Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Minor League Thread 4/28/2014-5/04/2014

Nimmo 4-4 with a homer.

Rodriguez with his third homer as well.

vCash
    Nimmo is just red hot!

vCash
    There is no doubt nimmo will be promoted to AA this year it just depends on when a spot is open. My guess is June.

vCash
    Nimmo with 4 hits and a double.

Reynolds with 2 hits.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

vCash
    Video game OBP and OPS numbers for Nimmo. Amazing the kid didn't even have a high school team to play for and he is this polished.

vCash

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JCrusher View Post
    There is no doubt nimmo will be promoted to AA this year it just depends on when a spot is open. My guess is June.
    The earliest it could be considered is June 15, but I doubt he will be considered for a promotion until the last two weeks of the season -- possibly. It would not surprise me if he stays put the entire year.

The interesting thing about Nimmo as he moves up the ladder is if he becomes more aggressive as pitchers at higher levels will have better control.
    John Maeda@johnmaeda

Knowing the overall *shape* of an idea, argument, situation requires as many facts, models, opinions as you can take/make to see a whole.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Video game OBP and OPS numbers for Nimmo. Amazing the kid didn't even have a high school team to play for and he is this polished.
    I don't know why this is relevant. I played HS baseball in the northeast and played about 20 games. Nimmo played well over 60 games on his American Legion team each Spring/Siummer. It's not like he wasn't playing baseball and if his school had a team...how many games would they have played in Wyoming?
    John Maeda@johnmaeda

Knowing the overall *shape* of an idea, argument, situation requires as many facts, models, opinions as you can take/make to see a whole.

vCash
    Nimmo making a big case to be a top 50 mid season prospect this year.

I thought he was going to break out this year, but not this much.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    The earliest it could be considered is June 15, but I doubt he will be considered for a promotion until the last two weeks of the season -- possibly. It would not surprise me if he stays put the entire year.

The interesting thing about Nimmo as he moves up the ladder is if he becomes more aggressive as pitchers at higher levels will have better control.

I doubt he stays the whole year if he continues to hit like this. I dont expect him to bat over .400 all year but if by mid June he is still doing well and they have a spot open they will promote him

vCash
    WTF Nimmo?

Why didn't you walk tonight?

#slacking
    Go Grab My Belt

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    I don't know why this is relevant. I played HS baseball in the northeast and played about 20 games. Nimmo played well over 60 games on his American Legion team each Spring/Siummer. It's not like he wasn't playing baseball and if his school had a team...how many games would they have played in Wyoming?
    So did I and we played closer to 40 games (which included the playoffs). I'm just pointing out that you don't see many kids with his polish who don't even have a high school baseball in the state that they play in (Wyoming is one of the 3 states that doesn't offer interscholastic baseball). Not to mention, very few guys have been drafted from Wyoming to play MLB in the first place.

vCash
    Man, Nimmo gets you excited.. Wowsers..

vCash
    St. Lucie(14-10) won 7-3.

http://www.milb.com/milb/stats/stats...afa_1&sid=l123

Herrera 0-3, bb, run
    Nimmo 4-4, hr(2), 2 runs, double, 2 RBI
    Rodriguez 1-4, hr(3), RBI, run, 2 k
    Evans 1-4

Koch 6 ip, 4 hits, 2 runs, 2 walks, 5 k's

vCash
    Mets should of drafted Sonny Gray.