venezula. They were interested in Cespedes before signing Prince and there were rumors that they had a deal with him before V-Mart was hurt. I do wish they would have gotten involved with some Cuban players but it just seems like they are content with spending their internatinal money in the Dominican and Venezula.
    Rod Allen Soundboard

http://www.foxsportsdetroit.com/09/1...93&feedID=3593

Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    Me and MTM

Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo111 View Post
    I suck the donkey dick!!!........... HAHAHAHAHA!!

vCash
    Didn't we get Danry from Cuba or Venezuela a few years ago? He's been in the system 3 or 4 years and is still only in high A ball. Although we signed him at like 16 years old so I guess that's to be expected lol

vCash
    I believe Danry was traded last year for Veras.
    Rod Allen Soundboard

http://www.foxsportsdetroit.com/09/1...93&feedID=3593

Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    Me and MTM

Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo111 View Post
    I suck the donkey dick!!!........... HAHAHAHAHA!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ahoda View Post
    I believe Danry was traded last year for Veras.
    **** forgot about that, no wonder I didn't recognize which level Lancaster was.