Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Larry Johnson's Tweet in Regard to Sterling

Larry Johnson @TheRealLJ2

Black people your Focusing on the wrong thing. We should be focusing on having our own, Own team own League! To For Self!!

http://nypost.com/2014/04/27/knicks-...-black-league/

LJ is an executive with the Knicks and for him to say that black people should have their own league without any other races just doesn't sit well with me.

I understand the anger towards Sterling's disgusting comments, but the amount of ridiculous responses from celebrities are almost just as bad.

Yesterday Snoop called him a Redneck, White bread etc. and now LJ is calling for segregation in sports.

I'm curious as to what everyone's opinions are about this.
    Last edited by Enzo; 04-28-2014 at 08:57 PM.

vCash

What should the Knicks do with Larry Johnson after his racist tweet?

#Knicks executive Larry Johnson makes interesting tweet, calling for black people to have "own team, own league'' nyp.st/1rCEU7G

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Enzo View Post

Larry Johnson @TheRealLJ2

Black people your Focusing on the wrong thing. We should be focusing on having our own, Own team own League! To For Self!!

http://nypost.com/2014/04/27/knicks-...-black-league/

LJ is an executive with the Knicks and for him to say that black people should have their own league without any other races just doesn't sit well with me.

I understand the anger towards Sterling's disgusting comments, but the amount of ridiculous responses from celebrities are almost just as bad.

Yesterday Snoop called him a Redneck, White bread etc. and now LJ is calling for segregation in sports.

I'm curious as to what everyone's opinions are about this.
    As a black man I understand his anger, but the system is designed where Black Millionaires can't compete with old white Billionaires. I don't have a racist bone in my body but that's just the facts of it.

I would rather strengthen the morals of the current league where Black, white, blue or yellow are free to play under the same umbrella.

JETS KNICKS YANKEES

vCash
    I just posted something about this as well you beat me by 3 mins.

LJ needs to be let go immediately IMO. There is no room in the NBA for racists.

I heard snoops racist rant too, pitiful

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by randallk34 View Post
    #Knicks executive Larry Johnson makes interesting tweet, calling for black people to have "own team, own league'' nyp.st/1rCEU7G
    Nothing.

He's another man with an opinion, and if you look back at the history of his country it's easy to see how the situation strikes a nerve in Black people.

JETS KNICKS YANKEES

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FYL_McVeezy View Post
    As a black man I understand his anger, but the system is designed where Black Millionaires can't compete with old white Billionaires. I don't have a racist bone in my body but that's just the facts of it.

I would rather strengthen the morals of the current league where Black, white, blue or yellow are free to play under the same umbrella.

Can you elaborate on how black millionaires can't compete with white billionaires? I have no clue what you are talking about, what system is designed this way? I'm confused with that statement.

You're 2nd statement to? how are they not free to play under the same umbrella?

vCash
    Last edited by randallk34; 04-28-2014 at 09:09 PM.

vCash
    Nothing.

He's another man with an opinion, and if you look back at the history of his country it's easy to see how the situation strikes a nerve in Black people.

Exactly, a racist opinion. There is no excuse for being racist, it's 2014.

vCash
    This is going to get ugly quick. I hate all people evenly. Never discriminate.

In before close and or race war started on psd.

vCash
    He sounds like a bit of an idiot sometimes, he had some crappy things to say during the Jason Collins thing too. I don't think it will get him fired or anything though. Really have no idea with Phil here though.
    The value of elite scoring ability, by Phil Jackson:

"This is a guy, we recognize his talent, and his skill is the kind of skill and talent that gets you through playoff games where things get sticky, grind-out, and basketball becomes a force game and suddenly you need to have a player who has the capabilities of scoring with someone hanging on them in a situation thatís critical. Heís one of those players, one of the few players who can do that.Ē

vCash
    I just posted something about this as well you beat me by 3 mins.

LJ needs to be let go immediately IMO. There is no room in the NBA for racists.

I heard snoops racist rant too, pitiful
    There's something you need to understand, and what I'm bout to say is real talk, no racism or any bias intended, I'm just speaking facts:

When LJ and other people of Color say things like "we need to do things for ourselves", it's not necessarily meant in a racist tone, or a slight to white people(or any other race for that matter). It's more of a slight to ourselves. It means that we need to build and nurture the same kind of communities that other cultures have. Latino people for the most part stick together. Asians, Indians, you name it, they have a sense of cohesion and togetherness within their race and their culture(generalization of course). Black people on the other hand over the past couple of generations have trampled over each other to get somewhere, killing and hurting each other in the streets, and downright un-unified. It's not meant to be racist per-say, and I understand it for sure has some reverse racism connotations, but until you've(not you, just in general) been on the "oppressed, spit-on, stepped-on, and treated like a sub-human" side of the spectrum, it's really hard to see the origin of exactly what LJ is talking about.

At the end of the day, we're all human beings, and eventually we all need to realize that we need to transcend the idea of racial bias. There's nothing in our DNA that makes you different from me because your skin color is a little lighter or darker than mine. With that being said, until you've lived in a world where the large majority of White men are Donald Sterling, and you're on the opposite side, you shouldn't be so quick to judge or just throw the racist card out there....

JETS KNICKS YANKEES

vCash
    Nothing.

I completely understand what you are saying, but doesn't LJ asking for segregation hinder what we're trying to accomplish in this world? A world without prejudice.

IMO everyone's entitled to their opinion, but as an executive in this organization you should think before you send something like this out to the world. It certainly doesn't help the situation.

vCash
    Just seams like an ignorant statement, from an otherwise smart guy, during a time when people should really think before they think.

I do think these players need to do more to stand up for them selves then just drop their coats on the floor then proceed to get waxed.

The players nba wide missed an opportunity to really make a statement. If not just for them, then for a generation of kids who look up to them.

Calling for sterling to "step down" or whatever is just silly nonsense. He is an Owner... You can't just up and sell a team one day like its a pair of sneakers on ebay.

But, they still could have made a public statement about hate in general. Or something... anything.

Racisim is ********. No matter how you slice it, and this league is dominated by black people.
    Stealring is an ignorant ****.

vCash
    Can you elaborate on how black millionaires can't compete with white billionaires? I have no clue what you are talking about, what system is designed this way? I'm confused with that statement.

You're 2nd statement to? how are they not free to play under the same umbrella?
    Honestly, I don't really want to elaborate any further on point 1 other than to say it has to with oppression, a system of oppression that will always fight to keep Black people beneath themselves.

Point 2 I'm saying that in the NBA today people of all races are free to play and earn a living as equal so let's work on getting the Donald Sterling minded people out of power instead of branching off and doing our own thing.....

JETS KNICKS YANKEES

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Enzo View Post
    I completely understand what you are saying, but doesn't LJ asking for segregation hinder what we're trying to accomplish in this world? A world without prejudice.

IMO everyone's entitled to their opinion, but as an executive in this organization you should think before you send something like this out to the world. It certainly doesn't help the situation.
    I agree with you, and to me its an even more ignorant statement then what sterling said.
    If you believe that everyone is entitled to their opinion then you have to except that sterling is entitled to his as well. But he made his racist comment in private to someone who was secretly recording him. Larry johnson said it world wide on twitter.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast