Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Doc Rivers may be out of LA next year

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...mming-national

it says that his house was once burned down by a racist and another guy tweeted saying he has known rivers for 20+ years and has never seen him so mad!

Will he retire or can you see him going somewhere else to coach? Or even maybe land in someones front office?

Please keep the thread on topic and not into a racial battle of any kind! A lot of the other threads about the clippers in NBA main have been closed in the last few days! Lets try to keep this one open as it could be big news heading into the off season that someone may end up with a championship caliber coach!

Also if this has been posted I looked through the first 3 pages of the nba forum and didnt see it posted if it has been please delete!

vCash
    It's his own fault if this caught him by surprise, and I have no sympathy for him. I'd respect him more if he'd act like a man and say he's going to stand by the league and the team, in spite of what one man says.

vCash
    Him leaving is about at a 15% chance I believe. A lot of it will come down to what happens with the team. If the clippers do fall under new management, and they re brand the clippers. I can see Doc staying around to be a face of the rebrand. But I can also see him staying just because he dosn't want to quit on the players. Either way, I reckon he stays. But if he does quit, there might be a job in Texas opening opening up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ROY 2 MVP Braun View Post
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...mming-national

it says that his house was once burned down by a racist and another guy tweeted saying he has known rivers for 20+ years and has never seen him so mad!

Will he retire or can you see him going somewhere else to coach? Or even maybe land in someones front office?

Please keep the thread on topic and not into a racial battle of any kind! A lot of the other threads about the clippers in NBA main have been closed in the last few days! Lets try to keep this one open as it could be big news heading into the off season that someone may end up with a championship caliber coach!

Also if this has been posted I looked through the first 3 pages of the nba forum and didnt see it posted if it has been please delete!
    Please leave, I'm being entirely wishful when I say we have new owners and I'd love them to overpay in some capacity to bring him back to the city of Milwaukee and further generate new hope.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by flea View Post
    It's his own fault if this caught him by surprise, and I have no sympathy for him. I'd respect him more if he'd act like a man and say he's going to stand by the league and the team, in spite of what one man says.
    Gtfoh

vCash
    That's like saying I'll respect a man more for him keeping his job knowing now that his boss is a racist and basically likes me working for him but doesn't want to be seen in public with me doing other things in our down time . What kind of bs is that ?

vCash
    Yea Doc left Boston because they weren't trying to bring new pieces in to try and compete . So I can see why he left but it's not like they left on bad terms and they got draft picks didn't they or something ? Any other high profile coach would do that . Yes I can see how it forced his way out but I think Boston got compensation . If Donald stays the owner it effects the whole team , nobody wants to play for that guy . Even some of the players didn't want to play Sunday and who knows what will happen with the current players might be wanting to leave . You can't blame anyone for wanting to get out . You have to have some dignity about yourself and that's just not towards Doc but to the whole team .

vCash
    Yeah i can understand where your coming from. I think its something that he should have maybe just said no comment on and addressed it with the team first and if he decides to move on just say that this isnt something that he wants to be a part of because of prior situations of racism that were aimed towards him in his past and that he feels strongly about! I just think it would have been better to keep quiet to the media and address it after the season if he truly is feeling like he wants to leave.

Also if Doc Rivers has had problems with racism in the past and there has been past incidents with Sterling than I dont understand why he would choose to leave Boston to go there when the writing was on the wall of Sterling having issues with minorities on a couple occasions. Specially since Doc seems to be taking that very personal. (IMO he has a right to and if I was him id feel betrayed and backstabbed)

Quote Originally Posted by Asik's better View Post
    Him leaving is about at a 15% chance I believe. A lot of it will come down to what happens with the team. If the clippers do fall under new management, and they re brand the clippers. I can see Doc staying around to be a face of the rebrand. But I can also see him staying just because he dosn't want to quit on the players. Either way, I reckon he stays. But if he does quit, there might be a job in Texas opening opening up.
    Yeah I really dont see him leaving unless their is some kind of fallout bigger than what is already out there. I dont know if there is a better team than the clippers that will be looking for a new head coach. Maybe OKC or HOU if they lose in the 1st round but I dont see them being that much better that its a no brainer. Plus he's had a year with these guys, and its not like all the players can get up and leave because they are disgusted with the owner. I can see the players that are on the team wanting out and bolting as soon as they can in free agency, but I see Doc staying with those players while they have a chance at a championship and/or until they do leave!

Quote Originally Posted by muelly View Post
    Please leave, I'm being entirely wishful when I say we have new owners and I'd love them to overpay in some capacity to bring him back to the city of Milwaukee and further generate new hope.
    Yeah I would love to see Doc back in Milwaukee. I think he would be an amazing couch that would command respect from all of our young players that we have and will be continuing to draft over the rebuild in the next few years! I think there is absolutely ZERO percent chance that he would come here though after leaving Boston because they were going to rebuild. Boston was also in a way better position to rebuild faster than us at the time he left. (obviously before us drafting Giannas and ending up with the best odds to get the #1 pick) Even with that I think Boston will still be back in the playoffs and competing before us. I dont see Doc coaching very much longer either because there was talk about retirement a few years back with Boston and he's going to want to compete. The Bucks are probably at least this years pick plus another top 5 pick and top 7/8 pick plus a few years for the young guys to get adjusted to the nba game before we are competing. just my opinion

If he were to leave I personally think he would choose the teams like..
    OKC
    Houston
    Indy

maybe switch Indy depending on what happens with them this off season. but after the collapse they had this year i think he would take Hou over them n maybe even HOU over OKC...

at the same time how much better are any of these 3 teams than the clippers at this point? its not so much of a difference to be a no brainer in my opinion!
    Last edited by ROY 2 MVP Braun; 04-29-2014 at 09:39 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Stunner View Post
    That's like saying I'll respect a man more for him keeping his job knowing now that his boss is a racist and basically likes me working for him but doesn't want to be seen in public with me doing other things in our down time . What kind of bs is that ?
    Sterling's racist beliefs have been common knowledge. This isn't the first time he's said something like this. I find the outrage a little funny... Like nobody knew this guy hated minorities. I don't feel bad for Doc. Nobody is leaving that team. Sterling will be suspended for all of next season. That's it. I hope the nba finds a way or I hope sterling realizes it's best to sell the team. There is no place for his racist attitude in society.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Stunner View Post
    Yea Doc left Boston because they weren't trying to bring new pieces in to try and compete . So I can see why he left but it's not like they left on bad terms and they got draft picks didn't they or something ? Any other high profile coach would do that . Yes I can see how it forced his way out but I think Boston got compensation . If Donald stays the owner it effects the whole team , nobody wants to play for that guy . Even some of the players didn't want to play Sunday and who knows what will happen with the current players might be wanting to leave . You can't blame anyone for wanting to get out . You have to have some dignity about yourself and that's just not towards Doc but to the whole team .
    Yeah I can see players that are on the Clippers right now getting out of town as soon as they possibly can via Free Agency! Also wouldn't be shocked to see players that are under contract and cant leave soon (via Free Agency) refusing to play next season or holding out and trying to force their way out of town since they no that if they cant get them self traded that they are going to have to honor the remaining years on the contract they have with the Clippers.

Another thing that would not shock me is if the players somehow throw a game or refuse to come out for a game next season as well! I think at this point in this season they are playing for one another and not going to let the owner get in the way of that. I just feel that if it wasn't the playoffs right now the players would have done a lot more to rebel.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple_Ocho View Post
    Sterling's racist beliefs have been common knowledge. This isn't the first time he's said something like this. I find the outrage a little funny... Like nobody knew this guy hated minorities. I don't feel bad for Doc. Nobody is leaving that team. Sterling will be suspended for all of next season. That's it. I hope the nba finds a way or I hope sterling realizes it's best to sell the team. There is no place for his racist attitude in society.
    I agree that it is best for him to just severe ties and sell the team and get as far away from the media as possible!

On the "Olbermann" show on espn, a reporter was saying that he will most likely get a year or 2 suspension and in the time that he would be suspended that they would find a way to push him out and make him sell.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ROY 2 MVP Braun View Post
    Yeah I can see players that are on the Clippers right now getting out of town as soon as they possibly can via Free Agency! Also wouldn't be shocked to see players that are under contract and cant leave soon (via Free Agency) refusing to play next season or holding out and trying to force their way out of town since they no that if they cant get them self traded that they are going to have to honor the remaining years on the contract they have with the Clippers.

Another thing that would not shock me is if the players somehow throw a game or refuse to come out for a game next season as well! I think at this point in this season they are playing for one another and not going to let the owner get in the way of that. I just feel that if it wasn't the playoffs right now the players would have done a lot more to rebel.
    Totally agree and let's be real when players and coaches in general sign with a team they aren't concerned with a billionaire background , more likely the GM , Players and family . Honestly if you think Chris Paul knew any of this that he would sign with the Clippers ? A lot of players didn't know unless they had hands on with the guy . People smile in your face but you really know how they are unless you hang with them .

vCash
    What are you talking about? Did you eat paint chips as a child? Who cares if you don't respect him or have any sympathy, who the heck are you? If he doesn't feel like playing for that racist man, I surely respect and expect him to move on, as I expect Chris Paul and perhaps others to move on, why be loyal to a plantation minded owner? Sure maybe there were rumors about Sterling being a racist for a long time, but the league never took action and it was never blown up and confirmed the way it is now, plus he went to LA to coach a team on the rise with Chris Paul and Blake Griffin. BTW, being a man is making your own decisions and following your own heart. If his heart is telling him he should take a stand, I fully support that. There are plenty of sponsors who have abandoned the Clippers and there are many fans who have asked for refunds and will not be back if Sterling doesn't go away. I think if you decided to stand by the team owned by a racist you are actually the opposite of a man, you are a total tool and a fool. This life is so much more meaningful than sports and you are just caught up with the idea of blind loyalty which is a pretty crazy and dangerous thing to do.
    Last edited by JonnyBrav000; 04-29-2014 at 10:53 AM.
    Check out the Pecks, the Abs are made of steel... This is the real life Johnny B.
    By the way, the hat is Brooklyn, not Boston, sorry Bean Heads.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JonnyBrav000 View Post
    What are you talking about? Did you eat paint chips as a child? Who cares if you don't respect him or have any sympathy, who the heck are you? If he doesn't feel like playing for that racist man, I surely respect and expect him to move on, as I expect Chris Paul and perhaps others to move on, why be loyal to a plantation minded owner? Sure maybe there were rumors about Sterling being a racist for a long time, but the league never took action and it was never blown up and confirmed the way it is now, plus he went to LA to coach a team on the rise with Chris Paul and Blake Griffin. BTW, being a man is making your own decisions and following your own heart. If his heart is telling him he should take a stand, I fully support that. There are plenty of sponsors who have abandoned the Clippers and there are many fans who have asked for refunds and will not be back if Sterling doesn't go away. I think if you decided to stand by the team owned by a racist you are actually the opposite of a man, you are a total tool and a fool. This life is so much more meaningful than sports and you are just caught up with the idea of blind loyalty which is a pretty crazy and dangerous thing to do.
    Sorry I don't read fat walls of text. Based on your first two lines you are upset that I called out Rivers and the NBA for being hypocritcal. I'm sorry if you, Rivers, and others get whipped by the media but this is really the definition of old news.

There were more than rumors about Sterling - there were lawsuits and quotes on record. Don't get mad at me because Rivers either didn't do his due diligence or is a ESPN media-narrative follower (whichever you think is less insidious, because I do like Doc).

vCash
    If Indiana fires Vogel, I can see him going there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast