Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Is Derek Norris turning into a superstar?

LOL! What has gotten into this guy. He's almost hitting .400 with no K's. Did he change his swing or something

vCash
    Probably a bit early to say that

The .400+ BABIP isn't going to stay there.
    So far this season he's hit less line drives and more ground balls than he has in previous seasons. That's not conducive to getting more hits.

The decrease in K's is certainly encouraging. But, let's look a little deeper

He's swinging and missing at about the same number of pitches as he always has (7.5% in 2014, 7.9% in 2013)
    He's making contact as the same rate he always has (80.5% in 2014, 80.4% in 2013)
    *http://www.fangraphs.com/statss.aspx...latediscipline

Doesn't look like he's turning into a superstar.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cespedesrules View Post
    LOL! What has gotten into this guy. He's almost hitting .400 with no K's. Did he change his swing or something
    I do wish they would give him a few more starts. Like a 50/50 split with Jaso.

vCash
    Derrick Norris is turning into Chuck Norris!

vCash
    I think he will be one of the better hitting catchers, but not a superstar.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheezombie View Post
    I think he will be one of the better hitting catchers, but not a superstar.
    I think he will regress closer to his career averages. .408 babip over 68 PA

vCash
    Dude is a stud... but nowhere near a superstar and doubt he becomes one. But he can become a top 3 catcher in the MLB IMO.
    49ers, Athletics, Warriors = Life!

49ers = 12-4
    Warriors = 51-31 Making it rain!
    A's = 59-36 Back to Back AL West Champs!
    WINNING!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban View Post
    I think he will regress closer to his career averages. .408 babip over 68 PA
    His babip will regress for sure, but his plate discipline has improved in each season. His strikeout rate is way down, which allows him to put the ball in play more. His ISO has also improved each season.

vCash
    I would like for him to be our everyday catcher. Not only is he swinging the bat well, but he seems to get much more out of our pitchers than Jaso and is better defensively too.

vCash
    Agreed. Move Jaso to DH and start giving D-No 4/5 of the starts behind the plate

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LakersA's49ers View Post
    Agreed. Move Jaso to DH and start giving D-No 4/5 of the starts behind the plate
    They have been doing that and it is working out. I like all the interchangeable parts. Seems like everyone is getting ab's in a favorable position. Judging by the record and run differential this team is rolling along very nicely.

vCash
    ^^^ yah for the most part. I am not a fan of Jaso behind the plate. First off, I don't want him to go through another concussion, and secondly, the running game is an absolute disaster when Jaso is behind the plate
    Unleash the Mamba!

vCash
    not only does he let guys steal 2nd, but our pitchers just dont throw as well to him. im not sure if he calls bad pitches or if its a psychological thing with our pitchers just not trusting him as much as they just Norris or what. Dont get me wrong, hes not terrible, but Norris is IMO just much better all around

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LakersA's49ers View Post
    ^^^ yah for the most part. I am not a fan of Jaso behind the plate. First off, I don't want him to go through another concussion, and secondly, the running game is an absolute disaster when Jaso is behind the plate
    Don't matter if nobody's on base!