Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Goins Goin Down, Getz Gets the call!

After trying to force-feed the kid ABs for the first month of the season, it looks like the organization has realized that Goins should be playing in Buffalo.

Sounds like Getz is getting the call-up.

Discuss.

vCash
    Going from horse **** to dog ****

The Brilliant Plan of How to Get Andrew Wiggins in a Toronto Uniform
    Quote Originally Posted by deaner View Post
    All I'm saying is the league wants to see Toronto succeeded. An outside chance Silver could say to philly... You know... That's a great trade offer from Toronto for the first pick. It's up to you but we'd love to see wiggins in Toronto.

vCash
    haha, can't say I disagree! I'd be over the moon if we were about to trade for Nick Franklin (SEA), Mookie Betts (BOS), Micah Johnson (CHW), or Wong (STL).

There are a few other guys I'd definitely target too, I just feel like if we're going to go unproven/mediocre at 2B this season, we might as well do it with a legitimate prospect playing there for us to see if we can catch lightning in a bottle!

vCash
    I'm glad Goins is down but it really should be Kawasaki up, so he can platoon with Diaz.

Vic Mackey: You better figure out how much you hate me. And how you're going to deal with that. 'Cause I'm not going anywhere.

This sums up every sports interview, ever.

vCash
    Getz at least has better ABs than Goins likely ever will, don't mind it, but mildly surprised it's not Kawasaki. Must have liked Getz's start in Buffalo.

vCash
    Only thing Getz really brings is he has speed on the bags. 16 steals last year in 78 games. He`s not Davis but he can steal bases, something that Goins or Diaz really can`t do!

vCash
    I have a feeling this could be a set up for some other moves. 2nd and the rotation is still a big need

vCash
    It's not the right move. Kawasaki should be up here .

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hifi View Post
    I have a feeling this could be a set up for some other moves. 2nd and the rotation is still a big need
    If McGowan can't get through 6 innings tomorrow, he's going to the pen. Stroman will be called up and the trickle effect will begin taking place.

vCash
    Can we please stop with the Kawasaki nonsense...Please!!!

vCash
    Sweet ***. This answers all my questions a second base.

vCash
    Kawasaki couldn't have been brought back up until tomorrow I believe. (Must wait 10 days after being optioned to the minors). I suppose we could have held onto Goins for another game or two before optioning the kid, but I feel like AA made the move because of Getz' history with Kaufman Stadium and the Royals organization.

I'm definitely not sold on any of Goins/Getz/Diaz as major-league regulars... but all we can do is hope that AA has something more in the works.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Jet11 View Post
    Kawasaki couldn't have been brought back up until tomorrow I believe. (Must wait 10 days after being optioned to the minors). I suppose we could have held onto Goins for another game or two before optioning the kid, but I feel like AA made the move because of Getz' history with Kaufman Stadium and the Royals organization.

I'm definitely not sold on any of Goins/Getz/Diaz as major-league regulars... but all we can do is hope that AA has something more in the works.
    Like.... updating his resume???

Had to be done! Go T-Rex

vCash
    End of Storey. Storey takes the hit and is off the 40-man... no biggie.

.. as you were...

vCash
    Jays off season needs that were identified
    2nd base, SP, RH bat to pinch hit and share DH with Lind.
    Those are still the teams needs.
    Do nothing...solve nothing
    And can we end the Sierra experiment. 2 hits on the season is not worth the roster spot.
    Give me Mastroianni even. At least he can steal some bases and play a decent OF.

And who is Liam Hendricks from AAA Bisons?
    21 IP, 3-0, 0 walks and 21Ks
    Nice start to your season Liam!!
    Last edited by Big Hurt; 04-29-2014 at 01:09 PM.