• McHale

7 20.00%
  • Morey

0 0%
  • Other

7 20.00%
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Question If the Rockets don't advance, who is to blame?

The Rockets and their fans had higher expectations than a first round exit, who gets the proverbial finger pointed at them if they don't turn the series around?

Barry Lamar Bonds. .393/.967/1.054....on 3-0 counts.

lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/Bradley/Cotto/Wlad/Rigondeaux/Froch/Canelo/Maidana

Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

vCash
    Rocket's fan base for thinking they're contenders. You have to learn how to crawl first.

vCash
    Mchale
    Harden
    Lin

In that order.

Dwight and Morey-Zero

vCash
    Why pick one person when it's obviously not that simple?

I don't think it's on Morey, at all. This is year 1 of his Dwight era, however. They'll get better and will have some options. Moreyball is great, too.

McHale, Harden, Dwight, Lin, bad luck, Beverley, Jones, Garcia...I mean, outside of Parsons and Daniels, who's really had a great series? Dwight's the closest to it, but he'll burden a lot of the blame because he's a star player. But pretty much everyone else hasn't stepped up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Htownballa1622 View Post
    Mchale
    Harden
    Lin

In that order.

Dwight and Morey-Zero
    Lin? The only blame you can put on him is that he duped the rockets into thinking he's a good player and paid him all that money.
    My Ignore list: Naps, bucketss, iknowhoops....

2014 Adopt a Packer
    Randall Cobb

Receptions: 11
    Yards: 97
    Tds: 3

vCash
    I am going to have to go with McHale.

vCash
    No one. They are there to have fun.

vCash
    Harden look at some of his field goal percentages. Shoot less and pass to Dwight more.

THE BEST DH IN SF GIANTS HISTORY!

2010 and 2012 World Series Champs !

vCash
    Lin

missed an open layup in game two that lost us the game

Couldn't hold the ball in game 4 that would have pretty much won us the game

Turnover machine all series

Harden

Playing horrible
    Not making his shots

Mchale

Can't draw a play to save his life. And can't teach team defense either apparently

The rockets won't advance, they dug themselves into to big a whole. Need more time to mature and add the one PF that can shoot the 15-17 footer and play D. Add some bench depth. They're only gunna get better. Patience is the key.

vCash
    Harden is shooting horribly from the field and doesn't appear to be stopping. So the obvious answer is Dwight Howard.

On Russel Westbrook's Chances at Defensive Player of the Year:

Quote Originally Posted by Money_23 View Post
    I think he has a good case. He's the only guy who can hold Durant to under 30 points a game.

Quote Originally Posted by P&GRealist View Post
    Sometimes, perception isn't reality.

But Tittays are forever.

vCash
    If I had to pick one, I would pick harden. He played bad the 1st 2 games and his defense has been horrible. There's been some plays late in the game where he has quit on defense after not being able to score.

vCash
    Another thing I want to bring up, 90% of posters in the Blazers-Rockets games threads keep saying the refs are calling the game for Houston. This couldn't be more of a lie. If anything it's the other way around. Today, the SECOND apology was issued to the rockets for fouls called against them that screwed them in the end. Why are people ignoring these? Because of the Harden hatred? The Howard hatred? Rockets fans being annoying and other posters just enjoying watching them lose? I'm very very confused

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by J4KOP99 View Post
    No one. They are there to have fun.
    this

Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).
    vCash
    It is LMA's fault. He is beasting!

I realize that LMA is a power forward, but given his DPOY, Howard should be guarding the best offensive post player. I don't care who IS guarding LMA, Howard should be, and Howard should take ownership of that.

After the first or second game, Howard is calling for the ball more. What he should be calling for is the defensive job on LMA.

On the glass and on the score board, you can't ask for much more than what Dwight is giving. But he is also committing almost 4 turnovers a game! With TWO overtime losses, those turnovers likely cost each game.

Likewise, Harden's shooting percentage is disgusting this series. Everybody hits a slump. The year Boston won it, Ray Allen had a HUGE slump, but still... even if Harden were shooting a paltry .420 from the floor, those OT losses turn into wins.

I wouldn't blame Lin because frankly, that would be like blaming Mario Chalmbers if the Heat lose.

McHale is not to blame here either. Hardn's FG%, Howard's turnovers, and LMA abusing the Rockets is the biggest concern here.

And big up to Lillard. He is playing at a level no other point guard has been at all season in terms of ball-handling. He's getting nearly 4 assists for each turnover, and shooting crazy awesome from the arc.

The Trailblazers would have had the better record going in had LMA been healthy... they are likely the better team, and the match-ups they win, they are HAMMERING.

Lillard and LMA are the reason the Rockets are losing first and foremost. But Howard and Harden need to take ownership over these loses.
    What the eye doesn't see and the mind doesn't know, doesn't exist.
    Follow me on Twitter and I'll follow back: @JasonJHorn

vCash
    Lin ... it's definitely Lin. If you haven't noticed by now, you will now that I point this out. Lin has a bad habit of penetrating and then chickening out, rolling back out, pissing away the entire shot clock, then one of two things happens. He either passes to someone with 1.x seconds left on the shot clock, or he simply turns it over.

Last game - 4th quarter, all 3 of this turnovers were in the 4th after pissing away the entire shot clock. Each turnover led to Portland scores and a complete disappearance of a 10 point lead which took us into overtime. Did you see Lin on the floor in OT? Nope... wonder why? Because K-Mac finally noticed it - too late - himself.

To be honest, it's our first year with this setup - Asik is finally playing along with the Twin-Tower defense and it appears to be finally starting to bear fruit. Maybe - just maybe he'll work harder at it in the offseason and next season. If not, I'd imagine a deal with NY for Lin/Asik + picks for a Melo S+T. If management decides to part ways with K-Mac, there'd be no better time to do so - George Karl is out there, as is Stan Van Gundy, as is Nate McMillan, as is ... well.. take your pick - I'd prefer Karl to be honest.
    Last edited by Snakeyestx; 04-29-2014 at 11:49 PM.

Raising Jersey's first, trophies and banners next...

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast