Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Atlanta Braves (17-7) @ Miami Marlins (11-14) 4/29-5/1

@

Atlanta Braves @Miami Marlins

Tuesday, 4/29 7:10 PM

Alex Wood, LHP (2-3, 1.54 ERA/2.80 FIP/2.50 xFIP) vs Jose Fernandez, RHP (3-1, 1.99 ERA/1.50 FIP/1.71 xFIP)

Wood will seek revenge as he opposes Jose Fernandez for the second time in a week. The Atlanta southpaw has worked eight strong innings in his past two starts. He'll be pitching with two extra days of rest.

Simply dominant is the best way to describe Fernandez of late. He struck out 14 Braves in a 1-0 win in his last start. His last two outings, he has given up three runs (no earned) with 24 strikeouts and no walks in 15 innings.
    Wednesday, 4/30 7:10 PM

Aaron Harang, RHP (3-1, 0.85 ERA/2.23 FIP/3.75 xFIP) vs Nathan Eovaldi, RHP (1-1, 2.87 ERA/2.16 FIP/2.99 xFIP)

Harang continues to be one of the best stories in baseball, striking out a season-best 11 in six innings against the Marlins in his last start. His 0.85 ERA is the best by a starter in the National League.

Eovaldi will get a second crack at Atlanta five days after he received a no-decision against the Braves. He gave up one unearned run in six innings, recording his fourth quality start in five outings this season.

Thursday, 5/1 7:10 PM

Ervin Santana, RHP (3-0, 1.95 ERA/1.85 FIP/2.19 xFIP) vs Henderson Alvarez, RHP (1-2, 2.73 ERA/3.22 FIP/3.61 xFIP)

Santana won his third straight decision on April 25, but he struggled near the end, giving up four runs on four hits and a walk against the final nine batters he faced. He gave up a season-high nine hits and struck out seven.

Alvarez has allowed just two runs in his last two starts, a span of 15 innings. The right-hander followed up a two-hit shutout against Seattle by giving up two runs vs. the Mets. He struck out four in each game.

vCash
    How about we not waste one of Alex Wood's starts for a change? Again, that Marlins rotation is damn right formidable..got to scrap and grind through offensively.

vCash
    We Need Heyward on base more!

vCash
    Good Lord, we face Fernandez again, not good guys. Eovaldi always give us trouble and Alvarez is a formidable pitcher on his own, a really low scoring series, hope to win two, I just don't know which two we are winning.

vCash
    I think we win the duel tonight, lose to Nasty Nate on Wednesday and beat Henderson on Thursday.
    ]

vCash
    Man we have to get this forum active again, sorry I haven't been here as much going to try and change that.

Never thought I'd say tough series with the Marlins but this one will be tough. Still think we take 2/3.

Simmons over Harper!!!

WAR Stats:

2014 - Simmons 0.7 vs Harper -0.2
    2013 - Simmons 4.7 vs Harper 3.8
    Career - Simmons 7.6 vs Harper 8.1
    162 game average - Simmons 5.0 vs Harper 4.7

updated 5/22/14

vCash
    Cannot wait for the matchup tonight, Wood vs Fernandez, going to be great . . . again!

Simmons over Harper!!!

WAR Stats:

updated 5/22/14

vCash
    What a tough series. Heyward needs to get on base more. We have got to start swinging the bat early in the count. With two strikes, Fernandez equipped with that fastball and the curvball/slider is devastating.

We could really use a guy like Tommy La Stella in this series, couldn't we?

Go Braves.
    El Oso Blanco

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GoBraves View Post
    What a tough series. Heyward needs to get on base more. We have got to start swinging the bat early in the count. With two strikes, Fernandez equipped with that fastball and the curvball/slider is devastating.

We could really use a guy like Tommy La Stella in this series, couldn't we?

Go Braves.
    Tommy LaStella while hitting .317 in AAA has a .720 OPS and a grand total of 2 XBH (both doubles), despite the good average he is not hitting the ball with any authority. Good luck stringing together hit after hit against Fernandez. At least Uggla can run into one.

Simmons over Harper!!!

WAR Stats:

updated 5/22/14

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Braves_Fan_RSD View Post
    Tommy LaStella while hitting .317 in AAA has a .720 OPS and a grand total of 2 XBH (both doubles), despite the good average he is not hitting the ball with any authority. Good luck stringing together hit after hit against Fernandez. At least Uggla can run into one.
    Ill take Jose Peraza over LaStella any day of the week. I say this knowing Uggla will likely be given the full year to start this year and next year LaStella, Gos, and Peraza will get their chances to move up. Long term I think its obvious Peraza with his solid D, great speed, and natural swing will give him the chance at 2B for many years to come.

Man that D up the middle will be NASTY!

vCash
    David O'Brien ‏@ajcbraves 7m
    #Braves lineup:

Heyward RF,
    2. Pena 3B
    3. Freeman 1B,
    4. Gattis C
    5. Doumit LF
    6. Simmons SS
    7. Schafer CF
    8. Pastornicky 2B
    9 Wood P.
    ajc

Lol. Fredi using the "all contact" lineup against Jose. Can't say I blame him...but this looks like a Sunday/get away lineup. Hopefully, this scrap unit can give Wood more runs..that kid deserves it.

vCash
    While all of us would like to see Jason on base more, it is worth noting he has been on base more over the last week or so. He has a hot in 6 of his last 7 I think. So he is showing improvement.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BRAVE KID View Post
    ajc

Lol. Fredi using the "all contact" lineup against Jose. Can't say I blame him...but this looks like a Sunday/get away lineup. Hopefully, this scrap unit can give Wood more runs..that kid deserves it.

Hahaha I don't mind this idea, didn't he hint he was going to do this last week? Plus it gets more lefties in the lineup.

vCash
    Didn't think he would do this against the best pitcher in baseball though. I can see why he would do it..but he can't just be avoiding the best of the best, not saying he is per say cause it's only one game in which he has done it, but our starters have to do a better job battling against the best pitchers...that's just the bottom line cause that's all we're going to see in the play-offs. You can only use the "we just ran into a very good pitcher" line for so long..

vCash
    I don't disagree with his decision, it's not like he always does it. J. Upton is the only starter I'd really want to see in there for 5 PAs tonight, but he'll probably come off the bench at some point.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast