Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 65 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: Braves News

Signed Nick Massett and sent Cody down. Probably a smart move considering Cody's struggles of late and might allow him to stretch out to be a starter again.

I'm not sure what everyone expects, FG finds BP arms he likes and over uses the crap out of them lol

It is not like FG has had many options this year so far. And while FG did kill arms in his first season, I felt like he made noticeable strides in improving in that area since. Bobby was never good at managing the BP, but it almost never mattered thanks to an historically good rotation for much of his tenure.

Looks like we inquired about Lucroy. Would love to get him for the right price.

Quote Originally Posted by ATLKoos16 View Post
    I read Jon Heyman said the Braves were told he was unavailable.
    2018 Vikings Draft :
    Round 1: Mike Hughes CB UCF
    Round 2: Brian O'Neill OT Pittsburgh
    Round 4: Jalyn Holmes DE Ohio State
    Round 5: Tyler Conklin TE Central Michigan
    Round 5: Daniel Carlson K Auburn
    Round 6: Colby Gossett G Appalachian State
    Round 6: Ade Aruna DE Tulane
    Round 7: Devante Downs LB California

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    I read Jon Heyman said the Braves were told he was unavailable.
    Give it a month of the Brewers sucking and that could change.

Quote Originally Posted by ATLKoos16 View Post
    His price will be astronomical, we are talking about one of the best players in the majors and under cheap control for the next two seasons, I would love to have him but you would probably hear the names of Peraza, Folty, Wisler, Wood in any type of trade for him. I like our pitching depth right now, let's just ride. Bethacourt now and ask for Lucroy at the 2016 deadline when his price is lower and we have a closer look at Crhistian.

Yeah I don't really get the comment that the Braves don't like what they've seen of CB so far. He's appeared in less than half our games and hasn't played multiple games in a row in a while - and that's mainly because of AJ's bat. Do they expect a defense-first catcher to suddenly out-hit one of the better bat-first catchers of the last 15 years? Do they expect his handling of the staff to be lights out when he's barely had experience with them?

I can't say he's been amazing or anything but the tools that kept him near the top of our top prospect lists all these years are still there. I really don't worry about catchers hitting early because of how demanding their position early on. Yadi was a crappy hitter until a few years into his career - I think they need to give him 15 or 20 starts in 20-25 games before we can start calling him a career backup.

I think Beth needs at least two seasons before we can begin to judge. Part-time play over the course of three months doesn't give us much to judge.

Quote Originally Posted by beldugo View Post
    His price will be astronomical, we are talking about one of the best players in the majors and under cheap control for the next two seasons, I would love to have him but you would probably hear the names of Peraza, Folty, Wisler, Wood in any type of trade for him. I like our pitching depth right now, let's just ride. Bethacourt now and ask for Lucroy at the 2016 deadline when his price is lower and we have a closer look at Crhistian.
    Just for the sake of conversation, what type of package would you think it would take to get him? I imagine Betancourt, a top pitching prospect plus others. Again just for the sake of conversation lol

Just for the sake of conversation, what type of package would you think it would take to get him? I imagine Betancourt, a top pitching prospect plus others. Again just for the sake of conversation lol
    Well, he's still in control for 2 and a half season and has average 4.4 fWAR for the last three seasons and should still be in his prime for those 2 and a half years, the most similar deal I could find was when the Phillies got Hunter Pence via trade, Pence was coming of 3 straight seasons of 25 HR and average close to 3.5 fWAR the prior 3 years, he was in his prime and had 2.5 years of control left. The Phillies traded Jonathan Singleton, Jarred Cosart, Josh Zeid and Domingo Santana.

Let's start with Singleton: He was a kid with big power and a consensus top 50 prospect in the league just 19 years old and in A+ at the time of the trade though. Number 2 Phillies prospect in 2011.

Jarred Cosart: A top 100 prospect and close to being in AA at the time of the trade, was being seen as a number 2-3 guy in a MLB rotation. Number 4 Phillies prospect.

Domingo Santana: He was a promising young player but was quite young by the time of the trade just 18 years old and playing in A ball, he was a big upside but risky player on the deal. He's just 22 years old right now and has became a really good prospect. Number 8th Phillies prospect.

Josh Zeid: He was just a filler in this trade, not a big time prospect and was quite old and still in AA. Number 13 prospect.

So it was 2 top 100 prospect, one high upside guy and a low level guy. A comparable offer would be something like: Jose Peraza - Lucas Sims - Braxton Davidson - Alex Grosser Don't know if we would have to include Folty instead of Sims to make the trade more even because Lucroy is better than Pence was at the time. But I see Peraza as a more valuable piece than Singleton because even though both of them are top 50 prospect Peraza being closer to the big leagues has more value that's why I think Sims will be enough to get the deal done. What you think?

Well, he's still in control for 2 and a half season and has average 4.4 fWAR for the last three seasons and should still be in his prime for those 2 and a half years, the most similar deal I could find was when the Phillies got Hunter Pence via trade, Pence was coming of 3 straight seasons of 25 HR and average close to 3.5 fWAR the prior 3 years, he was in his prime and had 2.5 years of control left. The Phillies traded Jonathan Singleton, Jarred Cosart, Josh Zeid and Domingo Santana.

Let's start with Singleton: He was a kid with big power and a consensus top 50 prospect in the league just 19 years old and in A+ at the time of the trade though. Number 2 Phillies prospect in 2011.

Jarred Cosart: A top 100 prospect and close to being in AA at the time of the trade, was being seen as a number 2-3 guy in a MLB rotation. Number 4 Phillies prospect.

Domingo Santana: He was a promising young player but was quite young by the time of the trade just 18 years old and playing in A ball, he was a big upside but risky player on the deal. He's just 22 years old right now and has became a really good prospect. Number 8th Phillies prospect.

Josh Zeid: He was just a filler in this trade, not a big time prospect and was quite old and still in AA. Number 13 prospect.

So it was 2 top 100 prospect, one high upside guy and a low level guy. A comparable offer would be something like: Jose Peraza - Lucas Sims - Braxton Davidson - Alex Grosser Don't know if we would have to include Folty instead of Sims to make the trade more even because Lucroy is better than Pence was at the time. But I see Peraza as a more valuable piece than Singleton because even though both of them are top 50 prospect Peraza being closer to the big leagues has more value that's why I think Sims will be enough to get the deal done. What you think?
    Giving up Peraza would hurt but Peterson is looking solid as our 2b. I would imagine Betancourt would be included. Maybe sub out Davidson for Betancourt? I'm sure our pitching will entice them.

What about Alex Wood and Betancourt for Lucroy and a low prospect or cash? I really like Wood and I know he's our top lefty but I think he projects as a 3 for us and we could still move forward with Miller/Teheran/Folty/Wisler? Just a thought.

Giving up Peraza would hurt but Peterson is looking solid as our 2b. I would imagine Betancourt would be included. Maybe sub out Davidson for Betancourt? I'm sure our pitching will entice them.

What about Alex Wood and Betancourt for Lucroy and a low prospect or cash? I really like Wood and I know he's our top lefty but I think he projects as a 3 for us and we could still move forward with Miller/Teheran/Folty/Wisler? Just a thought.
    That should be enticing, but maybe they don't value Bethacourt as much, that's why I didn't include him, I really don't know how much trade value he has right now. To be clear I would not trade for Lucroy right now, as I said before this team is not in the position to trade players under control of 4-5 season for a player with 2.5 years of control. If we were closer to being a contender the we should consider it but not right now.

That should be enticing, but maybe they don't value Bethacourt as much, that's why I didn't include him, I really don't know how much trade value he has right now. To be clear I would not trade for Lucroy right now, as I said before this team is not in the position to trade players under control of 4-5 season for a player with 2.5 years of control. If we were closer to being a contender the we should consider it but not right now.
    I totally agree

Everything Hart has touch has turned to gold. I imagine if he makes a splash it will be something that we don't necessarily initially respect, but eventually are wowed by. I wouldn't be surprised if he tried to trade up in the draft. We have all of those picks, maybe it is time for quality not quantity.

Page 4 of 65 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast