Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

What should the league do to Donald Sterling?

Not to take anything away from the actual series which should have all of our attention, but this is more of a NBA as a whole issue. I'd like to see this thread stick around through out the summer if possible.

Going forward both in this series and for the clippers in general- how is this Donald Sterling thing going to play itself out? Does anybody have any opinions- LOL this might be worse than what got lacob booed a couple seasons ago. (kidding).

Im actually wondering if there will be some type of crazy fan in LA who gets carried away making a statement in the next game. I think as a matter of safety- Sterling should not be at any game for the near future.
    A role model if I ever knew one

vCash
    What should they do? Summon the Cthulhu to devour his soul. Or at the very least force him to sell the team or step down.

What they might do? Suspend him and take control of the team, wait for a couple of years before getting him to sell or make him a permanent silent partner.

What will they do? Fine him something irrelevant like 5 million, have him publicly apologise, suspend him for a couple of years, let someone else on the board or in the family take "control" let him pull the strings from behind the scenes and/or eventually take over again a few years down the line.
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Bird
    It doesn't matter who scores the points, it's who can get the ball to the scorer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Jordan
    Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships.

vCash
    I heard the max they can do since it's a private organization/bylaw, is fine him $1 million and some suspension. But then again, the other owners could get together and sue to not have him as their business partner, that could be in litigation for years. In the end it's still ugly! The commissioner works for the owners right?

vCash
    I don't think Sterling should of owned that team for as long as he has. His action not only resonated through the NBA but into other sports and cultures. Matt Kemp made his statement during a game ditching his normal music for Michael Jackson's Black or White. The Mavericks and Spurs are coming up with a way to protest Sterling. There is nowhere for Sterling to go but to sell the team. This guy probably can't even attend his own games now and for the better part of the last 20 years, the Clippers were pretty much nonexistent. This was a guy that was content with being in the shadow of the Lakers and turned down a move to Anaheim.

On his record as an owner alone, he shouldn't own a team. Now throw this whole fiasco in the mix and Adam Silver, along with the other owners, will force him to sell the team. What will happen if he remains the owner? I can see guys like Chris Paul and Blake Griffin demanding trades. DeAndre Jordan is a free in 2 years and don't see him re-signing if Sterling still owns the team. No one will or should want to play for the Clippers.

My conspiracy theory: Why was that personal conversation recorded in the first place? Who has the most to gain from it? Magic Johnson and Guggenheim are big players in the LA area and if I had to place a bet on who was behind all this, it would be them. They knew they would never pry the Lakers away from the Buss family. So why not cause a stir and force an idiotic owner like Sterling to sell. Not only would it be good for Magic and Co, but good for the NBA, good for the city of LA and great for the fans. The only person that loses is Sterling.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chromehounds View Post
    I heard the max they can do since it's a private organization/bylaw, is fine him $1 million and some suspension. But then again, the other owners could get together and sue to not have him as their business partner, that could be in litigation for years. In the end it's still ugly! The commissioner works for the owners right?
    million dollar fine is meaningless- sponsors are backing out as we speak already. Those comments will cost him more than any fine the league could come up with

vCash
    Sterling is a franchise owner, he doesn't own the Clippers outright. The commissioner probably has powers to amend Bylaws in the rules, but also the NBA constitution isn't public. So who knows

she says go for the championship

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by COOLbeans View Post
    Sterling is a franchise owner, he doesn't own the Clippers outright. The commissioner probably has powers to amend Bylaws in the rules, but also the NBA constitution isn't public. So who knows
    If sterling remains an owner- I would argue that it's a safety issue as much as anything. Sooner or later a someone crazy enough will do something at a clippers game to "make a statement" to sterling and the league for accepting his behavior". That statement likely could put many other fans in danger and at very least create an uncomfortable and insecure family environment to go and enjoy nba games.

vCash
    I find it odd that in the public forum so many people are trying to somehow back this guy or try to lessen the light on this guy... SMH
    49ers, Warriors, SF Giants, Sharks lol SMH

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bgdreton View Post
    I find it odd that in the public forum so many people are trying to somehow back this guy or try to lessen the light on this guy... SMH
    are you kidding? how could it be justified. Are they saying the recording might be doctored?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    are you kidding? how could it be justified. Are they saying the recording might be doctored?
    No they are arguing everything but the facts... Like his GF set him up (ok so what that doesn't change what he said) or the players knew he was racist but still played for him what does that make the players? ( ok do you know everything that happened to your boss in the pass? Where are the facts to prove that they did know). One guy said its not a big deal and all blacks are racist too. Lol its pretty bad...
    49ers, Warriors, SF Giants, Sharks lol SMH

vCash
    Yeah the main forum has some seriously questionable characters. A few people arguing nothing should happem because he has a right to free speech and it was a private conversation. One dude was saying nothing he said is even racist it was just a heat of the moment thing in am argument with his girlfrien.
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Bird
    It doesn't matter who scores the points, it's who can get the ball to the scorer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Jordan
    Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships.

vCash
    Allow all the players to become Free Agents at the end of the year.

Everybody will leave and no other player will sign with the Clips until the team is sold/ownership changed.

vCash
    Well there you have it.

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS
    "From the stomach at birth, till I'm under the earth."

#DUBSUP

vCash
    Well..Sterling is banned for life.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba-ban...3437.html?vp=1

This also maybe some good news for the Warriors. Although Sterling is banned, he still owns the team. Any action that Adam Silver and the NBA takes would probably be after the season is over. The last thing they'd want to give Sterling is a ring. I'm sensing the calls to go the Warriors way for the rest of the series.

vCash
    Uh ohhhhh

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS
    "From the stomach at birth, till I'm under the earth."

#DUBSUP

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast